If you lived in City of Heroes/Villains

FenrisWolf44

Permanent ski bum in the Chalet, because I like winter.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 3/31/2022 at 4:33 AM, FenrisWolf44 said:

If you lived in this world (who in their right mind would, but there you go), what part of Paragon City or The Rogue Isles would you make your home? And what would you do for a living?

It's ok for superpowered folk, but what if you were just, well, you?

Just to bring this (back) to the attention of the community:

A sort of long-running answer to that question, and others...

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 3/31/2022 at 9:56 AM, Luminara said:

I wouldn't live anywhere in the game.  No deer.  No bears.  No foxes.  No skunks or raccoons or opossums or phoebes or fence lizards or water snakes or anything else interesting and engaging.  Nothing to talk to, nothing to pet, nothing to watch and experience a sense of wonder and happiness.  I'll stay in my magical forest here in the Lumiverse.

Does cancan in background

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Khallisti Wharf

The Holiday skating pond zone 

Talos Island (central island only)

west side of Independence Port

Pretty much anywhere that Vahz, CoT, Banished Pantheon, or anyone else trying to use you as fodder for their projects might be hanging out.  The Family, Tsoo, Outcasts, Warriors, etc. might be bullies, but you can pay them "protection" money to leave you alone...sometimes.  Those others see your body as currency.

The funny thing is, I think Boomtown might just qualify.  Not a lot of potable water, but the rent's cheap, and if you hole up somewhere near the reconstruction site, it's close to Steel Canyon for jobs.

• Like 1

Is living in Pocket D an option?  The Ski Chalet and Echo Plaza are pretty nice, and you could even play around in AE, (though probably on some really easy setting).  What happens if I managed to get in on one of those farms, as a measly civvie?

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 1:58 PM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

High floor in an Atlas skyscraper. It's pretty, there are always heroes around if anything's going on, if I stay out of the Vazhilok neighbourhoods it's not too lethal, and half the Hellions I could take out with a swing of a laptop bag. 

Just realised something. One of my hobbies is fortune-telling, so no way am I moving to Paragon.

"Hey, Bob."
"Hey, Miss Emily. Thorns again?"

"Yeah, like I didn't see that coming. Least I remembered to make coffee first. Oh, and here's that recipe you wanted."

"Wish one of these heroes'd take you to the gate next time."

"Save me the walk. How's Sandra and the baby?"

"They're good... but you knew that already!"

[both laugh]

"Every time?"
"I don't make the rules. Open Perez Gate 4, Miss Emily again."

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Like 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

I'd live in Atlas and work in Warburg as an ice cream vendor riding around in my little ice cream van feeding all the local citizens creating joy they'd stop me as I'm passing through in my little ice cream van where all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy.  Then I'd diversify into Siren's call and Bloody Bay.  No desire to go into Recluse's Victory though they're just too cranky.  When I hit retirement I'm going to sell balloons on Spanky's boardwalk in a rocking chair with a dog at my feet.  Probably move to echo Galaxy City to a retirement community.

• Like 2

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Zappalina said:

I'd live in Atlas and work in Warburg as an ice cream vendor riding around in my little ice cream van feeding all the local citizens creating joy they'd stop me as I'm passing through in my little ice cream van where all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy.  Then I'd diversify into Siren's call and Bloody Bay.  No desire to go into Recluse's Victory though they're just too cranky.  When I hit retirement I'm going to sell balloons on Spanky's boardwalk in a rocking chair with a dog at my feet.  Probably move to echo Galaxy City to a retirement community.

One of my favorite songs by Van Halen. (Ice Cream Man)

I'd pick Atlas Park since the upgrade. It's prettier. Lots of shops (especially a game store!). I really like Imperial City but the lack of shops, besides liquor and coffee, is noticeable to me. 

• Like 1

Most likely in the Rogue Isles as a couple areas remind me of the architecture in some areas of New Orleans.

• Like 1

Main toons: Mistress-Six (Blaster), Cyber Bishop (Tank), D-Six (Blaster), Bowmistress (Blaster), Rina-Twelve (Blaster), Blazin' Bow (Blaster), 20 Fathoms (Blaster), Icee Qube (Blaster), Minaton (Tank), Princess Ariel Gabrielle (Tank), Lady Lilia M (Blaster)

Well... Honestly. I think if my life in that world was anything like it is in this world, I would have ended up with a superpowers, instead of a life long disability. 

So odds are I would be one of my Characters I currently have in game.  I would probably live in a house with Roommates, although I kind of Prefer the West Coast over the East Coast, So ... yeah, odds are I would not be in Paragon or the Rogue Islands. I would instead be a minor Super Hero in California. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mariel Martog said:

Well... Honestly. I think if my life in that world was anything like it is in this world, I would have ended up with a superpowers, instead of a life long disability. 

So odds are I would be one of my Characters I currently have in game.  I would probably live in a house with Roommates, although I kind of Prefer the West Coast over the East Coast, So ... yeah, odds are I would not be in Paragon or the Rogue Islands. I would instead be a minor Super Hero in California. 

You do realize that in a Super world, a villain would have set the fault off and sank California into the ocean?

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

You do realize that in a Super world, a villain would have set the fault off and sank California into the ocean?

Already been proven scientifically impossible, it would be easier to sink Oklahoma than California, due to crust thickness and the type of fualtline. In fact So Cal went almost 20 years without any major fualtline activity 

Founder's Falls.  And while I'm dreaming, I'd be rich, live in a penthouse where paid Crey Snipers are on my roof for security and I'd have my yacht docked at my building.  And I wouldn't have to work because, well, I'm rich - and I can play video games all day.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Simply to make a fortune off all the beachfront property that used to be the desert land they bought next to the fault, I'm sure.  😉

• Haha 1