Trying to Figure Out Time

00Troy00

I'm Interested in a Time-based toon (I was thinking defender, but if it's better suited to another class, I'm open). I've tried Time before, and it didn't go well, but I keep seeing threads about how awesome it is, so I assume I wasn't doing something(s) correctly. Is there a guide somewhere for Time? If there is, I haven't seen it.

You can search the forums for time builds, typing in "/Time" will yield a myriad of results, and I know there's a Time guide for Masterminds on the Mastermind Forum.

I personally prefer Time on Blasters, mostly because Time Lord is a stupendous power that, if any other class got it, would absolutely break the game, literally, the world would fracture in half and all the spaghetti code would fall out -- I've had this confirmed. By Him.

But feel free to pick it up on whatever.

• Haha 1

Resident certified baby

We really do live in an era of builds rather than guides, so it can be hard to know exactly what your powers are and how to leverage them. I ran /time as a secondary for my controller, so here's my short list of advice:

TIME CRAWL: Single target -speed -rech -regen
The power also tags the target for greater debuff potency from your other powers. A single slot of accuracy is probably fine here. As a single target debuff you mostly will just use it on bosses and the like.

TEMPORAL MENDING: PBAoE healing, and it's a pretty good one. Somewhat overshined later but who doesn't love a pbaoe heal?

TIME'S JUNCTURE: Big 'ole -acc and -dam debuff aura that also slows. Some people don't use this, I used it a ton. Does about -20% accuracy. VERY END THIRSTYY

TEMPORAL SELECTION: +Damage, +rech, +regen. Everybody loves those! Put that on a melee archetype where the big health pool will do the most good with the regen boost. It also lets your heals heal more.

DISTORTION FIELD: I don't have this one on my controller. I had so much control already. It's probably really good, but I don't know how it works. Sorry.

TIME STOP: It's a single target hold. I took it to stack with my controller hold. If fyou stack it with distortion field it's also probably pretty good for locking bosses down. You can make it briefly hold bosses by putting Time Crawl on the boss first but it's probably better to just stack two holds if you have thhem.

FARSIGHT: a HUGE chunk of why time is so good. It's perma-able pretty easily? and the controller version gives 15% defense and 10% tohit slotted. if you combine the 15% defense and the -20% accuracy debuff from Time's Juncture you're at functionally 35% defense, near softcap. Cool.

SLOWED RESPONSE: I just got this on my 'troller and I don't know what it does yet. Sorry again.

CHRONO SHIFT: Oh yeah this one's nice. It's a big heal with a small hot attached to it, a small end refund, and a 50% recharge boost for you and all your friends. People love recharge.

so yeah you have heals, controls, debuffsf and buffs. You can do a little bit of everything, time is real strong. building you kind of need to decide if you wannt to run Time's Juncture or not, because it's got a big end drain, causes a lot of aggro, andn you have to get in melee.

In general: buff alies with Farsight and Chrono Shift when they're up, keep temporal selection up on meaty allies, drop D-field, slowed response, andn time stops on grouups to lock down bosses and annoying enemies, heal with mending when you gotta, and otherwise just blast.

apologies, typinng this on very janky laptop keyboard. it probably looks real bad. sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

22 hours ago, Redletter said:

You can search the forums for time builds, typing in "/Time" will yield a myriad of results, and I know there's a Time guide for Masterminds on the Mastermind Forum.

I personally prefer Time on Blasters, mostly because Time Lord is a stupendous power that, if any other class got it, would absolutely break the game, literally, the world would fracture in half and all the spaghetti code would fall out -- I've had this confirmed. By Him.

But feel free to pick it up on whatever.

You do realize other power sets offer recharge right?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

40 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Yup, I mean Chrono Shift is +50 to you and the rest of the team and it's easily perma. Time Lord is 30 all of the time (for you alone). Time Lord is a nice buff but Chronos is very strong across the whole team. 

Time is very good at giving the team the things players generally strive to build for : Def and Recharge. That's its blessing and its curse, because at end game a lot of the buff can be wasted / unneeded. It's still excellent, especially levelling. But to a fully tricked out level 50 team it maybe doesn't "fill gaps" as well as some others. 

Still love my Time/Sonic with his perma epic Fort pet. Farsight & Chrono gives YOU a whole heap of build wriggle room (other than probably going for Soul epic for Power Boost)

1 hour ago, Crasical said:

SLOWED RESPONSE: I just got this on my 'troller and I don't know what it does yet. Sorry again.

This is your -Resist power (-def & -resist). It's not a patch like something like Tar Patch, it's a direct attack / debuff. Procs up reasonably well since it'll take Achilles and a pair of damage procs. 

DISTORTION FIELD: I don't have this one on my controller. I had so much control already. It's probably really good, but I don't know how it works. Sorry.

It's basically a big old bubble of slow, which also occasionally briefly holds something. Decent enough power to keep things in their place, not hugely impressive and I didn't find it much good with procs. 

FARSIGHT: a HUGE chunk of why time is so good. It's perma-able pretty easily? and the controller version gives 15% defense and 10% tohit slotted. if you combine the 15% defense and the -20% accuracy debuff from Time's Juncture you're at functionally 35% defense, near softcap. Cool.

Works very well with Power Boost from Soul. PBed Farsight is VERY strong (I only really run Time's Juncture for the -Dam and pretty effects).

TIME STOP: It's a single target hold. I took it to stack with my controller hold. If fyou stack it with distortion field it's also probably pretty good for locking bosses down. You can make it briefly hold bosses by putting Time Crawl on the boss first but it's probably better to just stack two holds if you have thhem.

Time Crawl gives Time Stop +1 mag to hold, so TC -> TS will lockdown a boss. Time stop also procs up well, giving me a decent extra blast at the end of Sonics softening up. 

Edited by Carnifax

20 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

It's basically a big old bubble of slow, which also occasionally briefly holds something. Decent enough power to keep things in their place, not hugely impressive and I didn't find it much good with procs. 

Distortion Field:  YEah, it's a little lack-luster at first.  But it's good with the Lockdown chance for +2 mag proc in it.  Also, if you stand in it with your Time's Juncture, things literally can barely move, giving more opportunity for the chance to hold to activate.  Also, foes with Time Crawl on them have a higher chance of being held too.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I don't think that's true, not at all in fact. Can you name a single one?

All the sets that offer recharge dont count, that's cheating

Resident certified baby

3 hours ago, Redletter said:

I don't think that's true, not at all in fact. Can you name a single one?

All the sets that offer recharge dont count, that's cheating

I'll jump in and share some.  In addition to Temporal Manipulation's Time Lord (and Chrono Shift as mentioned above), for powers that can give +Rech to SELF, there is:

• Super Reflexes:  Quickness
  • Electric Armor: Lightning Reflexes
  • Radiation Armor:  Beta Decay
  • Radiation Manipulation:  Beta Decay
  • Tactical Arrow:  Gymnastics
  • Electrical Affinity:  Energizing Circuit - even though you target an ally, the buff chains and can buff you as well.
  • Kinetics:  Siphon Speed
  • Arachnos Soldier/Bane/Crab:  Mental Training

There may be more out there that I can't think of at the moment.  And can't remember if any of the Bio or Staff forms grants a self-buff to Rech. 

3 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I'll jump in and share some.  In addition to Temporal Manipulation's Time Lord (and Chrono Shift as mentioned above), for powers that can give +Rech to SELF, there is:

• Electrical Affinity:  Energizing Circuit - even though you target an ally, the buff chains and can buff you as well.

There may be more out there that I can't think of at the moment.  And can't remember if any of the Bio or Staff forms grants a self-buff to Rech. 

cheater

Resident certified baby

10 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Savage and Stone Armor both do.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.