Aim or Build-up (or the like) allow accuracy above 95%

14 hours ago, Black Zot said:

That's yet another nerf-players-to-the-ground suggestion and you know it.

You need to stop getting your ideas of "fair" from the Souls franchise.

Simply trying to frame the idea in a way that isn’t net power creep. If you’re just proposing power creep, I can refer you back to the most recent “jranger”.

If giving NPC’s a mechanism for achieving this new tohit ceiling as well would be “nerfing players into the ground”, then it was always a bad idea in the first place.

My “compromise” wasn’t a serious idea, but it did a good job of clarifying everyone’s true intentions here 🙂 This was obviously never about realism, only power creep.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, arcane said:

Simply trying to frame the idea in a way that isn’t net power creep. If you’re just proposing power creep, I can refer you back to the most recent “jranger”.

If giving NPC’s a mechanism for achieving this new tohit ceiling as well would be “nerfing players into the ground”, then it was always a bad idea in the first place.

My “compromise” wasn’t a serious idea, but it did a good job of clarifying everyone’s true intentions here 🙂 This was obviously never about realism, only power creep.

Just a blatant bad faith argument. Mobs don't get anywhere near the current ToHit cap on a regular basis, so why should they suddenly get massive ToHit buffs to help them reach it (and massive damage buffs along with it) if it were to become a little higher? If you were really concerned about the minor power creep that a higher max ToHit cap could introduce, you could have simply pulled up a calculator for a second and proposed mobs get slightly higher HP to compensate, or perhaps Build Up and Aim get slightly reduced damage buffs if they were going to be the method to surpass the current cap.

You certainly made your own true intentions clear, I'll give you that.

Edited by Vanden
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Mobs don't get anywhere near the current ToHit cap on a regular basis

Exactly why they would need massive buffs to access what players would access with ease. And they would need to access those heightened caps for this not to be a player buff. Or you could add a bunch of hit points I guess, but definitely more than 5% because you’re not only gaining DPS but also losing the risk of uncertainty. The latter needs to come with a serious tradeoff.

The rest of your post appears to be very confused and full of psychological projections so not worth responding to.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, arcane said:

The rest of your post appears to be [...] not worth responding to.

I could say similar to you. This part of your post:

Exactly why they would need massive buffs to access what players would access with ease.

...makes me think you have an extremely flimsy grasp on how the game works. Players easily reaching the ToHit chance cap while mobs rarely getting anywhere near it is how the game works now. If you really believe this is causing major imbalance, where’s your feedback thread suggesting this be fixed? Either you have no idea what you’re talking about, or you’re still arguing in bad faith. Which is it?

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Vanden said:

...makes me think you have an extremely flimsy grasp on how the game works. Players easily reaching the ToHit cap while mobs rarely getting anywhere near it is how the game works now. If you really believe this is causing major imbalance, where’s your feedback thread suggesting this be fixed? Either you have no idea what you’re talking about, or you’re still arguing in bad faith. Which is it?

You have yet to properly represent anything I’ve said and are still insinuating motives for some reason. But whatever, I’ll answer once more.

Obviously everyone knows that players are at the hit chance cap far more often than enemies. Obviously. This is EXACTLY why this suggestion constitutes power creep. Because it only serves to benefit players, not their NPC opponents. My sarcastic compromise suggestion was aimed at imagining a scenario in which this was NOT a blanket player buff / NPC nerf.

I do not, however, think that any of this, even my joke suggestion, is a good idea. It removes uncertainty and risk from a game that already has next to none.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You are clearly still struggling with reading comprehension as well as insinuating motives and such again.

You seem to think you’re being a lot cleverer than you are. First, I know you were being sarcastic. That’s why I didn’t respond to your first post. It doesn’t change that fact that you made a bad faith argument. Second, nobody here thinks this isn’t power creep. Nobody thinks raising the ToHit chance cap would benefit mobs anywhere near as much as players. You’re attempting to refute a point nobody was making.

The fact remains that raising the ToHit chance cap would be, on paper, an extremely negligible boost that could be easily compensated for. The far more nebulous loss of “uncertainty” would be harder to compensate for, and I could see why you wouldn’t want to lose it, but you could’ve found a way to say that without being a smartass.

Edited by Vanden
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why don't we make this simple? Missing is a part of the game that serves a purpose. It serves a minor purpose that only rarely leads to catastrophe for the player, and missing when you pop Aim or Build Up is beyond aggravating, but it does serve a purpose. Barring some way to give mobs the ability to also break the 95% chance to hit cap, and given how rarely missing actually adversely affects players, let's just consider this suggestion dead.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vanden said:

...makes me think you have an extremely flimsy grasp on how the game works. Players easily reaching the ToHit cap while mobs rarely getting anywhere near it is how the game works now. If you really believe this is causing major imbalance, where’s your feedback thread suggesting this be fixed? Either you have no idea what you’re talking about, or you’re still arguing in bad faith. Which is it?

I think there is a difference between the ToHit cap and the hit-chance cap.