Cast your vote

Arcadian-Prime

20 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Basically BS and WM can have very similar performance that just can't be noticed outside a measured scenario (and even then only a few seconds).

To me this just says that WM even with its outstanding aoe and superior mitigation manages to equal BS in a ST scenario, making WM superior all around.

As to the topic, I'll say KM/ice just to encourage more Nascar miming in the world!

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

To me this just says that WM even with its outstanding aoe and superior mitigation manages to equal BS in a ST scenario, making WM superior all around.

As to the topic, I'll say KM/ice just to encourage more Nascar miming in the world!

KM/Ice seems like a spicy combo. I find the Icicles animation to be pretty jarring.  Anyone else find this?

Like, not that it doesn’t look COOL (pun intended), but it is just random where the spikes pop out lol. Cool concept of having this offensive armor piercing foes though. I guess if you have the right costume concept to match with it?

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I would be standing on the shoulders of this man’s great build.

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

KM/Ice seems like a spicy combo. I find the Icicles animation to be pretty jarring.  Anyone else find this?

Like, not that it doesn’t look COOL (pun intended), but it is just random where the spikes pop out lol. Cool concept of having this offensive armor piercing foes though. I guess if you have the right costume concept to match with it?

45 minutes ago, Errants said:

Also voted KM/Ice, need moar /Ice Scrappers.

True! And I would say this is my one gripe though… Icicles IS cool, but it seems to really take over a costume. I guess the same could be said about Rad Armor.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Psionic is great when Insight works.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 hours ago, Randolk said:

Someone here is understimating the power of a 1-2 aoe combo Shield charge + Mass Levitate. It feels...glorious.

Plus, GPB is just sexy.

This is very accurate. I do shield charge then give them a sec th get back up then do leverage to knock them back down.  Hit a boss one or twice in between. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

Lin has more than a decade long reputation for being the "don't die" person in this game. Lin says "this is how to reduce risk of 0 HP" then that's a fact.

Yeah, for some reason the 2.5x toughness of the brute over the scrap wasn’t clicking for me with the 75% vs 90% resist cap, but when he broke it down in layman’s terms, it clicked 😂

Brute should be much tougher. For me, the difference maker might be the Scrapper ATO’s. If the baddies are dead, they can’t hurt you…. On the flip side, you can’t hurt anyone if you’re face-planted 😂

6 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

I tried to click to Vote but it doesn't seem to be working :P. ill give my opinion instead and say pick the one that is going to be the least boring to you personally and maybe test them in the test server.

Weird! It should still be live.

And I need to download the test server. Due to my analysis paralysis, I thought this was an easy way to say “welp, this is what I’m going with because the people have spoken” 😂 just curious, what would you have voted for?

15 minutes ago, Arcadian-Prime said:

Yeah, for some reason the 2.5x toughness of the brute over the scrap wasn’t clicking for me with the 75% vs 90% resist cap, but when he broke it down in layman’s terms, it clicked 😂

Brute should be much tougher. For me, the difference maker might be the Scrapper ATO’s. If the baddies are dead, they can’t hurt you…. On the flip side, you can’t hurt anyone if you’re face-planted 😂

The difference even FEELS pretty staggering. All about what you value more though. Rad Armor is a weird duck for scraps and brutes. It clearly is tougher to kill on brutes, but definitely gets more damage with the scrapper version.

Your'e dead =  You do Zero DPS

They're Dead = They do Zero DPS

WHAT DO (I pop insp)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

The difference even FEELS pretty staggering. All about what you value more though. Rad Armor is a weird duck for scraps and brutes. It clearly is tougher to kill on brutes, but definitely gets more damage with the scrapper version.

Your'e dead =  You do Zero DPS

They're Dead = They do Zero DPS

WHAT DO (I pop insp)

I guess in a PERFECT scenario for a Brute, they’ll be tougher AND eventually do more damage than the scrapper with fury built to the max…. But that happens in what, 1% of instances? Lol

1 hour ago, Arcadian-Prime said:

I guess in a PERFECT scenario for a Brute, they’ll be tougher AND eventually do more damage than the scrapper with fury built to the max…. But that happens in what, 1% of instances? Lol

As soon as the ATO2 was shown what it is for Brutes that was a lost cause. ATO2 for brutes is pretty garbage, whereas Scrappers got a simply amazing one. Granted, going back to City of Brutes would not be personally wanted (the game was definitely this for a minute). To be fair, what would be good for them? They aren't tankers, but they aren't scrappers/stalkers. Tankers got a GREAT ATO1 and a good ATO2. Scraps/Stalks got really good ATO1 and 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Arcadian-Prime said:

One thing to note is that a Scrapper won't need as much survival if a Tanker or brute are around as they will grab most of the aggro. The scrapper just needs enough to survive and if you are in a team you will probably be buffed anyway.

Solo is a different matter though.

• Thumbs Up 1

/Stone is very interesting, I tried multiple scrapper combos on Beta in order to test Brimstone primarily, but I've not rolled one for "real" just yet.

Decent S/L/E/N defense with some DDR but not tons.  No F/C defense but it does get F/C resistance. No S/L resistance in the set though, iirc.

7 toggles means that even with the +recovery from Crystal endurance is a struggle.

Brimstone is a nicely balanced damage buff, with Spines really being the only set that gets short-changed.  Because Impale and TS are ranged and the ranged modifier for Brimstone is so low the damage is lackluster.  Brimstone also does not trigger on auras, so no bump for Quills or Mudpots in that build.  Finally, it is "Cancel on Miss" which just makes its performance a little more random.  The rest of the sets felt equally boosted by Brimstone, with slower sets doing more damage per tick and faster sets getting more ticks.

Also, Brimstone does not function with Savage Leap because Leap is two powers and the second of the two has an activation time of 0.

Geode is basically "Combat Rest" and it works great, except when it doesn't.  I had moments in beta where it would last for its full duration (the bump that gives to Brimstone isn't really worth the wait, imo) and other moments where it was basically Insta-Jibbed and I was kicked out of it almost instantly.

I did manage to get a Rad/Stone scrapper to be almost endurance sustainable in Beta, and that combo looked to have tons of potential.  IG continues to do damage while you are in Geode because of it's extra-special nature, but I would not bank on that long term as I am reasonably confident that IG will eventually find itself on the chopping block.

I do keep coming back to /Stone and trying to figure a concept to go with it simply because Minerals has mag30 protection from Confuse, which is positively huge and confuse is one of the things I find annoying to deal with in game.  BS/Stone started looking pretty sweet when I was doing some beta with it.

Edited by InvaderStych
Corrected as noted in the next post.
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Stone skin provides a meaningful baseline s/l resist, though of course not as much as a toggle.

Ah yes. I knew I was forgetting something.

Stone Skin is a gem of a power; slotting both Def and Resist sets in an Auto? Don't Mind If I Do!

Edited by InvaderStych
punctuation
  • Like 1

NGL, I am sort of holding out hope that Sentinels will get /Stone with Brimstone intact.

Edit: Before everyone jumps on the word Sentinel ...

... it is because I have a wordplay based name and associated concept that doesn't fit with any melee primaries except one that I don't enjoy playing very much. 😄

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 2