Drops A Pin

Panache

I'm working on a SF/Stone Stalker at the moment. Only level 22 so far but created a Mids' build. SA seems like a super strong secondary. Softcap to S/L/E/N/P, strong res to F/C/T, moderate res to S/L, 45 hp/s regen + Panacea and 4 PT heal procs. Good mez prot and res and some DDR mixed in. Looking forward to completing the build.

Flipping back and forth on Ice/stone Stalker and Brute builds. I like both so far.

Random odd fact. In terms of AS, Energy's doesn't do the most Energy damage. Rad's does.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 3/12/2022 at 12:00 AM, Without_Pause said:

Random odd fact. In terms of AS, Energy's doesn't do the most Energy damage. Rad's does.

Why....why would you do this to me?  I have enough Stalkers.....now what to pair with Rad..

But seriously, how did you arrive at this? Mids shows them as the same, unless I am doing something wrong.

4 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Why....why would you do this to me?  I have enough Stalkers.....now what to pair with Rad..

But seriously, how did you arrive at this? Mids shows them as the same, unless I am doing something wrong.

I was looking at CoD. Both do the same damage overall as do all AS attacks. The quirks are how damage is split when it is and cast times. I would hold off on the idea of rolling Rad due to doing more energy damage for its AS. 1. What makes Rad great is IG which Stalkers don't get. 2. Rad's animation times are not great.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=villain_pets.radiation_melee_assassins_corruption.assassins_strike_quick&at=stalker

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=villain_pets.energy_melee_assassins_strike.assassins_strike_quick&at=stalker

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

Pair it with /Fire. Rad/Fire Brutes are popular for farming not just because Fire Resistance is super easy to cap. Fire armor is awesome all around. 

I find FA even on a Brute to be middle ground at best. Even with an IOed out build for non-farm content, the build got literally flung around a map on a red side SF. I still need to finalize T4ing all of the Incarnates for both farming and non-farming content, but I don't see how it stands out versus other builds outside of farms. On a Stalker with even less HP? It feels like a lot of work for no real benefit when other ATs do FA so much better. I would go EA or Stone.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

9 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Fire Amor has Burn. Even on my Psy/Fire Sentinel, Burn is GOOD.

Burn is technically broken to my knowledge. I don't deny it being overly good. I still wouldn't roll a /fa Stalker if I care about min/max/staying sane. Stick a FA build in a AE 801 mission and see how far it gets. FA is great against easier mobs. Stalkers also don't get FE or BA. It is a cheap imitation compared to what a Brute or Tank can do with it. Out of the ATs which get FA, I would put Sents and Stalkers at the bottom.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

16 hours ago, Krimson said:

Well yeah, I can make a mission that is full of sappers too. But I think the number of 801 masochists is comparable to the amount of PvPers. You see them, but not very often. I was responding to SuperPlyx with an answer which will make a very solid Stalker, and a set that is already known to pair nicely with Rad melee. 

I actually see 801 missions being offered up fairly consistently on Excel. I have yet to see someone ask about doing PvP in game. Based on people who have run them, FA will be middle ground at best. I don't think Rad/fire is a very solid Stalker build. And again, you pair them together on a Brute or a Tank due to the dual damage auras. Neither of which a Stalker gets. Rad's ST attacks have long animation times so you want it for the AoE. I know it is old data, but FA is the least played secondary for a Stalker. Rad melee is 11th.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I yearn for the day when someone mentions FA and doesn't feel the need to talk about how well it does fire farming. Fine for most content isn't the same as being very solid. Again, my IOed out /fire Brute got flung around a map and it has some KB protection.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

It’s not just fiery aura that struggles.  Anything with a resistance cap of only 75% is going to be far inferior in durability running capped resistance vs a defense set at soft capped defense.  

It also takes significantly more resources to reach that 75% resistance on a resistance based armor than a defense based armor to reach soft capped defense.   Not only is your straight up mitigation about half as effective, but you’re also getting mezzed and debuffed into the ground as opposed to the defensive toon.  On top of that, defense sets easily add +rech increasing dps and durability as well.  

You play resistance sets on 75% resist capped toons for fun, not for optimal performance.  

• Like 1

Guardian survivor

On 3/13/2022 at 6:30 PM, Krimson said:

I think the number of 801 masochists

I joined a few 801s thinking that I'm going to see some upper tier level play in regards to tactics and game mechanics, nope. Just the same rushing in and trading blows by lol melee players playing their lol melee tanks/brutes. I expected more teamwork, nope, just everyone doing their own thing because they think their build is hot shit. You think a team with 3-6 tanks/brutes would be able to keep aggro off the other squishies? Nope, they are too busy mashing buttons on their own targets to bother with the rest of the team.

Masochists? not even, just lol melee players playing the same dumb way, with even more beefed up protection.

I'll take a team full of people that can single pull a mob out of a +4/8 pack consistently blindfolded over these circle jerking pack of people that depend on their builds rather than their brains.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Krimson said:

The reason I like fire

Is that burn is burn and burn on stalkers can crit. Fire armor has decent resists and a fairly quick recharging heal and when you pair it with a primary that offers defense like katana/staff or a primary that has some sort of area mitigation like ice, it'll do well. Synergy matters, I would not pair rad with fire because it lacks reliable mitigation. My favorite pairing is Staff/Fire, spin and burn. Besides guarded spin that offers defense, there's also knockdown. In addition there's enough AoE to take out fodders to keep you from fighting a war of attrition. All those things contribute to the success of a build, not just raw numbers, and staff helps out fire armor more than it does for defense based builds.

Synergy matters.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

5 hours ago, Nemu said:

I joined a few 801s thinking that I'm going to see some upper tier level play in regards to tactics and game mechanics, nope. Just the same rushing in and trading blows by lol melee players playing their lol melee tanks/brutes. I expected more teamwork, nope, just everyone doing their own thing because they think their build is hot shit. You think a team with 3-6 tanks/brutes would be able to keep aggro off the other squishies? Nope, they are too busy mashing buttons on their own targets to bother with the rest of the team.

Masochists? not even, just lol melee players playing the same dumb way, with even more beefed up protection.

I'll take a team full of people that can single pull a mob out of a +4/8 pack consistently blindfolded over these circle jerking pack of people that depend on their builds rather than their brains.

Is that burn is burn and burn on stalkers can crit. Fire armor has decent resists and a fairly quick recharging heal and when you pair it with a primary that offers defense like katana/staff or a primary that has some sort of area mitigation like ice, it'll do well. Synergy matters, I would not pair rad with fire because it lacks reliable mitigation. My favorite pairing is Staff/Fire, spin and burn. Besides guarded spin that offers defense, there's also knockdown. In addition there's enough AoE to take out fodders to keep you from fighting a war of attrition. All those things contribute to the success of a build, not just raw numbers, and staff helps out fire armor more than it does for defense based builds.

Synergy matters.

/fire also makes up for Staff's mediocre damage. For 801 missions, I'll honestly do more of them solo than on a team. Case in point, I was on my previously mentioned level 27 Ice/stone Brute after I updated my slotting. I soloed a regular mission and got in a situation where I was screwed and yet found a way to get past it. On a team? Meh. I doubt I blink. Some of the most fun I had playing a Defender was soloing a Rad/sonic. My knowledge of the game has improved the most through soloing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

energy/fire - 3rd

kin/fire - 2nd

nin/nin

stj/nin - favorite

staff/nin

spine/regen - worst.  motherfucking spine dots ruin ATO1 proc and placate still

dark/regen

dont have it in me to reroll most of them to Bio armor.  the added damage would benefit a few of them

I want to roll /nin, but the lack of resists make me hold off on doing so. I only use offensive mode in Bio when I'm on a team with my Brute. Giving up resist isn't something I'm fond of when soloing.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:00 PM, Without_Pause said:

I want to roll /nin, but the lack of resists make me hold off on doing so. I only use offensive mode in Bio when I'm on a team with my Brute. Giving up resist isn't something I'm fond of when soloing.

That's interesting! On my /Bio Stalker, I am often running Defensive when teaming with PUGs but Offensive when solo (mileage varies). I think I first made the choice to do this when I didn't want to be embarrassed in a PUG by that character "biting off more than it can chew." If the PUG is "speeding" a TF, obviously a stalker stands a solid chance of getting to the objective first... but even when we are doing slow clears, I will quickly admit to drawing more/nearby spawns into the teams' kill-box.