Chilling Embrace and Placate... doesn't placate.

mechahamham

So I'm noticing on an Ice Armor stalker made after the recent placate changes that Placate does not work well, or at all, when using Chilling Embrace.

The combat logs from such a situation look about like so:

You activated the Placate power.
HIT Penumbra Cor Leonis Force! Your Placate power is autohit.
HIT Penumbra Cor Leonis Adjutant! Your Placate power is autohit.
You Placate Penumbra Cor Leonis Force.
You Placate Penumbra Cor Leonis Adjutant.
Assassin's Psi Blade is still recharging.
Assassin's Psi Blade is recharged.
Penumbra Cor Leonis Adjutant HITS you! Thunder Kick power had a 33.66% chance to hit and rolled a 5.48.
Penumbra Cor Leonis Adjutant hits you with their Thunder Kick for 104.32 points of Smashing damage.

There are no DOT numbers ticking over the enemy's heads, but the chilling embrace graphic (with no damage procs, it's only got one endurance reduction generic IO) is still playing. They immediately attack, even if the placate animation finishes playing.

My thought is that Chilling Embrace is not properly suppressed when placated. Looking at CoD, I see the following tag on the power:

That looks like other non-damage vs. Enemy PBAOE stalker auras. If you look at Cloak of Fear or Oppressive Gloom on Stalker's Dark Armor, they're set up the same way. (The difference between the DA auras and Chilling Embrace is that Chilling Embrace doesn't apply any kind of control other than slow.)

Perhaps the fix for this is removing the enemy notification or changing the enemy notification so that it stops as soon as the enemy is placated.

Thoughts?