Defeat enemy counter not working (one specific character, one specific enemy type)

Smokerizer

Character Blazing Inferna, on Torch server

Defeat badge looking for Talons of Vengeance has stopped counting at quantity 82 defeats. 

I have entered a mission in Dark Astoria with those enemies. As I defeat them in this mission, the counter is not increasing. 

All other defeat counters have functioned without incident. I only noticed this one as it bubbled up to the top of my "nearing completion" list. 

Obviously not urgent, but I would like to understand if it will be possible for this character to obtain this defeat badge. 

Talons of Vengeance are not Knives of Vengeance.  You're most likely facing Knives of Vengeance in that mission.  Go to the south end of First Ward or Night Ward and pick off some Talons of Vengeance there, see if your badge counter twitches.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Excellent call on the zone-hopping. 

I confirmed that both in-mission and on streets in Dark Astoria, the counter does not increment. 

However, in both First Ward and Night Ward, the counter *did* increment. So I was about to get the Chipped Talon badge. 

Interestingly, I *can* make progress on the Castigator badge on the streets of DA.....

So I'll chalk this up to "random issue", appreciate the different-zone advice.