You're the DMG, what do you bring?

Latex

On 5/1/2022 at 12:01 PM, Seed22 said:

Blasters do not need to be glass cannons. In fact if they are, that's a build that needs severe revisiting. Mine tanked +2 Reichs and can, and(with the lack of taunting tanks it seems these days) will do it again.

I gotta make a PSA one of these days :P, blasters=weak=build is bad

I like to think of my fire/time blaster as a cast iron blaster.  Nothing sticks unless someone uses soap and water on her.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:38 PM, lemming said:

I like to think of my fire/time blaster as a cast iron blaster.  Nothing sticks unless someone uses soap and water on her.

Same with my Fire/Time! Been seeing a lot of those lately, wonder why? 🤔

Blasters are exactly like cast iron skillets, reliable, little pricey, and generally will last you for a multitude of years or your money back guaranteed!

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 4/28/2022 at 3:27 PM, Latex said:

I realize City of Heroes is about party strength, not particularly solo strength. There are classes that can not only support but make missions ten times easier than just going raw damage, a Tanker's taunts, a Defenders Buffs & Debuffs, a Dominators Domination so on and so forth.

The game has had plenty of time to mature by now and I really wonder who the Kings & Queens of DAMAGE are. That when all is provided by a team, tanking, control, buffs, debuffs which AT is there to capitol on it all and bring the biggest damage?

Of course there is caveat even to damage, Single Target and Area of Effect then you've damage where Ranged might excel more than melee.

SINGLE TARGET MELEE
From my (limited) knowledge Energy Melee/Energy Aura Stalker would bring the biggest numbers.

AOE TARGET MELEE
I'm not so sure on this, I'd have to guess Electric Melee/Shield Defense Scrapper.

SINGLE TARGET RANGED
I've even less knowledge on Ranged (part of the reason I made the thread!) Fire Blast/Rad Blaster seems like the strongest single target ranged nuker.

AOE TARGET RANGED
I've heard great things about Water Blast/?? Blaster I've not much clue what would make a good AOE focused secondary for that big damage.

What do you think would fit the scope here baring in mind you're in a well made team with the buffs and debuffs all primed for you to focus purely on damage. Feel free to share builds too, I'd love to see some ideas!

AoE is overrated in a team. Most any character has an AoE weak or otherwise and mobs are simply not built to withstand a full team unleashing AoE (most of the time backed by Build-ups and stuff). Even without Blasters launching their nukes a regular pack of mobs is reduced to half in the first seconds of combat. After that it's a matter of killing what's left and once only 3-4 enemies are left it's about ST.

Most of the time people struggle to find a body they can land a few hits before it is killed.

On 6/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, Shred Monkey said:

Nightwidow.

I need to revise this... because at the time I posted it, I was totally into my newly full-built nightwidow and the amazing ST damage he puts out.  But then, for no particular reason, I logged into my seismic/martial blaster and re-discovered the unholy mother buckets of damage he puts out without ever really being in any serious danger.  I don't think I've logged into my nightwidow since.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow