Any teaser what is being worked on?

Pyriold

13 hours ago, Troo said:

Ima runnin outa lame topics.. need beta..

Let's see, lame ideas and topics, concepts for my future Clown Masterminds:

Clown/Dark Miasma - A black and white clown, or Goth Clown

Clown/Force Field - The name will have bubbles in it, darn it

Clown/Nature Affinity - I wonder if the name 'Twiggy' is taken on my server

Clown/Pain Domination - Here is your evil/menacing clown look

Clown/Poison - Maybe an evil nurse look. . . but you know, a clown evil nurse.  

Clown/Sonic Resonance - Think 80s hip hop but a clown, use the stereo thing too much

Clown/Storm Summoning - Weird clown weather guy that drives you crazy with a multi-colored Hurricane (note groups would hate looking at that)

Clown/Thermal Radiation - I wonder if "Hot Bo Bo" is taken on my server

Clown/Time Manipulation - Maybe a rif off Doc Brown from Back to the Future, but, you know, a clown

Clown/Traps - Yeah, what is the name of that clown in the recent horror movie franchise that makes you cut off an arm and do other stupid stuff?

Clown/Trick Arrow - Bonzo Tell?  Totally in Green like Errol Fynn's Robinhood but a clown face, and shoes, got to have the shoes.

Clown/Electrical Affinity - The high voltage look

Clown/Cold Domination - Bo Bo Frost?  

Clown/Radiation Emission - I wonder if "Love Da Bomb" is taken on my server.  

Clown/Empathy:  Hugs the Clown?

Clown/Kinetics:  Normal looking, for a clown, but some form of a Zoom joke in the name.

Clown/Not Appearing in this Update: Well, that's pie in my face but I'm sure whatever the Devs put in will be fun!

Edited by laudwic
to fix a typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, RickmanUK said:

If I had ANY Clue about how I could help.. I'd jump in and Volunteer, but about the only thing I'd be good with is Worldbuilding and missions/ideas.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

16 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

I hope we see something good. I really need some inspiration to play more regularly

My expectations are pretty low. I figure the most likely reason for long intervals between patches is that the volunteer staff has just been too busy to work on the game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

I sure have. Tell me how any other species is as destructive as humans. I don't mean just towards each other but the entire planet as well. All of Earth's species, environment etc. 

That's what I thought.

I can't believe that I'm being (for lack of a better term) attacked for being pro-human.  First, you changed your argument from worst to most destructive.  I can see an argument for most destructive, so I'm going to respond to "the worst" claim.

Of course the human population has done things that are bad.  I think that you are arguing total effect is worse than everything else because we have the intellect and ability to do more harm than other species.

But where you are missing the point is intent.  Humans as a species show more compassion towards others than (almost) any other species.  Some of the more intelligent species can show compassion to others and even other species, but that is usually limited to family units.   I could list/link countess stories about human compassion and you in turn could list/link countless articles on how people have destroyed things and been terrible and then we'd be right back where we started.  But the fact is its not as bad as the news makes it seems.  Remember, if it bleeds, it leads.  (Most) People are good.  If you disagree with that then I have to think that you believe that a) Most people are bad, but you're one of the good ones, which is narcissistic b) you are bad and everyone else is like you, which I hope not or c) the bad people are the ones in charge (which may be the case).

That's what I think.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, Troo said:

..what's a Troo to do?

While I may know a little, I certainly do not know all.

A busy little group is toiling away. The sound of their tiny hammers, music to our ears.

m0r3 we w4nt!!

Hints we crave. 'Soon' they say.. soon, surprises may head our way.

Tempered thy expectations and sheath our desire. Soon™®©℠℗☏

honestly, I am just hype, don't listen to me.

astray I will lead you, such is my purpose, such is my task.

On March 25, 2020, Troo made the stated the following in the Huge Announcement -End Game and PVP Thread

Clown Summoning Power Set

Clown summoning sized.png

Short Description: Grants you access to the Clown Summoning Mastermind Set.

Clown Summoning: With the Clown Summoning Power Set for Masterminds, you will be able to command and control your own circus of clowns. The minion pets are three traditional happy clowns, with squirting flower ranged attacks and balloon-sword melee attacks. The lieutenant pets are of the sad clown variety, and finally the boss clown is a vicious mime with a very powerful self-containment attack that puts himself inside of an invisible, shrinking box. Clowns arrive on the battlefield via a single tiny car that they all pile out of.

I think he is holding back on us, time to start lighting those torches and sharpening the pitchforks!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0th Power said:

I can't believe that I'm being (for lack of a better term) attacked for being pro-human.  First, you changed your argument from worst to most destructive.  I can see an argument for most destructive, so I'm going to respond to "the worst" claim.

Of course the human population has done things that are bad.  I think that you are arguing total effect is worse than everything else because we have the intellect and ability to do more harm than other species.

But where you are missing the point is intent.  Humans as a species show more compassion towards others than (almost) any other species.  Some of the more intelligent species can show compassion to others and even other species, but that is usually limited to family units.   I could list/link countess stories about human compassion and you in turn could list/link countless articles on how people have destroyed things and been terrible and then we'd be right back where we started.  But the fact is its not as bad as the news makes it seems.  Remember, if it bleeds, it leads.  (Most) People are good.  If you disagree with that then I have to think that you believe that a) Most people are bad, but you're one of the good ones, which is narcissistic b) you are bad and everyone else is like you, which I hope not or c) the bad people are the ones in charge (which may be the case).

That's what I think.

I think we'll agree to disagree and I don't want to further derail the thread 🙂

As others have noted, my expectations for the new stuff is low. I don't play much these days but hope springs eternal. I will be waiting and hoping with the rest of the supers!

On 6/7/2022 at 8:13 AM, Britannic said:

I mean you have a selection of national flag chest emblems and capes in Champions, I don't think it'd be much of a problem in CoH. But really all I'd like is wrap around cape mantles (like Hero 1's) as an option for shoulders, that'd open up plenty more costuming ideas.

Second this so much. I always loved Hero 1s cape soooo much.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

On 6/22/2022 at 12:01 PM, RickmanUK said:

If I had ANY Clue about how I could help.. I'd jump in and Volunteer, but about the only thing I'd be good with is Worldbuilding and missions/ideas.

Same here.

25 alts with all the badges!

On 6/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, Glacier Peak said:

See above

Recently I returned to work on an AE project of mine:  a revised SYNAPSE TF.  Due to AE limitations I condensed it from the design I had in mind. But if I had access to all the tools and of course permission, I'd build the whole TF, and after testing thoroughly, retire classic SYNAPSE TF to Ouroborus like Sister Psyche, Classic RSF and Positron TF are and install the new TF.

After that I would look at the Numina TF next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 alts with all the badges!

7 hours ago, Voltor said:

Recently I returned to work on an AE project of mine:  a revised SYNAPSE TF.  Due to AE limitations I condensed it from the design I had in mind. But if I had access to all the tools and of course permission, I'd build the whole TF, and after testing thoroughly, retire classic SYNAPSE TF to Ouroborus like Sister Psyche, Classic RSF and Positron TF are and install the new TF.

Interesting stuff. I pray that one day the HC Devs will implement my idea to use the AE as a tool where players can create and add missions to the regular game. These would also be canon. I think this would be a game changer.

Your AE arc could be ported into game and would provide some much needed content. There is no way any reasonable person can expect a volunteer Dev team to keep up with demand. I just hope they do start using this AE concept and reduce some of the burden on their shoulders. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/14/2022 at 6:46 PM, BurtHutt said:

Yes, I get that. I was making a sneaky comment referring to some AE ideas I posted back when - I was going to link them but can't find that thread...

Essentially, I had suggested making a bunch of new contacts all over the game that were new. These new contacts would be your contact to player created AE missions only. 

What's the diff between this and AE now? Well, glad you asked! 

1) These new missions would be added by Devs only (it could be a monthly contest - players submit fully fleshed out arcs/missions etc)

2) These missions would be at the same level as radio, paper and tip missions

3) They'd be canon and appear as regular game missions with the regular rewards (players would have to supply the full info on new characters etc which could be easily added to HC Wiki)

4) The contact info etc would not have any AE numbers or anything visually connecting it to AE.

AE is a very powerful tool in this game. My suggestion would allow players to create a lot of content, have it approved by Dev team and then drop it into the new contacts. This would save the Devs from having to port over the AE mission to a regular contact etc. A lot less work for the Devs and most of the work vetting and approving missions could be done by Devs who have minimal coding skills etc (or none).

Having missions made official and not in the massive pile of current AE missions would make it far more appealing to play these missions. We know there are a lot of radio teams running around doing the same missions. Or tip missions or paper. Those hit it and quit it type missions - quick and easy.

Many liked this idea back when and it would add a lot of unique content (original ideas should be a priority with new factions etc). There is no way a small, volunteer Dev team could keep up to demand and this way the players get to add what they really want to see as well.

I know this had traction from some Devs back when and It's too bad this hasn't been implemented. Maybe one day 🙂

Finally, I really do appreciate the HC team. I barely play now but I am sure I'll be back on a more regular basis!

EDIT: Found the old threat (2020)! It's where I posted a lot of my ideas back when.

Amen.

Great post.

And heralds thoughts I've had elsewhere.  Let the community do the 'heavy lifting' and select 'Lore' choice cut Dev approved missions via new contacts dropped into each zone.  It would give each zone a new lease of life.

Tips.  Radios.  GREAT!   But I've rinsed them to death.  Hit it and quit it needs an injection of freshness.  

I've even mused the idea of 'Street Sweeping' Radio/Tip missions for Atlas, Steel, Hollows.  Could have come with a host of new badges.

Origin arcs expanded by the HC/CoH community.  Magic/Natural/Science etc content for 1-10, 11-20 etc.

AE.  Under utilised in terms of it's original intentions, perhaps.

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Interesting stuff. I pray that one day the HC Devs will implement my idea to use the AE as a tool where players can create and add missions to the regular game. These would also be canon. I think this would be a game changer.

Your AE arc could be ported into game and would provide some much needed content. There is no way any reasonable person can expect a volunteer Dev team to keep up with demand. I just hope they do start using this AE concept and reduce some of the burden on their shoulders. 

It would incentivise the community to create the best content.

Sound.

Azrael.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, Voltor said:

Interesting thought.

Be interesting if the HC Dev' community gave access to the advanced tools or came up with AE2.  The community could craft missions/tips/radios/arcs/TFs etc.  Put them on the 'new' AE2 and therefore submit them to the HC Dev' 'select' threshold for inclusion in the game.

(Many of the TFs, for me, are simply 'too long' for pick up and play purposes.  I've got about 5 missions in an arc before I start getting 'are we there yet?' fatigue.)

Azrael.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, laudwic said:

Let's see, lame ideas and topics, concepts for my future Clown Masterminds:

Clown/Dark Miasma - A black and white clown, or Goth Clown

Clown/Force Field - The name will have bubbles in it, darn it

Clown/Nature Affinity - I wonder if the name 'Twiggy' is taken on my server

Clown/Pain Domination - Here is your evil/menacing clown look

Clown/Poison - Maybe an evil nurse look. . . but you know, a clown evil nurse.  

Clown/Sonic Resonance - Think 80s hip hop but a clown, use the stereo thing too much

Clown/Storm Summoning - Weird clown weather guy that drives you crazy with a multi-colored Hurricane (note groups would hate looking at that)

Clown/Thermal Radiation - I wonder if "Hot Bo Bo" is taken on my server

Clown/Time Manipulation - Maybe a rif off Doc Brown from Back to the Future, but, you know, a clown

Clown/Traps - Yeah, what is the name of that clown in the recent horror movie franchise that makes you cut off an arm and do other stupid stuff?

Clown/Trick Arrow - Bonzo Tell?  Totally in Green like Errol Fynn's Robinhood but a clown face, and shoes, got to have the shoes.

Clown/Electrical Affinity - The high voltage look

Clown/Cold Domination - Bo Bo Frost?  

Clown/Radiation Emission - I wonder if "Love Da Bomb" is taken on my server.  

Clown/Empathy:  Hugs the Clown?

Clown/Kinetics:  Normal looking, for a clown, but some form of a Zoom joke in the name.

Clown/Not Appearing in this Update: Well, that's pie in my face but I'm sure whatever the Devs put in will be fun!

Clown set?  Like 'The Joker?'

Gas bombs?  Laughing Gas?  Joker Death Smile?  Bombs?  Balloon bombs?  Water balloons.  Taser/hand shake shocker?  Napalm Rocket?  Killer Trick Card?  Red Hat Jump on your head power?  Lots of this stuff is in game.  Could be cobbled into a 'Clown' set.  Oil slick/Ice Mat for 'falling' over.  Die Laughing emote for a laughing confuse power.

Hmm...

Azrael.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, Voltor said:

I like how unique the Numina task force is. The hunt missions are part of it! Get yer mits off!

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas