ɹǝıʇuoɹℲ ןɐuıℲ ǝɥ⊥ :4 sƃuıɥ⊥ ɹǝƃuɐɹʇS

Final trailer just dropped, and it looks like the Duffers have not wasted the last 3 years.

Season will be in two parts - first part drops May 27th, conclusion 1st July.

Spoiler
  • Soooo... they're not messing around with the horror this time. I guess they know from other shows how much they can get away with.
  • Less Stephen King vibes than Clive Barker.
  • More Eleven backstory - having to de-age Millie (very well done, btw) must be a bit of a trip.
  • Also exploring directly into the Upside Down.
  • Oncoming Storm type story thread - is the war with the Upside Down creatures, Russkies, or both?
  • EVIL BATS! EVIL BATS!
  • Do Mad Max and the rest of the crew gain powers too?
  • Not much more info than what we've had previously on the Hopper/gulag story arc.
  • And a comically classic haunted house - though the back story and the clock were set up in previous trailers.
  • Excellent use of Journey's Separate Ways, btw...
  • ...which also, sounds... final... for someone. Possibly multiple someones.

So, let the wild unfounded speculation and flaming begin!

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

young-businessman-doing-acrobatics-front

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 months later

I finished this one the other day, a great season but I had to explain that

Spoiler

the way it ended was classic 80's horror movie style. Yep, ending a horror movie with the antagonists winning the day was just how it was done back then. As far as I know Season Four was the last we'll be getting. Which is reasonable considering the youngest cast member is 16 or 17 now and Steve is 30. I believe even Dustin is 20.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I liked it but my god the episodes were too long. It really was a different experience watching them and I'm not even a marathon person. Can't imagine how it'd have been for the 'just one more episode' crowd, especially as this show was one of the poster children for that style. Saw an interview with the Duffers saying season 5 should have shorter episodes but another movie length finale. Then again they also said they didn't intend for the episodes to be so long in S4 so who knows.

˙˙˙ʍoןǝq sɹǝןıodS

Spoiler

...nah, not mean enough to do the whole thing flipped. 

• I should know better by now than to trust likeable new characters in the hands of the Duffers. Hoping Eddie makes a comeback - possibly as an Iron Maidenesque zombie/upside-down Eddie but still fully in control of himself, which would be Very Metal. (Also, Iron Maiden themselves approve of him.)
  • Do we think Max is:
    • rezzable (through the power of love/true friendship/HEAVY METAL etc?)
    • perma-dead?
    • a vessel for Vecna?
    • some or all of the above?
  • I like that Hopper's coming back but it seemed like a pretty wild side trip - unless the Kamchatka facility holds (one of) the keys to stopping the whole thing.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Spoiler

I'm not sure how I feel about a Season 5. I can pretty much guess how it ends. Maybe not the middle parts but Max will reclaim her soul, (those people's souls are being used to keep the portals stable, that's why they're still there in the Never Never posing as hellish lawn ornaments) wake up, and the massive town-spanning hellmouth will collapse without her as the final foci. Vecna doesn't need a vessel to reenter our world, he's still living. What he needed was a portal. I think I prefer the doom and gloom ending. It's at least ballsy. Plus, poor Steve is going to have grey chest hair by the time they finish.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper