Rikti toons?

On 4/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, Ender Shadowborne said:

Which kinda defeats the purpose of the Traditionalists being a blueside-friendly group....

I would have no issues with Rikti being either side. It's a race of beings. Not all are the same - what're we, in the '60s (or any time period, I guess) or something?! I am sure the Rikti can be as diverse and varied as humans.

Edited by BurtHutt

Not really. The Rikti wiped out magic in their home dimension. All Rikti are psychic (at least in their ability to communicate with each other). Rikti use Rikti weapons, though they could use other weapons as well if they didn't find them inferior to their own technology. Rikti actively control their racial genetics. (They start out human even in their own dimension, and are Riktified. Unwanted genetic anomalies are removed, so all adult Rikti fall into the set Rikti categories.) It is in Primal Earth with the converted Lost that you see non-Rikti abilities. Specifically the Rikti Magus who was a Lost with latent magical ability. That is why the Rikti in 2 different arcs (1 red side and 1 blue side) try to erase magic from Primal Earth. They have no defense against it (until the advent of the Magus) and they disdain magic's existence because they cannot use it. (Again, only Lost with strong latent Mu bloodlines can become Magi.)

So no. Rikti are not as diverse or varied as humans. Even among the male-female line, differences are heavily attenuated. You ever see a human-like female Rikti? Because there are female Rikti, they just have no dimorphism to speak of. (Edit: They do possess sexual dimorphism to some extent, they do have males and females. Their dimorphism is just heavily attenuated.)

Rikti are all about the sameness.

Edit: Now for red side-blue side? Yeah. Traditionalists are typically portrayed as blue siders and Restructurists are portrayed as red siders. So sure, they can be on and even start on either side as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Rudra

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

Not really. The Rikti wiped out magic in their home dimension. All Rikti are psychic (at least in their ability to communicate with each other). Rikti use Rikti weapons, though they could use other weapons as well if they didn't find them inferior to their own technology. Rikti actively control their racial genetics. (They start out human even in their own dimension, and are Riktified. Unwanted genetic anomalies are removed, so all adult Rikti fall into the set Rikti categories.) It is in Primal Earth with the converted Lost that you see non-Rikti abilities. Specifically the Rikti Magus who was a Lost with latent magical ability. That is why the Rikti in 2 different arcs (1 red side and 1 blue side) try to erase magic from Primal Earth. They have no defense against it (until the advent of the Magus) and they disdain magic's existence because they cannot use it. (Again, only Lost with strong latent Mu bloodlines can become Magi.)

So no. Rikti are not as diverse or varied as humans. Even among the male-female line, differences are heavily attenuated. You ever see a human-like female Rikti? Because there are female Rikti, they just have no dimorphism to speak of. (Edit: They do possess sexual dimorphism to some extent, they do have males and females. Their dimorphism is just heavily attenuated.)

Rikti are all about the sameness.

Edit: Now for red side-blue side? Yeah. Traditionalists are typically portrayed as blue siders and Restructurists are portrayed as red siders. So sure, they can be on and even start on either side as far as I'm concerned.

*shrugs* Kinda why this is more of a "concept" more than a real "suggestion"... kinda worked in my mind, wanted to see what others thought... X_X

Maybe it could be done.  I'm not against it being done.  However, I would rather see that development time and effort focused on shoring up existing content (of which there is much) that needs some TLC, and adding new challenging mission content for high lvl players.

New AT's and powersets should be considered after attending to the other stuff.*

*As with all my posts, this is just my opinion.  I'm not trying to be dogmatic, here.

4 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

Maybe it could be done.  I'm not against it being done.  However, I would rather see that development time and effort focused on shoring up existing content (of which there is much) that needs some TLC, and adding new challenging mission content for high lvl players.

New AT's and powersets should be considered after attending to the other stuff.*

*As with all my posts, this is just my opinion.  I'm not trying to be dogmatic, here.

Another well-structured point, lots of things to take care of, and typically need to be sorted from highest-priority downward, and because my idea's more of a concept/theoretical, kinda puts its own priority pretty down low