Fortunata build help plz

Never made a widow or Fortunata before and have finally decided to take the plunge lol for Fortunata.  this is what I have be able to come up with.  I am not really good at these Builds and would like to know from ppl who have played the arch type if I need the heal self? and or RoP that everyone seems to put in there builds.  I really wan to stay in the air which is why I went hover but again if taking Mystic flight wont cause a end issue i can switch that out for the sorcery pool.  I just don't know .46 seems like a lot of end to expend during a fight. Thank you for all your guys help

fortunata1.mxd

I played around and swapped out flight with sorcery.  but again having no experience with the arch type.  I couldn't tell ya if one was better or not.  I saw a few vids of really nice builds with  leadership and flight and no epic but can not find any builds matching the powersets I saw in the videos but I digress.  thanks again everyone.

fortunata1 RoP.mxd

This build seems to be derived from @Bopper's Arachnos Sentinel build in this thread. I recognize the gratuitous use of Shield Wall.
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/26059-pure-ranged-fortunata-soul-mastery-build/
There are quite a lot of Fortunata builds on the forum and I'm curious why you went with this one. What do you want your character do do exactly? Team or solo? End-game content versus exemplaring?

Edited by Two Dollar Bill
How do you tag a user so they know thier name has been invoked?

mostly team end game.  Ive been melee for years and looking for something out of my comfort zone and heard some talk and saw some videos of the fortunata arch type and it looked really interesting. I was not able to find a build that matched or fit what I was hearing and seeing.  all rang no melee, with leadership, flight, speed, fighting, and no epic.  easy enough to see what powers they got but NO clue how they were slotted. Like I stated I am not very good ( I totally suck ) creating builds. I was hoping someone who was more experienced with the Arch type or doing Mids builds might be able to help me out.  thanks for the replay and all your help 

If I had to guess, the OP may have seen the +4x8 solo ITF that relied on a flight power to keep distance from some of the spawns.

Perhaps ironically, the linked build is my Fortunata that I play the least! I enjoy my Ranged/Control build the most. I haven't settled on an end-game team friendly build yet because I mostly solo mid-game content. I also enjoy the set bonuses from attacks, so it is hard (for me) to sacrifice a smooth attack chain to get more team-friendly powers. For a self-heal, I prefer Unrelenting... the first three powers in the Presence pool are quite mediocre (Intimidate offers the best synergy with Invoke Panic, but Provoke offers the best set bonuses), but Unrelenting and Invoke Panic make for a fun play experience.

In the new Doc Aeon arc, it's my ranged/control Fortunata that plays the best in PUG... my instincts for "team-friendly" are that the VEAT Soldier/Bane may be a better choice because of the potential for AoE enemy debuffs, as so many players will already have personal buffs.

My opinion of Defense Enhancement set bonuses (not the Global pieces, which are awesome): Reactive Defenses is pretty much the only set defensive set bonus I chase, because of the Endurance Discount and Global Recharge effects.  I will use Shield Wall pieces as set bonuses (wherever the global +Res is slotted) only because they can be boosted to +5, but often I try to conserve slots in Defensive powers by using Global pieces backed up by (boosted) IOs or HOs. IIRC many of the 2-piece set bonuses for Defense sets is a small Regeneration bonus... I suppose this could make a difference on a Tanker or Brute but in practice I don't see this effect... because of play style, or because of Scaling Damage Resistance, who can say?

13 minutes ago, tidge said:

If I had to guess, the OP may have seen the +4x8 solo ITF that relied on a flight power to keep distance from some of the spawns.

Perhaps ironically, the linked build is my Fortunata that I play the least! I enjoy my Ranged/Control build the most. I haven't settled on an end-game team friendly build yet because I mostly solo mid-game content. I also enjoy the set bonuses from attacks, so it is hard (for me) to sacrifice a smooth attack chain to get more team-friendly powers. For a self-heal, I prefer Unrelenting... the first three powers in the Presence pool are quite mediocre (Intimidate offers the best synergy with Invoke Panic, but Provoke offers the best set bonuses), but Unrelenting and Invoke Panic make for a fun play experience.

In the new Doc Aeon arc, it's my ranged/control Fortunata that plays the best in PUG... my instincts for "team-friendly" are that the VEAT Soldier/Bane may be a better choice because of the potential for AoE enemy debuffs, as so many players will already have personal buffs.

This is the perfect seque for my ranged/control Fortunata build. Also, build for Dr. Aeon SF and just general support.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ranged: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Subdue -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(19)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 6: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 8: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(25)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(23)
Level 12: Dominate -- Apc-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(27), UnbCns-Dam%(27), GldNet-Dam%(29), NrnSht-Dam%(29)
Level 14: Hover -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(21)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(31), PstBls-Dam%(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Scramble Thoughts -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(37), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(37), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(37)
Level 28: Confuse -- Prp-Acc/Rchg(A), Prp-Acc/EndRdx(39), Prp-EndRdx/Conf(39), Prp-Conf/Rng(39), Prp-Acc/Conf/Rchg(40), Prp-Rchg/Conf(40)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dam%(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(48)
Level 35: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(43), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(45), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(45), CrcPrs-Conf%(46)
Level 41: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(43), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46), Ags-Psi/Status(50), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(50)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 8: Afterburner
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love seeing stuns in builds.

One thing I was messing with in my Fortunata builds was that I had typically been slotting:

• 6 pieces of Reactive Defenses in something like Mask Presence (enjoying Endurance reduction, and some Defense)
  • "minimal" slotting in Mind Link  (adjusted Targeting Recharge, LotG Def/+Recharge, Shield Wall Def/Recharge)

As I wrote above, I really like the Reactive Defenses set bonuses.... but Mask Presence is not particularly a power that needs many slots, so the "mess" has been to move the 6-slots of Reactive Defenses to Mind Link and then free up a precious few slots.

One of the powers that I'd like to include earlier in my ranged/control Fortunata build... and dedicate more slots to is Weaken Resolve (Force of Will pool). The Fortunata doesn't need to proc it with %damage (yes to Achille's Heel!), but it is an extra layer of enemy debuffing that I like to have available. If someone is going for an explicitly more of a team-player role, I think this is work investigating. The animation feels very much like a Fortunata's.

Thank you all for your input and advise.  This gives me a lot of information I didn't have before. I'll get back to the build grind and see what I can come up with.  And yes Tidge I was inspired initially by the video of  +4x8 solo ITF.  

• 1 month later
On 4/11/2022 at 7:47 AM, tidge said:

My opinion of Defense Enhancement set bonuses (not the Global pieces, which are awesome): Reactive Defenses is pretty much the only set defensive set bonus I chase, because of the Endurance Discount and Global Recharge effects.  I will use Shield Wall pieces as set bonuses (wherever the global +Res is slotted) only because they can be boosted to +5, but often I try to conserve slots in Defensive powers by using Global pieces backed up by (boosted) IOs or HOs. IIRC many of the 2-piece set bonuses for Defense sets is a small Regeneration bonus... I suppose this could make a difference on a Tanker or Brute but in practice I don't see this effect... because of play style, or because of Scaling Damage Resistance, who can say?

I solo'd the ITF with my Fortunata.    Settings :   54 x 8, No inspirations, no deaths, no temps.   

I even posted on the forums the guide on how to do part 2 solo, since if you can do that part, you can do the rest of the ITF. 
Part 2 is the make it or break it, the real measure if you will succeed. 

I used my build. 

I can't remember if I did share it on the forums, but I do have the requests by players on my inbox.   

I also did a 3 man team ITF, with the same difficulty settings.  I also posted the video explaining why the Fortunata is especially a formidable character vs the Cimerorans.  She's like a hot knife through butter.