Darkness Affinity Controller

StriderIV

Hi all!

I’ve been on a “Dark” power kick for a bit now and have yet to roll a controller! I hear Dark Miasma really shines on a controller over other archetypes due to the extra buffs it picks up (Fade OP).

Anyways, what are some primaries you would suggest pairing /Dark with? My first thoughts:

Ill/Dark: Seems like a premiere AV/GM killer. Color your phantoms like shadows and you have a full theme.

Dark/Dark: Seems like a natural synergy, right?

Fire/Dark: Tons of pets and probably pure chaos.

Any thoughts on the above combos, or any others you’d like to suggest?

Edited by StriderIV
  • Like 1

For the Controllers, it's Darkness Affinity. I think it's better than Dark Miasma, because it comes with too very awesome powers (not available to Dark Miasma) : Fade and Soul Absorption. 

Earth/Dark, Dark/Dark and Illusion/Dark are all AV and GM Monster Killers. You want to solo Jack of Iron and Eochai at the same time? Sure, they can do that. You want to solo a Lvl 52 Lanaru de Mad or a level 53(+3) Embodiement of Moth? You will prevail. You want to solo the Whole Maria Jenkins arc on +2, +3 or +4? Yeah. Why not. YOu want to do the ITF alone at your own pace. Ok. go ahead.  

Even Fire/dark seems to be able to keep the Imps alive, from what I tested, and defeat an even level AV. Probably it can be even better once fully IOed out in the late game. 

All these 4 primaries offer at least a power with -tohit (that can stack with DN, TG, Soul Abs., and the Servant). Earth, Dark and Fire have an AoE stun that can stack with Howling Twilight. 

So. Whatever you choose, you might enjoy, but they are all not easy and slow to level up. They are better in team early on, but they become very solid soloer in the late game.  

Edited by LynxNordique
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

• StriderIV changed the title to Darkness Affinity Controller
19 minutes ago, LynxNordique said:

For the Controllers, it's Darkness Affinity. I think it's better than Dark Miasma, because it comes with too very awesome powers (not available to Dark Miasma) : Fade and Soul Absorption. 

Earth/Dark, Dark/Dark and Illusion/Dark are all AV and GM Monster Killers. You want to solo Jack of Iron and Eochai at the same time? Sure, they can do that. You want to solo a Lvl 52 Lanaru de Mad or a level 53(+3) Embodiement of Moth? You will prevail. You want to solo the Whole Maria Jenkins arc on +2, +3 or +4? Yeah. Why not. YOu want to do the ITF alone at your own pace. Ok. go ahead.  

Even Fire/dark seems to be able to keep the Imps alive, from what I tested, and defeat an even level AV. Probably it can be even better once fully IOed out in the late game. 

All these 4 primaries offer at least a power with -tohit (that can stack with DN, TG, Soul Abs., and the Servant). Earth, Dark and Fire have an AoE stun that can stack with Howling Twilight. 

So. Whatever you choose, you might enjoy, but they are all not easy and slow to level up. They are better in team early on, but they become very solid soloer in the late game.  

Thanks for the correction Lynx!!!

Dark/Dark seems interesting, I didn’t know how it’d do against +4 AV’s or GM’s. Good to hear it fairs well!

• 2 weeks later

Just started an Ice/Dark controller.  Looking at being able to stack a ton of slows, Artic Air, Ice Slick, and Tar Patch  paired with a bunch of -to hit from dark powers plus defense in Shadow Fall and Fade. 

Thought for that combo, might need to look at procs for damage.  But should be a fun team build.