VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

• 2 weeks later

All right....I see they have updated the PvP zones with new badges....is there a map patch on here yet?  I have no effing clue as to whether the one at the beginning of this thread is the "most current" or not.

Edited by Hivercide
Restating question

1 hour ago, Hivercide said:

All right....I see they have updated the PvP zones with new badges....is there a map patch on here yet?  I have no effing clue as to whether the one at the beginning of this thread is the "most current" or not.

It is.  The OP edited the first post with the freshest links.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Hivercide said:

8 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

It is.  The OP edited the first post with the freshest links.

Yep. You can always check the "Revision History" section of the first post to see how up-to-date the maps are.

Once again had to manually update, had to drag and drop a couple of the updated ones into the folder, but now working fine. Am running 64 bit. Man the underground ones in Warburg are a bit of a Death Wish, lol, haven't seen that much purple since last time I watched Purple Rain.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Dunno if it's been reported, but the Founder's Falls Safeguard map is horribly off. I think it might be flipped 180°.

Also, I need to amend my previous report on the Steel Canyon Mayhem badge. The whole map is shifted left.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

They've done some badge moving/adding I've read in the forum announcements.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

20 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

Dunno if it's been reported, but the Founder's Falls Safeguard map is horribly off. I think it might be flipped 180°.

Also, I need to amend my previous report on the Steel Canyon Mayhem badge. The whole map is shifted left.

There do appear to be some scaling/boundary problems that have cropped up with some of the Safeguard and Mayhem maps, but they're not due to the VidiotMap overlays. The problems still exist even when the VidiotMaps are removed.

• 2 weeks later

I was just going to inquire about Mayhem and Safeguard missions and badge locations.  I have VidiotMaps loaded but the badges don't appear.  Probably has to do with the "fog of war" or "black/unexplored" parts of the zones?  

Then I saw the post above: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:VidiotMaps

I'll use these for those specific badge missions.  That is...unless I'm missing something.  

1 hour ago, tafilr said:

I was just going to inquire about Mayhem and Safeguard missions and badge locations.  I have VidiotMaps loaded but the badges don't appear.  Probably has to do with the "fog of war" or "black/unexplored" parts of the zones?  

Then I saw the post above: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:VidiotMaps

I'll use these for those specific badge missions.  That is...unless I'm missing something.  

Those maps on the wiki should work fine for getting the badges in safeguard/mayhem missions. There is also a 'Reveal' power available reasonably cheaply at the P2W vendor that will clear the fog of war for you and let you see the whole in-game map, if you want to go that route.

So just to clarify, the badges not showing up in Mayhem/Safeguard missions is a known bug, are excluded for some other reason, or is it a PC/installation issue with VidiotMaps software?

For example, the Atlas Safeguard badge location is pretty much at your starting location so I don't miss that one.  Even though I have VidiotMaps loaded, the badge icon doesn't appear on my map even though the fog of war is cleared.  

3 minutes ago, tafilr said:

So just to clarify, the badges not showing up in Mayhem/Safeguard missions is a known bug, are excluded for some other reason, or is it a PC/installation issue with VidiotMaps software?

For example, the Atlas Safeguard badge location is pretty much at your starting location so I don't miss that one.  Even though I have VidiotMaps loaded, the badge icon doesn't appear on my map even though the fog of war is cleared.  

It's not a bug.  As already pointed out, buy the Reveal power from the P2W vendor, and use that after entering a Mayhem/Safeguard mission map.  The badge will display then.

19 hours ago, Mercurias said:

There was no data file in my game folder. The texture files are all listed under the main CoH game file, and when I attempted to extract Vidiot maps both there and deeper into the system files it just acted as if nothing was there. 

Pay special attention to this note in the original post:

If you've unzipped the files and still don't see anything different in-game, make sure you haven't inadvertently created extra subfolders, such as ..\<CoH Game folder>\data\data\texture_library or ..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\data\texture_library. If you do, simply move the contents of the extra folders into the proper original folders.

In your case, it sounds as if you've put every texture in your main game folder. The proper initial folder structure should be:

..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\..

and from there you'll get all other locations as necessary:

..\texture_library\MAPS\Safeguard\

..\texture_library\MAPS\sewers\

..\texture_library\P_MAPS\

..\texture_library\V_MAPS\Outdoor_Missions\

..\texture_library\V_MAPS\static\

There'll be a whole bunch of different folders where the texture files actually go, but they all need to start with ..\data\texture_library\

17 hours ago, tafilr said:

When you're on a Safeguard or Mayhem map, do you see the red, yellow, green, blue, and purple squares that indicate the side mission keys? If not, then the maps aren't installed properly. Make sure they're in the following folders on your computer:

..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\Safeguard\

..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Outdoor_Missions\

Those are for the Safeguard and Mayhem maps, respectively.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/22/2019 at 7:11 AM, Blondeshell said:

When you're on a Safeguard or Mayhem map, do you see the red, yellow, green, blue, and purple squares that indicate the side mission keys? If not, then the maps aren't installed properly. Make sure they're in the following folders on your computer:

..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS\Safeguard\

..\<CoH Game folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS\Outdoor_Missions\

Those are for the Safeguard and Mayhem maps, respectively.

I'm having the same issue. After downloading the More Maps bundle and unzipping it, those folders are missing entirely. I get data\texture_library, then the GUI, MAPS, and V_MAPS folders, but MAPS and V_MAPS both only contain the city and static folders. All other folder categories, like Safeguard and Outdoor_Missions, are completely missing every time I download and extract the files.

17 hours ago, Goat said:

I'm having the same issue. After downloading the More Maps bundle and unzipping it, those folders are missing entirely. I get data\texture_library, then the GUI, MAPS, and V_MAPS folders, but MAPS and V_MAPS both only contain the city and static folders. All other folder categories, like Safeguard and Outdoor_Missions, are completely missing every time I download and extract the files.

It sounds like you need to download the original maps collection, then. The Safeguards and Mayhem maps aren't included in the MoreMaps bundle because nothing had changed since the game shut down.

I don't remember if it gives you the option to ignore files that are newer during the install process, so you will likely have to re-copy the MoreMaps files after installing the original pack.