What are some good sets that work very well with /kin?

ArchmageMC

2 hours ago, ArchmageMC said:

For damage and/or soloing. Having a fulcrum shift for parties would be fun. I'm guessing DP/Kin corrupter but I could be totally wrong.

Also for RP purposes, what is Kin even doing?

Everything honestly. (Cept MMs, cuz it makes pets super dumb). But classic is Fire/Kin Controller.  But it pairs with everything, cuz your capping your DPS if your doing it right.

Fire. The answer is always fire. To add, Kin isn't known for mitigation. It basically has a huge heal which needs to hit for its best mitigation. If you pair it with something which adds mitigation, then that's also a boon for Kin. Kin plays in melee. If the other powerset does as well, then that's another boon for it. My Top 2 pairing are Fire/kin Corr and Controller. Ice for Corr and Defs is also really good although Corr is better. Ice on a Controller is only lesser due to Ice's low damage. Rad pairs well with Kin since it has -Def which helps Kin hit. While Earth/kin is good due to -Def, it is similar to Ice in that it's damage is on the low end. Elec is also a solid pairing with Kin having a way to drain end as well. Elec/kin Controller pairs great, but the damage is lesser. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I just leveled an Ice/Kin corruptor. It's a really good combination. Scourge + rains is a lovely thing. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Personally I prefer it on an AT with a Nuke, so I'd be leaning towards a Corruptor or Defender. What good is all that damage buffing if you can't wipe the floor with a big boom?

Ultimately, I think Corruptors lose very little vs Defenders with Kin, so Fire/Kin Corruptor is a great place to be.

You might consider Dark/Kin as well. Kin can be a bit tough to build defenses around, and Dark gives you some good defensive tools between some mez and tohit debuffs. You can also get away with a bit less damage enhancement and proc out more, as Fulcrum is making up the difference. Dark/ picks up further here with an extra available damage proc. You do have some in/out dancing to do with Dark's cones, so it requires some more attention to drive optimally.

@Darkir has some good explorations of Fire/Kin in their "kintank" builds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krimson said:

I solo Giant Monsters with an Elec/Kin Corruptor.

Krimson, you got a leveling build idea for that? dont need a build per se, just an idea of power path, what to take or skip kind of thing.

Although a build would be lovely if you have the time/inclination.

+1 Fire/Kinetics Corruptor @Without_Pause mentioned.

really it is tough to go wrong. pets plus Kinetics seems compelling (though I don't mastermind).

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I've run Beast/Kin with some success. It is pretty up close and personal though and doesn't have much in the way of panic buttons. But it is nice synergy with Beasts. I have a Robot/Kin as well, but thats part of my box team. But MM pets with the big damage buff is very noticeable. Problem with kin as an MM is it doesn't have a ton of ways to help the pets, at least for a "close/melee" set.

A kin/sonic defender has an extremely cool use in that it maximizes out going damage, especially on a team as bringing a team to the damage cap with fulcrum, and then debuffing the target's resistances on top of that so the team hits for even more is pretty fun but only really noticable on the upper difficulty levels as base difficulty things are dead really fast.

• Like 1

DP/Kin/Dark is wonderful. One of my favourite characters to play and I think the favourite build I managed to steal/make/refine.

Kin/Elec or Elec/Kin would also be interesting but a word of caution, the Shocked mechanic and the Tesla Cage chaining are meh at best. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later

I think my Troller which is Illusion/Kin has been by far my best build. I can do so many versatile things including scouting entire mission, get people teleported to fast parts of the map, and even when using the KIN powers, I can semi tank and fight using heals and transference with other buffs. It just proves you can do anything with the right builds and what style you play.

Revisiting this thread since it popped up. It caused me to try out a Kin/Elec Defender. I know it’s not ideal cause of the overkill with the defender values on kin. 

But oh mannnnn. It’s so fun sapping everyone of endurance in like three hits. 

Shocked also stacks up and adds quite a bit of damage. I don’t crunch numbers or min/max but can confirm it’s super fun. 

I've got a Psychic Blast/Kinetics Corruptor that is absurdly fun to play. She's been strong and useful at basically every level, and only gets more potent as her IO build has come further and further online (currently at level 40, as she's in a pseudo-leveling pact with the rest of my supergroup).

One of the least resisted damage types in the game + the best buffing set? Yes please. Fulcrum Shift + Psychic Wail absolutely deletes mobs. xD

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

I have an Energy Blast/Kin Corruptor named Energizer Bunnie that is amusing to play. Beast/Kin MM is also one of the few viable ways to use kin as an MM because the beasts are fairly tanky, and thanks to kin buffing damage, making use of the pets' defensive power (I forget what it's called, but it drops their damage and crits in exchange for defense) is not as devastating as a non-kin. It's also a very fast-paced up in your face style of play compared to some other MM's. Someone on these forums has a build that I started using on my Beast/Kin MM's that's pretty tanky and damaging, but I can't remember who made it. @Hyperstrike maybe?

But as others have said, Kin pairs with pretty much anything on pretty much any AT that has access to it.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

The first character I rolled when Homecoming came online was a Necro/Kin and he's still the one I use for farming purposes. Sure, the pets spaz out a bit, but they're super tanky with all of the self-healing going around. I know it's not a synergistic-combo, but I've had a lot of fun with the build

Edited by JStacy337

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

23 hours ago, soulerflare said:

Shocked also stacks up and adds quite a bit of damage. I don’t crunch numbers or min/max but can confirm it’s super fun. 

It shouts a lot but the damage is meh. < 10% on average on my runs on my (sapper-orientated) TA/Elec Defender.

It's higher on Ball Lightning here because I typically Short Circuit first then Ball Lightning (lower End means more procs of it, which is why the nukes is so poor. I use that more as an opener). 

image.thumb.png.834489234f7e8935906c9fbe48c8f336.png