VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

First off, let me tell you how much I love having these maps back.  Thank you so much for doing this! 😁 

There's a bit of a problem though . . .  :classic_unsure:

Here's the situation:

I'm trying to collect all Exploration Badges in every zone for the Reward Merits to buy Enh Boosters.  I found them all in the Sewers Network, so I decided (while I'm there) to do the Abandoned Sewers Network.

I found them all except for #7 (Living Dark).

Here's where my hero is:

1268795327_RBPOVNo7.thumb.jpg.0c94d31d5c035af984cb219aacf388d5.jpg

Please note the mini-map.  I should be looking right at it but the badge is nowhere in this room so I looked it up on HCWiki. 

According to HCWiki, (copy and pasted from the HCWiki), here's a pic of where the Badge really is:

Badge_Living_Dark.jpg.989bb24c02a1eb0996ad86dbe8761ae4.jpg

That doesn't look anything like the room that my hero is in.

According to HCWiki, here's the description of where the badge is: (again, copy and pasted from HCWiki)

"The Living Dark badge is in Dr. Vahzilok's lab in the Underworld area. It is toward the back of the room, on a raised area of metal grating.

Its coordinates are (-896, -890, -1018)."

Please note the yellow rectangle in the Chat Window of the first pic.  These are the coordinates that my hero is at.

Help!  😖

Finally, a double thank-you for drawing the blue line on the mini-map making easier to navigate down in the Sewers and Abandoned Sewers.  👍

7 hours ago, Retroman said:

Help!

You need to either 1) install CoH Modder and install vidiotmaps that way, or 2) install the map pack that I have been maintaining (details in this post). Both contain the updated Abandoned Sewer Network map. I agree with the previous few posters and strongly recommend using CoH Modder.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, vidiotmaps currently consists of maps from three sources. In order, they are the original Issue 23 VidiotMaps, the MoreMaps4U pack by Blondeshell that covers everything post-Issue 23 up through Issue 26 (roughly), and the map pack that I have been maintaining that picks up roughly at Issue 27 to present day. The version within CoH Modder contains all three map packs combined into one tidy package. Otherwise, manual installation requires installing the three map packs I mentioned, in the order I mentioned them. There's a bit more info in this post.

48 minutes ago, Retroman said:

I'm sold!  How do I uninstall Vidiotmaps (oops . . . I mean, more maps 4 U) so I can download and install CoH Modder and mm4U properly?

I'm not totally sure that you need to uninstall. I think CoH Modder will install over the map packs you have installed without issue. I think the worst case is that it'll take the maps you have and archive them, but I don't know for sure. If vidiotmaps is the only mod you currently have installed, you can just get by with deleting the 'texture_library' folder inside <CoH Install Folder>/data. If you've installed other mods in addition to vidiotmaps, then it'll be more complicated, and it might be a wash in terms of effort to just install my map pack and be done versus trying to manually uninstall the two map packs that you have installed already.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

If vidiotmaps is the only mod you currently have installed, you can just get by with deleting the 'texture_library' folder inside <CoH Install Folder>/data.

That and more maps 4 U are the only mods that I have installed.  (I'm sure that Mids Reborn doesn't count).  I deleted the 'texture_library' folder.

When I download the CoH Modder program, I see this from my Norton's AV:

Modder.jpg.e0bc80ce3423fe14d3ce27781fb069a6.jpg

Help.

Edit:  I even turned off the Secure VPN of my Norton's but got the same result.

Edited by Retroman

52 minutes ago, Retroman said:

Help.

Not sure there is much I can do for you, other than recommend that you post the issue in the CoH Modder thread and/or search that thread for similar issues.

• Thanks 1

I suspect you are getting that Norton popup because our modder does not have a pucker certificate or something like that.

Do you not get an “install anyway” option?

If you are using the link to the modder from our forums it will be safe code.

I never use Nagging Norton, plenty of free anti virus suites out there that are just as good.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, @Jacktar, for the pics of the map.  I never would have found it without you.  👍

Because:

Look what I found!

119079974_LivingDark.thumb.jpg.759831b76de0bfb53de1ba2101c1a585.jpg

As soon as I opened the iris door into the room, I knew that I had hit paydirt.

I gotta get CoH Modder on my comp somehow.  This is obviously an old vidiotmap.

Thanks again!  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later
2 hours ago, Maquinna said:

great job on updating vmaps to those that maintain it, but...

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Living_Dark_Badge is missing from the pathing line to get to it. while easy, some may skip it if they're like me, and just follow teh blue line lol

I spent some time updating the Abandoned Sewers Network map last week as part of the upcoming i27p3 content, and a good chunk of that time was spent pondering the exact meaning of that blue line and whether it should connect to each badge. My conclusion was that the blue line was intended to show the shortest path between entrances and between sections of the zone, and not necessarily be a connecting line between badges. If there is evidence to the contrary I am happy to consider it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I spent some time updating the Abandoned Sewers Network map last week as part of the upcoming i27p3 content, and a good chunk of that time was spent pondering the exact meaning of that blue line and whether it should connect to each badge. My conclusion was that the blue line was intended to show the shortest path between entrances and between sections of the zone, and not necessarily be a connecting line between badges. If there is evidence to the contrary I am happy to consider it.

I was always under the impression that the blue lines were to show the way to the Hydra Sewer Trial doorway, and the badges just happened to be at the various nodes connecting the zone branches.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, BraveDecoy said:

I was always under the impression that the blue lines were to show the way to the Hydra Sewer Trial doorway, and the badges just happened to be at the various nodes connecting the zone branches.

That certainly seems like a reasonable explanation as well (I had forgotten about the Hydra trial door). It also seemed to me that the badges being at the connection nodes along the blue line was coincidence rather than intent. The Sewer Network map similarly has a blue line with badges at the connection nodes, although there doesn't appear to be anything at the center of the network like the Hydra trial door.

• 2 weeks later

The most recent updates are available at this link: Click here for updated maps

General update details are available in the spoilered section below:

Spoiler

Per the changes listed in the Nov 26, 2021 patch notes, the following maps have been updated:

• Abandoned sewer network - Updated spawn markers and critter notation
  • Cap au Diable - Added Dr. Aeon contact marker and text, and performed general maintenance on the overall map (minor changes)
  • Cimerora - Added and adjusted badge markers, critter notation, and notation text to account for new map background

More details can be found in the zone-specific update log in the update post at this link.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The most recent updates are available at this link: Click here for updated maps

General update details are available in the spoilered section below:

Hide contents

Per the changes listed in the Nov 26, 2021 patch notes, the following maps have been updated:

• Abandoned sewer network - Updated spawn markers and critter notation
  • Cap au Diable - Added Dr. Aeon contact marker and text, and performed general maintenance on the overall map (minor changes)
  • Cimerora - Added and adjusted badge markers, critter notation, and notation text to account for new map background

More details can be found in the zone-specific update log in the update post at this link.

The zip file maps are updated too, right?

16 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

The zip file maps are updated too, right?

Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nando said:

There's a big problem with Cimerora. Map is bugged.

The problem is that you are not using the updated map. The map in your screenshots is the old Cimerora map.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Thumbs Up 1