Mapserver Madness! (Four-One 2022 Invasion Event)

As far as I understand it, the number of characters in a zone don't toggle an invasion, they just determine what level mobs will appear.  I was on yesterday when there were only two characters in Talos and I got minion spawns on me until the invasion passed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

• Developer
17 hours ago, Bopper said:

What I wouldn't give for next year's April Fools event to have a Giant Monster of the New Years Baby. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man kind of size. 

Adding it to the list.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Krimson said:

The lag was only in the event zone, and once the event was over, it was gone. I don't mind shenanigans. It's when it hits the point where anything I do is not contributing that I leave. At least my base macro button still worked. 

I'll look into it.

• Banjo 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

14 hours ago, The Caretaker said:

That is not part of the event. Lag cannot be replicated like that casually. It's possible that enemy density or fx had an effect on your client.

Shhh...don't tell them. You must pretend that you worked tirelessly for hours on end to replicate this effect! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please, please tell me that this enemy group will be available for use in AE (without the x10 xp, obviously).  I'm already getting a bunch of ideas....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

21 hours ago, Krimson said:

I just attempted this and my button bar got lagged to the point that I couldn't use it, so I left and as if by magic, the lag went away. Then I was informed that the lag and button bar shenanigans are part of the event. Heh.. No thanks.

It seems like I may have had a similar issue to what you're describing. I couldn't get my powers to fire off for the majority of the event even though there was an enemy targeted. I did happen to notice that a lot of the time I was getting an "invalid target" message over my character even though I could see the enemy and the target reticule. Part of that has to do with whatever the mechanic is that keeps you from being able to fire on something for a few seconds that just spawned in during any zone event. It did seem a bit excessive on this event specifically though.

• Banjo 1

So wait, this is still going on?  I thought it was just a one day thing?  How long is it going to run for?

• Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Does anyone have a collection of images and descriptions for the event critters?  I'd love to see them but every single invasion I've been in on has devolved into such a massive cluster@&@# that I have to target through some random league pet to even shoot at things.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

4 hours ago, Zhym said:

Ah there it is.  I normally have to ignore tiny text as it doesn't show well on my screen.  Thanks!

• Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I didn't do the math myself, not my forte. But, someone in league was saying that (paraphrased)

Normal XP     X
2XP                X + X
10xXP ,plus the double of the base XP would be 11XP.  So, seems to me - losing the inf from the 2xp buff when you can get 10xp and the inf that goes with that...lose the 2xp buff during the event. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I didn't do the math myself, not my forte. But, someone in league was saying that (paraphrased)

Normal XP     X
2XP                X + X
10xXP ,plus the double of the base XP would be 11XP.  So, seems to me - losing the inf from the 2xp buff when you can get 10xp and the inf that goes with that...lose the 2xp buff during the event. 

Hmmm I'm not seeing it.

Totally unscientific, and of course variables such as team comp affecting xp & such, but...

Yesterday I ran a fresh level 1 with 2x boost through one event. That one ended at L27 with 0 Inf. After posting this question tonight, I rolled up a new guy with no xp boost, and ran him through one event. That one ended just a hair shy of L16 with about 70k Inf. That suggests that the 2x boost actually doubles from 10x event to 20x event.

Obviously needs corroboration. But sure seems like running without the boost is a poor choice.

EDIT

Ran another newb with 2xp through an event-in-progress (it was starting just as the last one I was in ended before I made this original comment, so I got in maybe 4-5 minutes after start -- post-GM at any rate). Ended a couple bubs shy of L27.

10x event and 2x P2W reeeaaallly looks to multiply to 20x.

Edited by Cutter
Data!
  • Banjo 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

On 4/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, Shocktacular said:

Please, please tell me that this enemy group will be available for use in AE (without the x10 xp, obviously).  I'm already getting a bunch of ideas....

Hell, we've been asking for new Lore pets... these would work great for that.

I had a lot of lag from the event as well, but then again, there were not one one but two leagues in Skyway when I did it tonight, so that's no doubt the problem.  Also had a lot of trouble with my buttons, but since I was on a Def, I was able to get by with rockin' a few auras and button-mashing until I got past that "foes zoning in that you can target but can't actually shoot at yet" problem.  Sort of reminded my of a heavily-attended MSR from the bad old days when my rig wasn't enough to handle full graphics.  Still was fun enough though.  I just wish it didn't literally fall on every day of my work week.  I suggest in future setting these for at least one week in length.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Go have fun!

These are mobs with 10x scale xp, which let's assume means 10x the normal xp.  That's not bonus xp like experienced or the 2x booster, that's the mobs xp, so 2x that is, well 2x that mobs xp.

No need to be theoretical about it.  I took a lowbie, level 33, all by himself and defeated a minion.  There were no other players around to affect the enemy's hp.  I earned 2500 xp.  I then deleted the 2xp booster, another minion appeared and I defeated it - 1250 xp.  Therefore, 2xp booster double the xp.  If the booster were additive, making it 10X + X then the xp after deleting the booster would have been 2272 (or 2273 depending on how rounding is done).

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Hedgefund said:

These are mobs with 10x scale xp, which let's assume means 10x the normal xp.  That's not bonus xp like experienced or the 2x booster, that's the mobs xp, so 2x that is, well 2x that mobs xp.

No need to be theoretical about it.  I took a lowbie, level 33, all by himself and defeated a minion.  There were no other players around to affect the enemy's hp.  I earned 2500 xp.  I then deleted the 2xp booster, another minion appeared and I defeated it - 1250 xp.  Therefore, 2xp booster double the xp.  If the booster were additive, making it 10X + X then the xp after deleting the booster would have been 2272 (or 2273 depending on how rounding is done).

Cool beans, nice to know I'm not crazy (at least not in this one regard!).

Related: how does one delete the 2x booster?

• Banjo 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...