KoV Lore's Rallying Cry buff suppresses friendly TPs

AlishaShatogi

I've got a DP/Martial blaster with Knives of Vengeance Radial Lore. When the buff pet uses its Rallying Cry buff, Burst of Speed's teleport component won't go off. I'm pretty sure it's because of the TP Prot and TP Res in Rallying Cry. Burst of Speed's TP is unresistable, but so is Rallying Cry's TP prot and TP res.

Rallying Cry also seems to suppress friendly TPs such as ATT and Incan Destiny. I haven't tested with Teleport (as in the pool power) or Sorcery's Translocation, but I'm fairly sure I'd see similar.

No other TP Prots (eg orange inspies, Glad Armor +Def/TP Prot, etc,) seem to do this.

Suggested fix: Remove the TP Prot and TP Res from the lorepet version of Rallying Cry, or somehow flag it to ignore friendly TPs. In PVE, enemies TPing you is virtually (if not entirely!) nonexistent, and I don't know about PVP - or TP Prot's usefulness there. The TP Prot/Res seriously detracts from Rallying Cry by breaking friendly- and self-TPs for no good reason, which also makes KoV Radial less useful for no good reason.

It is very, very sad to completely wiff Hail of Bullets because Burst of Speed didn't TP me because Rallying Cry was up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im wondering if a non-friendly teleport is handled the same way by the game as a friendly one but just with a hit check.  That could explain why its blocking friendly teleports.  Im not at my computer so i may be off on some numbers but i think KoV radial gives 8 mag teleport protection.  Incan is a 3.1 mag teleport so it gets blocked.

It is certainly a PvP oriented effect so it shouldnt be removed as there is hardly anything meant for PvP and removing one would be a shame.  Im curious if raising friendly teleports to higher then 8 magnitude and leaving enemy teleports magnitude alone is a viable option.  I dont think 8.1 mag friendly teleports change anything,  the dampening field in a jail cell is like 100 mag protection so still nobody is able to teleport out.  Im not aware of any other effects that have any teleport protection but i could be wrong.

The issue is that Rallying Cry gives Teleport Protection, which counteracts all teleportation. Other buffs like orange inspirations, the pvp IOs, and Increase Density give Teleport Resistance, which only affects being teleported by an enemy. It doesn't make any sense for a buff to have TP protection, and that part should just be removed. TP resistance is the only thing needed for PvP.

This gave us a lot of trouble at Hamidon raids until we identified the problem and regretfully banned those lores. Its been reported multiple times, our report was

But I haven't seen feedback that the Devs have taken notice.

• Thumbs Up 2

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

12 hours ago, Burk said:

Im sure they have seen the report since the bug forum doesnt move all that quickly.  And while a dev reply is always welcome,  I tend to see them reply to things that are soon to receive attention.  This would probably be low priority though since this particular lore isnt heavily used and using something else is an easy workaround.   Not that it should never be addressed,  but i get why it doesnt make it to the top of the list.

18 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Fix this, but also:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add enemies with TP Target/Wormhole/Fold Space! That would be so cooooool!!!

The new incarnate Cimerorans, including the incarnate minotaurs and cyclopses, have the warshade version of Fold Space. Just need them to add the new content to the expanded Cimerora that they were talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

On 3/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, Burk said:

This gave us a lot of trouble at Hamidon raids until we identified the problem and regretfully banned those lores. Its been reported multiple times, our report was

Dawning realization that I may have caused problems in league situations recently without being aware of the ban - or this bug. Whoops! Guess I'm investing in another Lore power for now. 😔

• 2 weeks later
On 3/18/2022 at 12:23 PM, Burk said:

The issue is that Rallying Cry gives Teleport Protection, which counteracts all teleportation. Other buffs like orange inspirations, the pvp IOs, and Increase Density give Teleport Resistance, which only affects being teleported by an enemy. It doesn't make any sense for a buff to have TP protection, and that part should just be removed. TP resistance is the only thing needed for PvP.

Did you get the Bug Badge for this?

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges