My next loveable alt??

smnolimits41

I wasn't really sure where to post this.  I want to level a new alt and boy do i have alot of them.  I have only one 50+1 character that is pretty much IO'd slotted.  Her name is Tuffy Prophecy Gal.  Anyways I want nothing to do with Toggles or Shield Powers.  Which pretty much means no scrappers, tanks, brutes, sentinels.  I'm also tired of leveling blasters and defenders.  Which leaves me with controllers.  I'm thinking of making a Jedi.  I also don't want to buff a ton.  So that leaves me with Empathy or Bubbles or maybe Nature.  I was thinking of making a Plant/Empath troller.  Do Jedi's use Plants.  I also want to be able to Solo.  If you read this, and have some ideas, please post them here, and thank you.  Some other options would be Mind or Gravity.

Beast/Nature MM sounds like what you need.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Jedi don't use plants. You are likely more looking at Mind with a maybe on Ill. TA is a simple debuff set so it has nothing you don't like although Jedi aren't known for using bows. Mind/ta will be slot starved, but Ill/ta is a really good pairing. You just kind of have to get to 18 and then work on getting the recharge of PA down. Grav does work as well and more properly themed for a Jedi. My only issue is Wormhole's cast time of 3 seconds. All of them should be able to solo even if it is a bit safe but slower than other ATs. I actually have a Grav/ta at 36 who I have soloed to get some levels as need be.

Episode 1 Anakin could be a Bots/traps. 

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

You cannot resist the power of the dark side. You want a Dark/Dark controller.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

You mentioned the ability to solo. IMO the more solo-friendly sets tend to be:

• Fire
  • Gravity
  • Plant
  • Illusion
  • Dark

Not that the others can't solo. The above five will usually have an easier time of it though.

For secondaries, IMO the some of the more solo friendly sets for beginners are:

• Kinetics
  • Trick Arrow
  • Traps
  • Storm (mostly after level 35)
  • Dark

Into a second category I'd put "solo-ish" (good but requiring a specific build and understanding of mechanics to harness the solo potential):

• Nature
  • Radiation
  • Cold
  • Time
  • Electric
  • Poison

Again, not that others sets completely can't solo. Some folks also might disagree with my rankings. You mentioned the character being a Jedi. There are a lot of ways that could play out. I happen to think Traps or Trick Arrow are both pretty Star-War'sy.

You also said you wanted to avoid buffing a ton. IMO that rules Empathy out. Empathy is one of busiest click buff sets. If you're not that into buffing individual folks or pets, you could try a set like Dark or Nature.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

Thought about it a bit more, and conceptually I wonder if what you're looking for is a Gravity/Traps or Gravity/Trick Arrow Controller. Both I can picture fitting your "Jedi" concept fairly well. Gravity can solo well from early on thanks to high damage in Lift and ok damage in Propel. 

As Grav/Traps you can set a field of traps and Wormhole enemies onto them. On teams you can just toebomb the Traps on top of enemies.

As Grav/TA you have an arsenal of debuff and a semi-nuke in Oil Slick Arrow. Procc'ed out Ice Arrow and Acid Arrow give this toon surprisingly strong attack capabilities.

Aesthetically both sets feature a collection of bleeps and whirrs that sound mechanical. With TA you can even pick a bow that is kind of light saber-y.

Edited by oedipus_tex

I actually skipped Propel on my Grav/ta since I wanted Arcane Bolt to light Oil Slick. With its ability to trigger a recharge, it can put out a decent amount of damage overall.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I actually skipped Propel on my Grav/ta since I wanted Arcane Bolt to light Oil Slick. With its ability to trigger a recharge, it can put out a decent amount of damage overall.

I've done the same in the past. IMO if going the Sorcery path, it's often worth it to skip Propel for Arcane Bolt.

Arcane Bolt is a pretty decent attack for any non-Grav Controller to pick up too. Not a huge heavy hitter, but not bad, and it opens up the Sorcery pool.

15 hours ago, smnolimits41 said:

I'm thinking of making a Jedi..  I also want to be able to Solo.

So do you want to be Luke or Han? You're confusing me. 🙂

Seriously, Gravity with propel would look very star wars. Question becomes are you light or darkside? I would think /Kin or even /Emp for light side and /Elec or /Pain for something something, dark side.

I got it, C3P0 as a jedi. Just go Grav/Traps.

All sorts will work for your theme really.

Edited by Ankhammon

Mind Control/Icy Assault Dominator. Take all the Mind powers to force push, confuse and dominate foes.

Take all the Icy sword attacks colored to your preference. Color the blasts a light gray to make them look less noticable. Power Up for those truly impressive feats. 

Leadership (Maneuvers/Tactics)

Combat Jumping and then respec into Force of Will.

Hasten

Fighting

Mace and later on Judgement/Ion

Solo will become easier as you slot for recharge and then defense. Being a Mind Dom everything is your pet.