Please remove/change "A woman dressed like a Harlot"

1 hour ago, Zappalina said:

Ok, fine. Perhaps you should ask the moderators to perma-ban Marcus Cole from the forums then.

Would that make you happy?

• Haha 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

This person thinks characterization of a villain is some form of player critique.
Were they ALSO similarly offended by the original Praetorian "Tyrant's boning his granddaughter" storyline?

Use of language in description and characterization of an NPC is in no way an attack on YOU.
In the real world, people use graphic, ugly words about lots of things not aimed at you.  And that is just taking into account ENGLISH.
And there's DOZENS of languages spoken on this planet.

If you don't like the words used?
Don't use them.
Don't  consume that content.
What you do NOT get to do is demand changes simply because you are "offended" about something that isn't a personal attack upon you or any class of real person.

If you're STILL unable to live with it, may I suggest you find a server community more amenable to your prejudices.

• Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

The only way this game could successfully avoid all sensitive subjects is for all attack powers to be taken away and missions to be changed to things like "Help Lord Recluse organize the breast cancer awareness fun run"

Edited by arcane
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Were they ALSO similarly offended by the original Praetorian "Tyrant's boning his granddaughter" storyline?

Now this one's hard to call. On the one hand I'm guessing that would be the ultimate expression of PATRIARCHY!

But, on the other hand, given how upset a certain subset of people were about a recent bill in Florida that prohibits teachers from grooming school children, maybe not.

Like I said, this one's hard to call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Sweet baby dirt napping Jesus. Since it's apparent the whole internet needs this done, enjoy:

Origin
f69027a02b8e69feb7433c0565a8eb7c5e62d36f
Middle English (denoting a vagabond or beggar, later a lecherous man or woman): from Old French harlot, herlot ‘young man, knave, vagabond’.

• Like 1

Just now, SwitchFade said:

Sweet baby dirt napping Jesus. Since it's apparent the whole internet needs this done, enjoy:

Origin
f69027a02b8e69feb7433c0565a8eb7c5e62d36f
Middle English (denoting a vagabond or beggar, later a lecherous man or woman): from Old French harlot, herlot ‘young man, knave, vagabond’.

As you can see, OP, the word is sex-NEUTRAL. And by old, middle and modern interpretations.... I'm a Harlot.

Now. Can we please get back to Nerfing Regen?!

• Like 1