Jump to content

Obi-Wan Kenobi


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Voltor said:

Rumors abound that they plan to incorporate Legends material and story elements/characters into the assorted Star Wars TV series, including Thrawn.  We shall see.

 

Another rumor is that Mace Windu may have survived, but I hope not. Nothing against Sam Jackson, but Mace took about a million volts after being literally disarmed and was blasted out the window for a long fall. If he survived, what reason would have for not seeking out Yoda, Obi Wan and other Jedi and forming a strike team to first shut down and destroy Vader and then the Emperor?

 

Some of the Legends & Extended Universe material has already been remade into canon.  In addition to @Mr. Vee's comment on what was brought in via Rebels (incidentally the Inquisitors first appeared not in Rebels but in a 1987 sourcebook for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game), other source material was used in the Mandalorian.  Although the general idea of disintegrations was mention in Empire, Mando's disintegration weapon was first featured in The Holiday Special, as were the mythosaurs that Mando's ugnaught buddie named.  And then there's Freetown and its marshall.  Probably lots of other stuff, too.

 

As to Windu, I have to agree.  Best leave him wherever he fell.  Your point regarding lack of contact is sound.  The only other possibility I see is that Windu was considered to be a Jedi that came close to the Dark Side at times.  As such, he might have pulled a Darth Maul, survived by going full dark side, but unwilling to join Sidious & Vader because of the last fight.  As such, he may be off roaming somewhere with a fractured mind, much as Maul did in the aftermath of his fall.   But its still cleaner storytelling to say he died.  Besides, how effective is Order 66 if most named Jedi survived?

 

2 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

Thrawn's already been brought into 'official canon' with Rebels and new novels so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point we'll see him. Innertubes seems to want Benadryl Bandersnatch for the part, because innertubes.

Benny would be amazing in the role no doubt, but they'd have to do the opposite of Mark Hamill and notably age the actor for the role.  At the time of The Mandalorian season 2 episode "The Jedi" (14 ABY), Thrawn would be 73.  From what I've read online, Chiss are considered "venerable" if they reach 80 years, which appears to be their version of our 100 years. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

Thrawn's already been brought into 'official canon' with Rebels and new novels so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point we'll see him. Innertubes seems to want Benadryl Bandersnatch for the part, because innertubes.

If we are going with British Actors, I bet Matt Smith could do a nice job. Let him keep his accent, and maybe channel some of the wonder he had on Doctor Who, so he could speak about his art collection with great enthusiasm, like some sort of Curator. Then he and Karen Gillan can start a club for actors painted blue. Maybe invite Mary Poppins...

  • Haha 4

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

iirc the holiday special made the official list back when they separated out the legends. i'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for cgi bea arthur force ghost.

 

It's been like 25+ years since I read the original Thrawn trilogy as a teen. My memory of it is just that I really liked it. He seems a bit too Brainy Smurf to me in the newer stuff, but I might just be romanticizing the original based on 0 content recall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. Vee said:

iirc the holiday special made the official list back when they separated out the legends. i'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for cgi bea arthur force ghost.

 

It's been like 25+ years since I read the original Thrawn trilogy as a teen. My memory of it is just that I really liked it. He seems a bit too Brainy Smurf to me in the newer stuff, but I might just be romanticizing the original based on 0 content recall.

"The Rebels put a lightsaber in my purse!"

 

"Oh wait... I'm a Force Ghost. I saw Rise of Skywalker... I can USE this lightsaber... that the Rebels put in my purse."

  • Haha 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've only seen 7-9 once, which is once more than I wish I'd seen them. Are we entirely sure Bea Arthur's purse wasn't where Rey found the lightsaber in Mitch McConnell's basement?

 

"It called out to me like a pal, a confidante. It told me my heart was true."

Edited by Mr. Vee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr. Vee said:

I've only seen 7-9 once, which is once more than I wish I'd seen them. Are we entirely sure Bea Arthur's purse wasn't where Rey found the lightsaber in Mitch McConnell's basement?

 

"It called out to me like a pal, a confidante. It told me my heart was true."

It was Maz Kanata's basement, but I can understand the confusion. Not many people know what a Jawa looks like under the robes.

  • Haha 2

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Not many people know what a Jawa looks like under the robes.

Pelli does. I presume it's canon.

 

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

I bet Matt Smith could do a nice job.

 

I don't remember Thrawn getting a dance number, but frankly I'm all for it. #ItsThrawninTime

 

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRITIES!

Look out for me as: Miss Dream Weaver (Corr-Psi/Emp), Ranger Emily (Blaster-AR/Dev/Mun), Dr Amy Weaver MD (Corr-DP/Emp/Power), Dr Regan Sprungler (Sentinel-Beam/Ninja), Agatha Heterodyne (MM-Robots/Devices), Powerstar Gold (Blapper-Energy/Energy/Elec/Chaos/Puns), HarveyTWonderhamster (Tank-Rad/Titan) Elsa Van Arendelle (Domi-Ice/Ice/Showtunes)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Voltor said:

By that point, Obi should have gotten his head back into the game and regained his fighting edge and spirit.

 

I honestly hope this is the case as this would be truly epic to see.  However, I temper that in knowing that this is Disney Star Wars which does not have the best track record in handling characters from the original films.  I have a sinking feeling that Obi Wan is going to remain the broken old man and it will be young Leia saving him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

 

I honestly hope this is the case as this would be truly epic to see.  However, I temper that in knowing that this is Disney Star Wars which does not have the best track record in handling characters from the original films.  I have a sinking feeling that Obi Wan is going to remain the broken old man and it will be young Leia saving him. 

Unless they reveal there's a season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi, he's going to bounce back by the end of these 6 episodes.  Canon material set 8 & 9 years from these events shows him very confident and in control.  I don't think I'm giving anything away to point to his noble spirit in A New Hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

 

I honestly hope this is the case as this would be truly epic to see.  However, I temper that in knowing that this is Disney Star Wars which does not have the best track record in handling characters from the original films.  I have a sinking feeling that Obi Wan is going to remain the broken old man and it will be young Leia saving him. 

 

I had heard Thrawn was back thanks to Rebels but hadn't watched it,

 

As to the Obi series, rumors abound that it was expanded to 3 seasons with Obi slated to appear in other TV series set before the classics.

 

As to Disney not handling characters from the classic movies very well, that is due to Kathleen Kennedy, imo.   Her TV show for Star Wars called Acolytes I believe, is facing troubles all due to her disorganization and constantly changing things.  Rumors abound that CEO Chapek is phasing her out of the Star Wars projects, Rumors state that Lucas will become President of Lucasfilm and rebuild it and then pass the torch to Fiege and remain as consultant.

 

As to young Leia saving Obi Wan, maybe. However that would likely occur in such a way as Vader does not see her directly or make contact with her at all via the Force. IF he were to see her or sense her in the Force he may notice the strong resemblance to Padme and do the math or he might just kill her for being a Force sensitive and thus a future threat.  While he does encounter her in Ep 4 and 5 he doesn't do the math until Ep 6.

 

I suspect that the next 2 eps of Obi Wan will be him seeking Leia while at the same time restoring his connection to the Force and getting his groove back.  The final ep would be Obi vs Vader and possibly Qui-Gon's ghost giving Obi an assist.

All badges obtained on all 15 Archetypes, even to the point of farming Romulus 1500 times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Krimson said:

It was Maz Kanata's basement, but I can understand the confusion. Not many people know what a Jawa looks like under the robes.

I was vaguely remembering Bad Fox Graphics on Twitter: "“Meanwhile, Senator Mitch McConnell, fresh  off his cameo in the new 'Star Wars' movie…” #SNL https://t.co/HkA0wUOxjV"  / Twitter

 

which must've gone viral since I've not watched an ep of SNL since the 90s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to think Jawas just have the two floating shiny pennies in the blackness even without the hood. I had the molded hood jawa as a kid so I couldn't have checked even if I hadn't sold all those off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

 

Remember, this is Disney Star Wars.  That is a very, very, very strong maybe. 😉

 

Well at least Kennedy's influence is diminished now.

 

However Leia could save Obi Wan from the "certain point of view" that her being kidnapped makes him realize that while he must guard Luke that he is still a Jedi, and that evil triumphs when good does nothing. Thus he retrains and gets his fighting edge back and Qui-Gon helps him with the advanced training to become a ghost. Right now I suspect Qui-Gon doesn't speak to him at all because of Obi's current mindset of despair and now horror at seeing Vader.

 

Also I suspect this season will be what convinces Obi-wan that Anakin is truly destroyed as he tells Luke in ROTJ.  "Your father was seduced by the Dark Side. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened the good man that was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view"   and also

 

"He's more machine now then man, twisted and evil"

 

Obi and Yoda are convinced that Vader is beyond redemption and must be destroyed.

All badges obtained on all 15 Archetypes, even to the point of farming Romulus 1500 times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Voltor said:

 

...

 

As to the Obi series, rumors abound that it was expanded to 3 seasons with Obi slated to appear in other TV series set before the classics.

 

As to Disney not handling characters from the classic movies very well, that is due to Kathleen Kennedy, imo.   Her TV show for Star Wars called Acolytes I believe, is facing troubles all due to her disorganization and constantly changing things.  Rumors abound that CEO Chapek is phasing her out of the Star Wars projects, Rumors state that Lucas will become President of Lucasfilm and rebuild it and then pass the torch to Fiege and remain as consultant.

 

As to young Leia saving Obi Wan, maybe. However that would likely occur in such a way as Vader does not see her directly or make contact with her at all via the Force. IF he were to see her or sense her in the Force he may notice the strong resemblance to Padme and do the math or he might just kill her for being a Force sensitive and thus a future threat.  While he does encounter her in Ep 4 and 5 he doesn't do the math until Ep 6.

 

I suspect that the next 2 eps of Obi Wan will be him seeking Leia while at the same time restoring his connection to the Force and getting his groove back.  The final ep would be Obi vs Vader and possibly Qui-Gon's ghost giving Obi an assist.

While I'm all for seeing more of Ewan as Kenobi, how many adventures can the old Jedi have and still claim he's properly watching the boy?  This one makes sense as saving Leia seems the one thing that would drive him off Tatooine.  Then again, Disney might just be trying to get mileage out of those Tatooine sets...

 

While I welcome the removal of Kennedy, and would welcome strong input from Lucas, let Feige stay with Marvel.  John Favreau would seem the best Heir Apparent, with Dave Filoni as his Apprentice.

 

You're on the money...Vader cannot be place in a proximity where he'll know the child is force-sensitive, regardless of whether he realizes the family connection.  Other canon material, however, shows that the Sith are taking force sensitive children to raise as future Inquisitors, or at least a force army.

 

LOL..I can see that as the title of the last episode:  "How Obi Got His Groove Back".  You're mentioning of Qui-Gon's ghost yields a very interesting possibility, something to close a plot hole.  Qui-Gon, as part of the Force, might not view Vader as something to destroy, but to turn back to the light side.  We've seen other works, especially non-canonical works, where bits of Anakin show through, though he feels there's no way to leave the dark side, as spoken of canonically in Return of the Jedi.  He schemes against the Emperor in some of these.  What if Qui-Gon reaches out to the boy he cared about with his last breath, appeals to that ember within Vader and decides to teach him the ways of the force ghost, with the understanding that the Emperor cannot be told?  That would free Anakin at death, and allow him to appear next to the funeral pyre in Return of the Jedi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I have enjoyed watching it, I can't get over how badly Disney is Wrecking established Cannon. By time they are done milking their cash cow, The lore and cannon will be a complete mess. I would not doubt that some executive has already pitched the idea of making it a part of the  MCU multiverse, so that they can do anything they want script wise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

While I have enjoyed watching it, I can't get over how badly Disney is Wrecking established Cannon. By time they are done milking their cash cow, The lore and cannon will be a complete mess. I would not doubt that some executive has already pitched the idea of making it a part of the  MCU multiverse, so that they can do anything they want script wise.

Sorry but if Star Wars crosses over with Marvel, I'm going to watch the Hell out of that. 

  • Sad 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

You're on the money...Vader cannot be place in a proximity where he'll know the child is force-sensitive, regardless of whether he realizes the family connection.  Other canon material, however, shows that the Sith are taking force sensitive children to raise as future Inquisitors, or at least a force army.

 

This is one of the gripes I have with this show.  If Leia is supposed to be "showing" her force sensitivity on this series, did she somehow lose it prior to Episode IV: A New Hope?  Luke, Obi Wan, Vader et al did not have any inkling about Leia being force sensitive in the original trilogy.  Vader could sense Luke in RoTJ.  Did Leia somehow have the force as a kid and then it went away until she was much, much older? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vader might regard it as a curiosity, nothing more. As the Jedi are no longer functioning, there are probably dozens of untrained Force-sensitive kids wandering around - hence why the Empire's rounding them up in OWK.

 

Certainly, Vader notes it in EpIV while chasing down Luke - "the Force is STRONG with this one..." but doesn't seem concerned, more amused / annoyed. A Force user that doesn't necessarily know what they're doing or how isn't a problem: even a fully trained Jedi is just a fun challenge for someone of his prowess. Your arrogance is your undoing...

 

 

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRITIES!

Look out for me as: Miss Dream Weaver (Corr-Psi/Emp), Ranger Emily (Blaster-AR/Dev/Mun), Dr Amy Weaver MD (Corr-DP/Emp/Power), Dr Regan Sprungler (Sentinel-Beam/Ninja), Agatha Heterodyne (MM-Robots/Devices), Powerstar Gold (Blapper-Energy/Energy/Elec/Chaos/Puns), HarveyTWonderhamster (Tank-Rad/Titan) Elsa Van Arendelle (Domi-Ice/Ice/Showtunes)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Vader might regard it as a curiosity, nothing more. As the Jedi are no longer functioning, there are probably dozens of untrained Force-sensitive kids wandering around - hence why the Empire's rounding them up in OWK.

 

Yes, they specifically said that the Empire is rounding up force sensitive children, which would include Leia were she discovered.  Were they to find Luke and Leia without knowing who they really are, I seriously doubt either would be getting a pass over as a  "curiosity."  It certainly did not sound like anyone was getting passed over.

 

That was not really my point though.  If she is supposedly showing now, why was she not showing again and no one knew or sensed what she was in Episodes IV, V and VI until the very end?    It is like her force sensitivity comes and goes on a whim.

Edited by ShardWarrior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

 

This is one of the gripes I have with this show.  If Leia is supposed to be "showing" her force sensitivity on this series, did she somehow lose it prior to Episode IV: A New Hope?  Luke, Obi Wan, Vader et al did not have any inkling about Leia being force sensitive in the original trilogy.  Vader could sense Luke in RoTJ.  Did Leia somehow have the force as a kid and then it went away until she was much, much older? 

Maybe she stayed under the radar by not using it? Maybe she had cortosis hair pins holding her meat buns together?  Maybe being Dim in the Force isn't exclusive to Palpatine.

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Krimson said:

Sorry but if Star Wars crosses over with Marvel, I'm going to watch the Hell out of that. 

Me, I'm still waiting for the Star Trek/Star Wars crossover.  Well, honestly I just want to see a star ship start beaming stormtroopers into space and inflicting massive damage on Star Destroyers using the cargo transporters to beam bombs in and beam chunks of the ship out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Me, I'm still waiting for the Star Trek/Star Wars crossover.  Well, honestly I just want to see a star ship start beaming stormtroopers into space and inflicting massive damage on Star Destroyers using the cargo transporters to beam bombs in and beam chunks of the ship out.

When I ran the crossover TTRPG, I handled it like this. The Convergence Event happened during the Clone Wars and at the beginning of the Five Year Mission. The game started 20 years later during A New Hope/Wrath of Khan with the border skirmishes done years before. Mind you, Ceti Alpha V was really Acheron/LV 426, but that's a story for another day. 

  • Haha 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

 

This is one of the gripes I have with this show.  If Leia is supposed to be "showing" her force sensitivity on this series, did she somehow lose it prior to Episode IV: A New Hope?  Luke, Obi Wan, Vader et al did not have any inkling about Leia being force sensitive in the original trilogy.  Vader could sense Luke in RoTJ.  Did Leia somehow have the force as a kid and then it went away until she was much, much older? 

 

The old saying "use it or lose it", Leia may be instinctively using the Force at this time in the Obi series, but without training and being sheltered by Bail Organa and trained as a diplomat and joining the rebellion, her Force powers could have faded.  


Vader sensed Luke in the trench attack on the Death Star and later learned he was the one that blew up the Death Star and that his name was Skywalker. That was when Vader knew his child survived and he began to change.   In Empire Luke's training unlocked his power and the Emperor realized what a threat Luke could be.  ROTJ Vader and Luke sense each other but that could also be the father/son bond via the Force.   Until Luke revealed the truth to Leia she had no real awareness of her power, with her awareness comes her power as she sensed Luke survived at the end. However she wasn't trained yet and did not seem able to see the ghosts at the end.

 

All badges obtained on all 15 Archetypes, even to the point of farming Romulus 1500 times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Me, I'm still waiting for the Star Trek/Star Wars crossover.  Well, honestly I just want to see a star ship start beaming stormtroopers into space and inflicting massive damage on Star Destroyers using the cargo transporters to beam bombs in and beam chunks of the ship out.

 

And there 's the old question of how would the Enterprise fare against the Death Star

All badges obtained on all 15 Archetypes, even to the point of farming Romulus 1500 times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...