VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

Thanks to Nostromo21 (and all the other participants in this thread.  I was finally able to figure out how to get all three sets of vidiotmaps onto my Mac copy of Homecoming.  Nostromo21's comment about missing files in his folder led me to the culprit (apparently when I was copying over the folders, the "replaced" folders interpreted "replace" as "remove the entire previous folder and put this one in its place," hence a lot of the maps were missing).  

I'm all set now with the pretty, pretty badge locations.  

• Like 1

The most recent updates are available at this link: Click here for updated maps

The June 2, 2021 game patch includes some changes to the Pocket D map, as well as changes to the Paladin zone event in Kings Row, so I have created new maps for both of those zones. I have also created a map for Echo Plaza, and have made some minor tweaks to the Abandoned Sewer Network map.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
remove old links, re-point to new update post
  • Thanks 7

It's my pleasure. I mostly live on Beta nowadays so I had some lead time!

So I've recently noticed that the spot for the Arachnos Agent day job in Mercy Island isn't marked on the map. Which is in the east entrance of the building south of Arbiter Richard. (You go in it for one of Fire Wire's missions.)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beef Ninja said:

So I've recently noticed that the spot for the Arachnos Agent day job in Mercy Island isn't marked on the map.

Thanks! Looks like it might be missing from St. Martial as well. I'll look into it and put them on the list for the next round of updates.

Along those lines, anyone can feel free to post here with typos or other errors on the maps, and I'll correct them. I have three on the list now with typos (Bloody Bay, Steel Canyon, and Striga Isle) and another (Nova Praetoria) with some inaccurate badge markers. I may not be able to get to them all by the next update, but I'll get to them, and would be happy to take care of any other issues other folks notice.

Thanks for the updates.

I would appreciate it if you could include the Paladin gathering spots, though, so that it's possible to check if all 3 have spawned since, if that is the case, the event will not be able to activate until at least one of them is defeated.

Not to seem ungrateful or lazy, but I'd love an auto-fly script (with stealth on) in each zone to collect all the exp badges once I go into each one first time. 😁

(yes I know this is most likely against the Homecoming terms...I'm not really that lazy! 😉

Game over man, game over!

7 minutes ago, Nostromo21 said:

Not to seem ungrateful or lazy, but I'd love an auto-fly script (with stealth on) in each zone to collect all the exp badges once I go into each one first time.

The best I can offer is this set of maps and this popmenu, both of which follow the shortest path for collecting all badges/plaques in a zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

NOTE: This post is no longer actively maintained. I have started a new thread for vidiotmaps, available at the link below:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/37216-vidiotmaps-for-homecoming/

Historic post follows:

In order to make finding current and future updates easier, I am going to consolidate all updates into this post. For future updates, I will link back to this post. Please refer to the general and zone-specific update logs, located in the spoilered sections at the bottom of this post, for more specific update information.

The current and most up-to-date version of VidiotMaps is available via the link above. This is the recommended installation method.

For those that prefer manual installation, these maps are also available via zip file on Google Drive (link removed). The zip file available at that link contains all my updated maps to date, as detailed in the zone-specific update log below. Users that do not already have VidiotMaps installed and that prefer manual installation will need to install the Issue 23 and MoreMaps4U map packs, as detailed in the first post of this thread, before installing my updated maps from the linked zip file.

Since I have begun maintaining these maps, I have removed several files from the vidiotmap package that are outdated and/or no longer necessary. All users, regardless of installation method, may wish to check for these files, and remove them if they are found.

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\city\citymap.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\P_MAPS\P_citymap.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\City\V_citymap.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\GUI\Icons\Badges\badge_count_200.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\GUI\Icons\Badges\v_badge_StatureBadge7.texture

General Update Log

Spoiler

Click the date to view the relevant post, if applicable.

14-Feb-2021 - Initial update of Siren's Call, Kallisti Wharf, and Warburg maps

22-Apr-2021 - Updated Siren's Call, Kallisti Wharf, and Warburg maps to correct in-game display issue, updated Perez Park map

04-May-2021 - Updated Abandoned Sewer Network and the Paragon City, Rogue Isles, and Praetoria overview maps

02-Jun-2021 - Updated Pocket D and Kings Row maps, added Echo Plaza map

21-Jun-2021 - Updated Abandoned Sewer Network, Kallisti Wharf, Kings Row, Mayhem Skyway, Mercy Island, St. Martial, Siren's Call, and Warburg maps

28-Jun-2021 - Updated Rikti War Zone and instanced Rikti War Zone maps

26-Nov-2021 - Updated Abandoned Sewer Network, Cimerora, and Cap Au Diable maps

01-Dec-2021 - Minor updates to Abandoned Sewer Network and Cimerora maps

Zone-Specific Update Log

Spoiler

Abandoned Sewer Network - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_trial_01_01.texture

• Per the changes listed in the May 4, 2021 patch notes, added the section leading to and including Dr. Vahzilok's lab and moved the "Living Dark" badge to Dr. Vahzilok's lab
  • Minor accuracy adjustments to several badge markers
  • Per the changes listed in the Nov 26, 2021 patch notes, added spawn markers for the elite bosses that count for the new Epidemiologist badge, and adjusted critter text for critters in the area of Dr. Vahzilok's lab.
  • Updated Epidemiologist spawn markers with correct badge art, change will likely not be noticeable

Cap au Diable - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static\map_V_City_02_01.texture

• Per the changes listed in the Nov 26, 2021 patch notes, added contact marker and notation for new strike force contact Dr. Aeon
  • General adjustment of badge, day job, and contact markers for accuracy, and minor adjustment of notation text
  • Remapped forested area in NW of zone for accuracy

Cimerora - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_city_03_04.texture

• Per the changes listed in the Nov 26, 2021 patch notes, added badge markers for new badges, and adjusted position of existing badge markers based on new map background
  • Added or adjusted critter notation, badge notation, day job notation, and contact notation
  • Adjusted shading and symbols in the Midnighter cave area
  • Adjusted position of Vision of Ambition (badge 7) due to badge relocation

Echo Plaza - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_echo_plaza.texture

• Created new map with day job locations

Kallisti Wharf - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_city_05_03.texture

• Added badge marker for the 'On the Shoulders of Giants' badge, as well as the badge notation
  • Minor accuracy adjustments to several day job markers

Kings Row - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_city_01_02.texture

• Per the changes listed in the June 2, 2021 patch notes, removed the marker for the Issue-24 Clockwork Paladin zone event, placed new markers denoting the construction locations for the pre-Issue 24 Paladin Construction zone event, and modified the text slightly to reflect these changes
  • Minor accuracy adjustments to several badge/plaque/day job markers

Mayhem Skyway - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Outdoor_Missions\map_V_Mayhem_Skyway.texture

• Shifted the entire map to the north to align it properly with in-game features, adjusted badge and key spawn markers to match and for accuracy

Mercy Island - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static\map_V_City_01_01.texture

• Added Arachnos Agent day job markers, minor accuracy adjustments to several badge/plaque/day job markers

Paragon City Overview - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\city\paragon_citymap.texture

• Re-created map to remove some image compression artifacts and to use the updated version release with Issue 27, page 1

Perez Park - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_hazard_01_01.texture

• Re-created map to remove some image compression artifacts

Pocket D - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_city_02_04.texture

• Per the changes in the June 2, 2021 patch notes, updated the background map to the new default in-game map, adjusted some badge marker locations for accuracy, changed the badge marker for the 'Thrill Seeker' badge from '3' to 'X' for consistency, minor day job text re-order

Praetoria Overview - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\P_MAPS\praetoria_citymap.texture

• Re-created map to remove some image compression artifacts, relocated legend to more suitable area

Rikti War Zone - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\static\map_War_05_01.texture

• adjusted badge/plaque/pylon/day job/GM marker locations for accuracy, changed the day job marker for the 'Monitor Duty' badge from '4' to '3', re-ordered day job text, added markers for pylons 19 and 20

Rikti War Zone (instanced) - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\missions\endgame\riktiwarzone\map_riktiwarzone.texture

• added markers for pylon locations, for Unabashed badge, and for GM defeat badge, with accompanying text as appropriate

Rogue Isles Overview - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\City\rogueisles_citymap.texture

• Re-created map to remove some image compression artifacts, added standard map legend and relocated legend to the map border area

St. Martial - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static\map_V_City_04_01.texture

• Added Arachnos Agent day job markers, minor accuracy adjustments to several badge/plaque/day job markers, remapped Giza interior and tree canopy area, standardized badge text font

Siren's Call - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static\map_V_PvP_03_01.texture

Warburg - installation location: <CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Static\map_V_PvP_04_01.texture

• Re-created map to match original 512x512 size and remapped the tunnels
  • Minor accuracy adjustments to several badge/plaque/day job markers

Future Work

Spoiler

This information is tentative at best, subject to change, and I am not committing to any time frame. It's simply a glimpse at what is likely on the horizon. If you spot errors or omissions on existing vidiotmaps, please let me know and I will add them to my list.

Next Update:

• Perez Park - recreate forest paths so that compressed background map can be replaced with better quality uncompressed version, recheck all badge/plaque markers, add Monitor Duty day job marker
  • Eden - recreate forest paths so that compressed background map can be replaced with better quality uncompressed version, recheck all badge/plaque markers

Future Updates:

I have a longer list of maps with more minor issues (typos mostly) that I plan to fix. Once the above work is done, I'll prioritize the next batch from that list.

posted link to new thread
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

General update details are available in the spoilered section below:

Spoiler

This update includes changes to the Mercy Island and St. Martial maps to add day job markers for the Arachnos Agent day job. I also updated the Mayhem Skyway map to correct several issues that were causing badge marker accuracy problems.

I took some time to revisit the other maps I've updated to do a thorough accuracy check for badge, plaque, day job, and other marker locations. As a result, in addition to the maps mentioned above, I updated the maps for Abandoned Sewer Network, Kallisti Wharf, Kings Row, Siren's Call, and Warburg. The majority of the changes were minor adjustments to the various markers. More details can be found in the zone-specific update log in the update post at this link.

• Thanks 2

General update details are available in the spoilered section below:

Spoiler

This update includes changes to the Rikti War Zone map to include a thorough accuracy check for badge, plaque, day job, and other marker locations, as well as to add markers for pylons 19 and 20. I also created a new map for the instanced Rikti War Zone map to include all pylon markers as well as the Unabashed badge and the GM defeat badge. More details can be found in the zone-specific update log in the update post at this link.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later
33 minutes ago, Blood Speaker said:

Tried installing this. Now getting error on startup:

File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Unable to locate bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Game then shuts down.

Just delete your /data folder.

All the Vidotmaps does is stick replacement files in that folder. If they doesn't work, then it sounds like it's time for a delete and reinstall.

I'm out.

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Just delete your /data folder.

All the Vidotmaps does is stick replacement files in that folder. If they doesn't work, then it sounds like it's time for a delete and reinstall.

Initially, there was no /data folder; the vidiot exe created one. Uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled twice, with the same result.

Hi! Sorry. I am not the most computer savvy here. I had to re-download version 23 VM's and it didn't effect my game. Where do I need to stick them so that it does effect my game and show up? 

Thanks in advance!

12 hours ago, Pesi said:

Hi! Sorry. I am not the most computer savvy here. I had to re-download version 23 VM's and it didn't effect my game. Where do I need to stick them so that it does effect my game and show up? 

Thanks in advance!

Manual mod installation can be tricky even for those familiar with how the folder structure works. Manual installation of vidiotmaps can be especially tricky because manual installation requires installing up to three separate mods in a specific sequence. First is the original issue 23 vidiotmaps, then the MoreMaps4U pack from Blondeshell, and finally my most recent updates.

It is for this reason that I strongly recommend using the CoH modder tool to install vidiotmaps. It has all the maps I listed above combined into one installation package called VidiotMaps I26. All that is required is to point the CoH modder tool to your CoH installation folder, then to tell it which mod you want to install (and there are many more besides vidiotmaps available there), and it will do the rest.

If you insist on manual installation, I can still try to help, but that might be a far rockier path than the one CoH modder offers.

If you have multiple CoH installations (for instance, if you have recently switched from Tequila to the HC Launcher), it is vital to make sure you are installing it to the correct CoH install folder. It's quite common, for vidiotmaps and many other mods, for folks using the new HC Launcher to accidentally install mods to their old Tequila install folder, which would result in the issue you describe.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later

Hi!

I'd like to get the moremaps4u thing working but I can't get anything to work.

I play the game through the Tequila Launcher on Windows10 Home 64Bit.  Maybe I should switch to the Homecoming Launcher?

I downloaded the More Maps for U (13.1 MB) zip file and the Original PC (32.8MB) exe file from the original post.

I can't find the Tequila installation folder for the game on my PC.  I had my PC search the C drive (the only hard drive in the comp) for 'Tequila' but the only thing that it found was the Desktop Shortcut.  I know that's probably staring me right in the face but I can't find it.  :classic_sad:

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  👍

38 minutes ago, Retroman said:

Hi!

I'd like to get the moremaps4u thing working but I can't get anything to work.

I play the game through the Tequila Launcher on Windows10 Home 64Bit.  Maybe I should switch to the Homecoming Launcher?

I downloaded the More Maps for U (13.1 MB) zip file and the Original PC (32.8MB) exe file from the original post.

I can't find the Tequila installation folder for the game on my PC.  I had my PC search the C drive (the only hard drive in the comp) for 'Tequila' but the only thing that it found was the Desktop Shortcut.  I know that's probably staring me right in the face but I can't find it.  :classic_sad:

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  👍

You aren't looking for Tequila, that's how you access the game. You want the game directory. I believe the folder Tequila makes for it is \CoH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nerio72 said:

I believe the folder Tequila makes for it is \CoH

Here are the contents of the \CoH folder:

708599374_CoHFolderContents.jpg.3c2e17c6d05285fce25e4e98a700bb93.jpg

I've looked inside each of these folders but I can't tell exactly where I need to unzip (and/or exe) the files to.  I'm very confused.

15 minutes ago, Retroman said:

Here are the contents of the \CoH folder:

708599374_CoHFolderContents.jpg.3c2e17c6d05285fce25e4e98a700bb93.jpg

I've looked inside each of these folders but I can't tell exactly where I need to unzip (and/or exe) the files to.  I'm very confused.

You need to create \data\texture_library in the CoH directory and put the files there.

• Thanks 1

Finally!  For some reason, when I extracted the files to the newly created \data\texture_library folder, it created another \data\texture_library folder inside the texture_library folder.  Once I noticed that, I copied the contents of the extra texture_library folder to the one I created, and then I deleted the folders that the mod created.

Everything is now working perfectly.  Thanks again!  😁👍

• Thumbs Up 2