Zone Badges. Merits?

Golden Azrael

Based on a brief count, it looks like there are 54 zones which have the full EIGHT exploration badges to grant an accolade:

28 'hero' zones (this includes Echoes of Atlas Park, Galaxy City and Faultline, plus the Sewer Network and Abandoned Sewer Network)

8 'villain' zones (this includes Monster Island)

8 Praetorian zones (3 city zones, 3 underground, plus First Ward and Night Ward)

6 co-op zones (includes Dark Astoria and Rikti War Zone plus the 'echoes' of those two zones and also The Abyss)

4 PvP zones

Getting all 8 exploration badges in a zone will give an accolade badge and FIVE reward merits.  (I know it's five because I track all merits received on my main character in a spreadsheet - unless it got changed since November, which is when my main finished his exploration badges.)

The zones that only have a single exploration badge (like Kallisti Wharf) don't award an accolade.

On a final note, whenever I make a new character, one of the first things I do is collect all the exploration badges in Atlas Park to unlock the Long Range Teleporter.  Getting a jump pack or temp fly power makes it easy to reach all the badges.

Edit:  Just confirmed by getting the badges in First Ward; it's five merits awarded with the accolade badge.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.