Hami triple bloom

fancy ketchup

At midnight we cleared a hami triple bloom on Excelsior. I believe the leader was magma phoenician(?).. Dazi and I believe i saw frosty there as well alting..took quite a while and we wiped half way through.. It was a lot of fun though and it kind of made me wonder how often is this done. I don't believe I have been in a league that has seen this through. Ive seen screens of a quadrouple bloom clearing. Can blooms just keep coming? I realize living long enough to cause a quad bloom is alot on its own.

Also did anyone get any screensots?

• Like 3

No screenshots as I wasn't there. 

The way hamidon works, there are 6 mitos of each type surrounding Hami when he spawns. If these mitos are not defeated, and the league pushes the edge and tries to take out Hamidon, at 75%, another complement of 6 mitos each will spawn. Proceed further to 50%, and another 6 mitos of each type will spawn - which means you have 18 mitos of each type, and at 25%, another 6 of each type spawn - bringing the tally to 24 of each type. And at zero, suddenly, all the mitos just despawn, and then Hamidon Buds form. 

• Like 1

Yeah it was quite an epic raid. Great work to Magma who led and all you who stayed and helped clear the triple bloom. I don't have any pictures I'm afraid.

That would be the first triple bloom I've ever helped clear here on Excelsior. Since we have moved to the one bloom clear method now, a triple bloom is always going to be the result if we fail to kill the hami. Since we know this method requires us to gut through the 75, 50 and 25% blooms, it is critical that your keep you EoE up the whole time we are killing the hami. I joke and say "Take your damn EoE !!!" , but it's also true and really important.  It's easy to get kind of complacent toward the end when it looks like the hami is about to die, but that is the most dangerous time were one good blast from the yellow mito's can wiped half the league.

It was really cool to see everyone rise to the challenge. It doesn't happen often and now you can say you cleared one.

Edited by Dazl
  • Like 2

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Glad you were there @Dazl I dont normally bring my troller  so good to have your guidance and yea I suddenly realize im an idiot lol each bloom happens at 25%,50%,75% dependant on how many waves you clear. So a quad bloom is when you are trying to zerg push from 100%without stopping once and you get hami down past 25%  and the poop hit the fan correct? Team wipes and greens regen hami back up?

For some reason I thought the blooms happened at 75,50,25 depending on how many you cleared and didnt bloom again till the end when things get weird lol.

Honestly I like it weird (no pun intended, ok maybe i just wanted to say it..) but I wouldnt mind trying a quadruple bloom as sick as it may sound. A little death never killed anyone..

Yeah you get a quad bloom with a failed zerg. Cleared one of those on Everlasting, it's hard, but feels cool when you are done. Much like last night, seemed lots of people just liked it for the challenge.

Green mitos heal the hami and the other mitos. So if the control team can keep them busy it makes it easier on the melee/tank teams to clear the yellows, which are the biggest threat. We aren't going to kill any green mitos before the range team gets back, so we run cover for melee and spread our hold around to try to prevent the greens from healing the yellow mitos the melee/tank teams are working on. When the range team gets back, we kill the greens and by them the melee/tank teams are good.

Would be interesting to actually plan a "quad bloom clear" raid. Just creating the quad would be wild.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

By the way if your interested in a potential "quad bloom" raid you should join Everlasting's Midnight (est) Saturday Hamikazi. There is a chance for a quad bloom every time we do it. Doesn't happen very often and many times we kill the hami twice with the same lore pets. Good fun.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dazl said:

Would be interesting to actually plan a "quad bloom clear" raid. Just creating the quad would be wild.

I love this idea! If you ever plan one - I imagine if you spam the normal raids about the event for a few days it would be packed. There is a pretty solid core group of weirdos on excelsior that I imagine would be into it.

11 hours ago, Dazl said:

By the way if your interested in a potential "quad bloom" raid you should join Everlasting's Midnight (est) Saturday Hamikazi. There is a chance for a quad bloom every time we do it. Doesn't happen very often and many times we kill the hami twice with the same lore pets. Good fun.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to move a toon to that server and check it out.. the tricky part is staying up late enough for me. Zerg is quick so if it works, its a win. If it fails its still a win for me lol. Kind of funny how that works out. 😆 

Edited by fancy ketchup

22 hours ago, fancy ketchup said:

At midnight we cleared a hami triple bloom on Excelsior. I believe the leader was magma phoenician(?).. Dazi and I believe i saw frosty there as well alting..took quite a while and we wiped half way through.. It was a lot of fun though and it kind of made me wonder how often is this done. I don't believe I have been in a league that has seen this through. Ive seen screens of a quadrouple bloom clearing. Can blooms just keep coming? I realize living long enough to cause a quad bloom is alot on its own.

Also did anyone get any screensots?

No screenshots sorry, I just wanted to say it was a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone that stuck it through. I brought my friend along with his newly minted 50 for his first Hamidon raid.  Kinda cool to overcome hamidon hard mode on your first try.

• Thumbs Up 1