Knockback to knockdown

Seigmoraig

I have heard mention that there is a thing that lets you change your knockbacks to knockdowns.

Where can I find this thing and what is it called ?

Tnanks

There is an invention set called Sudden Acceleration that has a special enhancement that, when slotted into a power with knockback, turns that knockback into knockdown. This enhancement is not unique and is of relatively reasonable cost to buy/craft. You could conceivably slot this enhancement in any/every power you have that has knockback thus turning them all into knockdown powers instead.

There is also the Overwhelming Force set from the Summer Blockbuster event. This set can also be purchased from the Merit vendor. The pieces of this set are all unique so only one of each piece can be slotted. One of these enhancements in this set turns knockback to knockdown if the power has knockback OR adds a chance to knockdown if the power does not have knockback. This set is expensive.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

I have heard mention that there is a thing that lets you change your knockbacks to knockdowns.

Where can I find this thing and what is it called ?

Tnanks

There is an invention set called Sudden Acceleration that has a special enhancement that, when slotted into a power with knockback, turns that knockback into knockdown. This enhancement is not unique and is of relatively reasonable cost to buy/craft. You could conceivably slot this enhancement in any/every power you have that has knockback thus turning them all into knockdown powers instead.

There is also the Overwhelming Force set from the Summer Blockbuster event. This set can also be purchased from the Merit vendor. The pieces of this set are all unique so only one of each piece can be slotted. One of these enhancements in this set turns knockback to knockdown if the power has knockback OR adds a chance to knockdown if the power does not have knockback. This set is expensive.

Great ! Thanks a lot for this, was exactly what I was looking for =)

I use both sets in my Fire Storm controller.

Overwhelming Force in Bonfire, because it also adds Damage. And then I slot it with 4-5 of another set usually.

Sudden Acceleration in Gale with the Force Feedback Proc for +Recharge.  It is practically spammable and you don't have to worry about it.  just throw it in the rotation to get those procs.

Sudden Acceleration in Hurricane so that it becomes a toggle Repel and -ToHit. 

Sudden Acceleration in Tornado so it doesn't toss every enemy it touches to the nines.

Sudden Acceleration in Lightning Storm for the same reason it is in Tornado.

It works great, and I don't need to worry about anything going everywhere.  I kinda want to pick up Whirlwind for the build for even more KD, but the build is so End heavy at the moment that I can't justify it.

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

Look at the first bullet point under POWERS

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3220.0.html

Thanks, but this is not the information I was looking for

Dangit!  I usually stay out of posting on the builds forums, but I really thought I knew this one.  Sorry.  :-[

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Overwhelming Force in Bonfire, because it also adds Damage. And then I slot it with 4-5 of another set usually.

Sudden Acceleration in Gale with the Force Feedback Proc for +Recharge.  It is practically spammable and you don't have to worry about it.  just throw it in the rotation to get those procs.

Sudden Acceleration in Hurricane so that it becomes a toggle Repel and -ToHit. 

Sudden Acceleration in Tornado so it doesn't toss every enemy it touches to the nines.

Sudden Acceleration in Lightning Storm for the same reason it is in Tornado.

It works great, and I don't need to worry about anything going everywhere.  I kinda want to pick up Whirlwind for the build for even more KD, but the build is so End heavy at the moment that I can't justify it.

Wait... MIDS has the sudden acceleration proc as unique... you mean it isn't?

Wait... MIDS has the sudden acceleration proc as unique... you mean it isn't?

I have one in each KB power right now, along with a Force Feedback proc....

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.

Oh boy...

Well consider the suppression on the FF proc doesn't apply any longer, so if you can chain the proc while fighting, you get that ridiculous cooldown A LOT. Paired with the fact that I am looking more for End Recovery and ACC from sets over stacking cooldown, and most of that is from 2/3 slots, I can stack it everywhere.

I played around with slotting the Overwhelming Force proc in Fire Imps.  It's not reliable, but they frequently juggle bosses with a 20% chance on each Brawl from each imp to proc knockdown.

I played around with slotting the Overwhelming Force proc in Fire Imps.  It's not reliable, but they frequently juggle bosses with a 20% chance on each Brawl from each imp to proc knockdown.

In a knockdown build, that might be worth the slot...

Thanks for the idea, actually going to try this on my character with voltaic sentinel.  Might be worth a giggle.

It's not that expensive. Summer Blockbuster is active in game; so just run that a couple times, and select it as a reward. A friend of mine has told me that the reward screen is even bugged; that it'll tell you that you can't choose Overwhelming Force more than once every 20 hours, but he says that he was able to do so in two back to back runs without issue. That is jusy hearsay, mind you. I haven't tried running it that often myself.

I can confirm you can run the summer event repeatedly and select the overwhelming force reward multiple times back-to-back. I am unsure if it is a bug or intentional, but the 20 hour notice is definitely there in writing and definitely incorrect.