Paladin Bug and/or Glitch

PZephregames

I watched as Paladin was finally constructed. I then followed him. He then passed the AE building and was immediately zapped by Police Drone. I posted in help channel and others confirmed it has happened before. (also someone stated that Skyway Babbage has had same issue, but did not mention location on map)

Thanks for keeping game alive

1 hour ago, PZephregames said:

I watched as Paladin was finally constructed. I then followed him. He then passed the AE building and was immediately zapped by Police Drone. I posted in help channel and others confirmed it has happened before. (also someone stated that Skyway Babbage has had same issue, but did not mention location on map)

This isn't a bug or glitch.  Any mob that gets near a drone gets zapped into nothingness.  GMs are no exceptions.  The drones are at certain locations to protect us in certain areas (like near the trainers).  

Regarding Paladin - you get the badge from preventing his construction.  Because the event happens randomly, and if no one is around, he gets built and then wanders around KR killing lowbies.  It is also possible to have several Paladins roaming around KR at the same time.  So, if one of these gets droned - that's probably a good thing,  

As for Babbage in Skyway - he is an ambush spawn and follows his target until taunted elsewhere.  Generally, he spawns in the south and there is a spawn location fairly close to the South Tram.  If people pulled him towards it (by trying to run away or taunting him), then yes, he would get droned and disappear.  But this is extremely rare.  Nevertheless, this isn't really an issue either as he is not needed for TF completion and if someone wants the badge and merits, they can get him when he spawns in Boomtown.  

Completed Paladins will eventually work their way up to the High Park area, often clustering in the sunken park south of the old gate to Galaxy City; there seems to be a limit of three -- one for each spawn location. For either of the two southern spawn locations, the Paladin may go right past the AE building and get droned if he doesn't have enough of a crowd of regular Clockwork to take the hits before he gets past.

Also, if you catch him in High Park, and he thinks he's losing, he'll sometimes take off heading south to try to reach the drones near Blue Steel and deny you the victory; when that happens, one of the possible routes he takes goes by the AE building, where he gets droned, no longer having his retinue to protect him.

10 hours ago, PZephregames said:

Probably because Paladin was in game before AE.   Do they need police drones near the AE building?  Hey Dev's maybe get rid of those police drones if they're not needed? 

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

6 hours ago, Zappalina said:

Probably because Paladin was in game before AE.   Do they need police drones near the AE building?  Hey Dev's maybe get rid of those police drones if they're not needed? 

15 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

The drones are at certain locations to protect us in certain areas (like near the trainers).  

Quoting @Frozen Burn to reply to @Zappalina. If it is a location where players may gather routinely, it has drones protecting it. AE is a place where players may gather, you know, to do AE arcs, just like at trainers and at the gates (since we used to actually use those to get around the city).