No Powers in Power Trays after Character Creation

Apparition

This happens to me every once in a blue moon.  On a very rare occasion, upon first entering the game after character creation, my character will have no powers at all in the power trays.  Simple fix, just pull them in, but still odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have noticed this myself on several occasions in the past few months.

52 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I have noticed this myself on several occasions in the past few months.

Oh good, it's not just me.  Yeah.  It's happened to me once in a blue moon since the start of Homecoming, but it does seem to have become slightly more frequent since the launch of Page Three.

My rough (non-scientific) recollection is that is has been mostly since i27p3 that I have noticed it. I honestly can't recall if it happened prior to then, but it has certainly happened a few times since then. I could probably dive into my logs to try to get some more concrete data if that would be helpful.

It would really help to know details about the character - when they were created, when you saw the missing power trays, whether you're a hero, villain, Praetorian, AT, powersets, whether you went through the tutorial at all, etc.  Maybe there's some pattern to all this...

11 minutes ago, biostem said:

It would really help to know details about the character - when they were created, when you saw the missing power trays, whether you're a hero, villain, Praetorian, AT, powersets, whether you went through the tutorial at all, etc.  Maybe there's some pattern to all this...

In my case, I honestly don't recall the details. I've created a number of characters on the live, beta, and closed beta servers over the past few months and I can't recall the specifics when it happened. It's easy enough to grab the powers from the power window so it hasn't risen above the level of minor inconvenience, and in several cases the characters were for non-powers related testing, so for those characters it wasn't even an inconvenience. Knowing that this thread exists, though, I will pay close attention to the details going forward and will report back when/if it happens again. And if the devs decide to look into it, my offer to dig through my logs for useful info still stands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it's a minor inconvenience.  I just felt it worthy reporting as it may seriously throw off any new players that encounter it.

As for where I encountered it, I always do the tutorial zones.  I mostly play red side, occasionally gold side, never blue side.  I can't recall if any of the times I've encountered this were in Precinct Five or not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, biostem said:

Any toon type, load into Atlas from character creation, have the 3 powers in tray, log off, log back in another day and nothing there.  basically log off on a new toon and back in, like it didn't save a UI layout copy.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

It happenend me once or twice after creating a char (always without tutorial to blue side) he had the powers and logged of to make the next, when i came back to him tray was empty.

My working fix so far was moving him a few feet ( i choose city hall for the day job badge) and move at least 1 power in the bar to a diff slot before logging him of.

I think the server needs just a few sec to synchronize and by doing this i keep myself busy till he done so ^^.

Since i follow my fix i hadnt this again so far.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server