VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

On 8/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, Eoraptor said:

Next download (save) the .zip file at the top of page 1 called More Maps for you. Once downloaded, you want to open it. windows 10 should open it just fine on its own. It whould look something like the pictures below. Along the top of that window will be a highlighted area called "EXTRACT: Compressed folder tools." click on that, and then on Extract All. a new window will open asking you where you want to extract the file. Point it to the folder you put the Vidiot Maps .exe program into when you installed it and click EXTRACT at the bottom. if it asks, then yes, you want to replace existing files.

if you did everything right, then you should be golden. the vidiot maps should have replaced the stock maps in city of heroes ( though they may be hard to read) 362587628_COHextract1.thumb.png.6e5dbca53c6ba7409eadd96be5434da7.png596351260_COHextract2.thumb.png.d8d703e5aba5297a97d0b32b71b0fcf6.png1382527378_COHextract3.png.e471db1f14c3560b412b3835022ea067.png

Thanks for the help.  Just did it as prescribed and... still nothing.  Operator error, perhaps?

On 8/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, WanderingAries said:

That is NOT where the maps should end up. Using your example, all maps should end up in the D:\Games\Tequila\data folder by telling the installer to install to D:\Games\Tequila folder and then directing the second file to extract to the D:\Games\Tequila\data folder.

It did not seem to work, Aries.  Where should it end up then?

I'm sorry for my error, Aries is correct, the MoreMaps4You zip goes in the COH folder, not the vidotmaps folder. I just put vidotmaps into the tequila foolder, and so got a bit confused.

It should end up in the Tequilla ffolder. that is, wherever you installed tequilla and city of heroes on your PC (in C:/Games/tequilla if you followed the most recommended method). If there's not already a data folder in there, it will put one there. If it asks, then over-right the data folder existing with the new files from the moremaps4you zip.

but don't feel bad if you still have problems. thew vidot maps plugin is difficult to read because they were never intended to be compressed to such small sizes. You're doing good to have gotten city of heroes installed to start with if you are as new to PCs as you say 🙂

COH extract4.png

COH extract5.png

19 hours ago, Eoraptor said:

I'm sorry for my error...

I mean, if it Had worked, then it certainly would change everything we know about the game!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It took some moving around but I managed to get things in the correct place and now every zone is displayed. Thank you Mr. Shamrock.  I do have 2 more queries; how do I change the AFK message permanently? /afk <message> only seems to work once. Every time I afk I have to type in the message I want it to display.  The second query is; how do I get the face of my main toon as my profile picture?  Thank you in advance. Perhaps our paths will cross in-game some day. Oh, one more Q; I recall a bind that would display a bubble over my toon while typing so folks would know I was typing up a response to them. How do I do that again?

On 8/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, Eoraptor said:

Next download (save) the .zip file at the top of page 1 called More Maps for you. Once downloaded, you want to open it. windows 10 should open it just fine on its own. It whould look something like the pictures below. Along the top of that window will be a highlighted area called "EXTRACT: Compressed folder tools." click on that, and then on Extract All. a new window will open asking you where you want to extract the file. Point it to the folder you put the Vidiot Maps .exe program into when you installed it and click EXTRACT at the bottom. if it asks, then yes, you want to replace existing files.

if you did everything right, then you should be golden. the vidiot maps should have replaced the stock maps in city of heroes ( though they may be hard to read) 362587628_COHextract1.thumb.png.6e5dbca53c6ba7409eadd96be5434da7.png596351260_COHextract2.thumb.png.d8d703e5aba5297a97d0b32b71b0fcf6.png1382527378_COHextract3.png.e471db1f14c3560b412b3835022ea067.png

Okay, Blondeshell hasn't been online since July, and hasn't responded to my PMs, so I might just take it upon myself to get these all bundled up together into CoH Modder so that people don't have to jump through these hoops. I really wanted to get permission first (I got permission from the old VidiotMaps team), but if she's absent, I might consider it Abandonware and just do it...

• Like 1
I'm out.

I've repackaged the two map collections together and replaced/renamed the Vidiotmaps I23 as "VidiotMaps I26", and provided proper credit. If @Blondeshell ever comes back and has an issue with it, she can let me know, and I can split the packs again and go back to the way that it used to be. But, for now, if you're using CoH Modder, it's super easy to install now with just a single button click (although I will admit the there's so much data and so many files, that it does take a minute or two to download and install!):

image.png.2ebecab263c45089c2e77f5fa2c0225b.png

I'm out.

So...I ran into this today...no big deal. 

The Just Said No to Supradine History badge. I had already gotten this badge by clicking on two plaques in steel, one in skyway, one in boomtown, and one in Faultline(plaque 3). I was in Echo:Faultline, and also saw a plaque (3) that supposedly is part of Just Said No to Supradine. 

I already had the badge, so I don't know if these two are interchangeable. Anyone else know? 

Might make an alt just to see. 

Also...I notice on the Badger site, none of the plaques in Echo:Faultline are listed for any history badges. Guess I'm wasting my time. Disregard. 

Edited by Ukase
additional note

37 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I already had the badge, so I don't know if these two are interchangeable. Anyone else know? 

Interesting observations! If you happen to test, please let me know. I will also try to remember to test it out this weekend. I can always submit amendments to the Badger site if needed.

• 2 weeks later

I just migrated over from Tequila to Sweet Tea.   

My maps load correctly when I kick off the game from Tequila...but not Sweet Tea.   Anyone have any thoughts?   I suspect I need to reinstall Vidiots into a different folder..but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

11 hours ago, DocSharpe said:

I just migrated over from Tequila to Sweet Tea.   

My maps load correctly when I kick off the game from Tequila...but not Sweet Tea.   Anyone have any thoughts?   I suspect I need to reinstall Vidiots into a different folder..but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Make sure the maps are (re)installed to the correct game folder. It's possible that the change in launcher cause a new installation folder which no longer has the /data folder that you installed the maps to.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

• 2 weeks later

I love the maps, the only problem I have is with the Bank missions - sometimes the game goes and moves my position to somewhere else on the map and everything  gets moved (like the mini-missions) relative to where I'm at. I know that one of the Atlas Park missions (I'm thinking mayhem, but I'm not sure) and Founders Falls (also probably the mayhem mission) are the two that it happens most frequently on. I'm thinking this is a game glitch - not a problem with the map itself.

Also, when Vidiot Maps first came out, the bank missions had both the spawn locations and the door locations (in the same color but a different shape - like the spawn point is a square and the door for that spawn is something like a circle or a triangle). I wish that this feature could be brought back - sometimes I get the message "Key Found" but no location comes up. Unless they changed the game (years ago) so the doors were random instead of fixed.

• 1 month later

I've downloaded and installed the programs into C:\City of Heroes\data\texture_library

It created 3 Sub folders MAPS, P_MAPS & V_MAPS.

I went into the game after installing and I still have my original maps loaded.  What am I doing wrong?

On 9/18/2020 at 12:02 AM, Mageman said:

I love the maps, the only problem I have is with the Bank missions - sometimes the game goes and moves my position to somewhere else on the map and everything  gets moved (like the mini-missions) relative to where I'm at. I know that one of the Atlas Park missions (I'm thinking mayhem, but I'm not sure) and Founders Falls (also probably the mayhem mission) are the two that it happens most frequently on. I'm thinking this is a game glitch - not a problem with the map itself.

Also, when Vidiot Maps first came out, the bank missions had both the spawn locations and the door locations (in the same color but a different shape - like the spawn point is a square and the door for that spawn is something like a circle or a triangle). I wish that this feature could be brought back - sometimes I get the message "Key Found" but no location comes up. Unless they changed the game (years ago) so the doors were random instead of fixed.

That's a known issue in general I believe (from live). I don't think it's something that's changed (yet?).

On 11/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, tjjano33 said:

I did that too and still no go.

Make sure you're aiming it at the right Launcher folder. Many people have both Tequila and the New launcher and it's easy to get confused.

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Will there be a patch to update the Siren's Call map rotation?

Kallisti Wharf is in need of an update as well (it has a single new exploration badge).

It looks like Blondeshell has not been on the forums since mid-October, so updates may be a little while. I am working on a project that will require an update of Siren's Call in a few weeks. If Blondeshell has not checked in by the time I need that update, I may make my own (as best I can, since I don't have access to the tools/method that Blondeshell uses) and I can share it here as a stopgap until (hopefully) Blondeshell has a chance to make the updates.

On 11/28/2020 at 3:39 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

Will there be a patch to update the Siren's Call map rotation?

I've made my own (crude) update, I've attached the map file.

I've rotated the map, flipped the various badges and whatnot rightside up and made the text readable again without breaking your neck.

I've run through the explorationbadges, their locations are all correct. 

Extract the file in <whatever drive/path combination to Homecoming>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static

e.g.: C:\Homecoming\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\static

map_V_PvP_03_01.8badge-i27.7z

Edited by Juggy
Removed the 4 badge map for the 8 badge version. No more.
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Juggy said:

I've made my own (crude) update, I've attached the map file.

I've rotated the map, flipped the various badges and whatnot rightside up and made the text readable again without breaking your neck.

I've run through the explorationbadges, their locations are all correct. 

Extract the file in <whatever drive/path combination to Homecoming>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static

e.g.: C:\Homecoming\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\static

Great fix @Juggy!

But when I went to check it, it appears you fixed the old Siren's Call map, with just 4 Badges.  Can you fix this one, which is the pre-i27 map but it does have all 8 Badges.

I tried Irfanview, it can't understand the .texture file format.

Edited by Jacke
Removed the links for the incorrect fix and the 8-badge pre-i27 map

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Great fix @Juggy!

But when I went to check it, it appears you fixed the old Siren's Call map, with just 4 Badges.  Can you fix this one, which is the pre-i27 map but it does have all 8 Badges.

map_V_PvP_03_01.8badge-pre-i27.zip 174.09 kB · 0 downloads

I tried Irfanview, it can't understand the .texture file format.

You're welcome!

Also.. does it show I barely ever set foot in PvP maps? 😁

Used your upload and added the additional 4 in, including the bit with their names.

I'll edit the earlier post as well while I'm at it.

map_V_PvP_03_01.8badge-i27.7z

Edited by Juggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1