I'm the Energizer Bunny or why do I keep pointless threads going, and going

The_Warpact

6 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

You know for the only person in recent memory that "thumbs down" me consistently, you make alot of sense.

spacer.png

Its not you, its mee 😪

I did give you a purple trophy thingy yesterday

I gotta stop pushing the the little like/dislike buttons 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Being watched over by people who can't follow simple logic, refuse to admit that they're ever wrong, and who don't adhere to their own rules doesn't bother me at all.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

My favorite was when I asked them a direct easy yes/no question about whether or not something is considered in the balance/design process that would’ve quickly resolved a very contentious forum argument, and their response was to delete the non-contentious post because it was surrounded by contentious posts. Basically telling me they’d rather have the conflict.

You see me now, a veteran
Of a thousand psychic wars
I've been living on the edge so long
Where the winds of limbo roar
And I'm young enough to look at
And far too old to see
All the scars are on the inside

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

@catsi563 what am I looking at?!!... the confused emoji is in fun and respect for the boggle you have cast.

image.png.b9bc6216aed5ed2cf438ec3f310c3b53.png

is it a monster, a castle? why is the castle falling over? is it a castle made of gold?

is the unicorn shooting sparkles out it's nose and fire out of it's rear?!

It occurs to me I may be putting more thought into this than you did.. 😞

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, battlewraith said:

You see me now, a veteran
Of a thousand psychic wars
I've been living on the edge so long
Where the winds of limbo roar
And I'm young enough to look at
And far too old to see
All the scars are on the inside

Do not weep, @battlewraith, for the forums are kind.

Because @arcane threw wild hands toward the sky

And the affrighted @PeregrineFalconran on alone,

Do not weep.

The forums are kind.

Hoarse, booming players of City of Heroes,

Little newbs who thirst for inf,

These players were born to level and die.

The unexplained blimp flies above them,

Great is the forum-god, great, and his kingdom—

A field where a thousand deleted posts lie.

Do not weep, @arcane, for the forums are kind.

Because @PeregrineFalcontumbled in the discussion threads,

Raged at his breast, gulped and hospital it,

Do not weep.

The forums are kind.

Swift, blazing flag of Paragon,

Statesman with crest of red and white,

These players were born to level and die.

Point for them the virtue of altitis,

Make plain to them the excellence of Homecoming 

And a field where a thousand posts lie.

Player whose heart hung humble as a button

On the bright splendid shroud of your post,

Do not weep.

The forums are kind.

Edited by The_Warpact
  • Thumbs Up 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• Lead Game Master
4 hours ago, Troo said:

@catsi563 what am I looking at?!!... the confused emoji is in fun and respect for the boggle you have cast.

is it a monster, a castle? why is the castle falling over? is it a castle made of gold?

One of the end-of-level forts from Super Mario Bros would be my guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

23 hours ago, Troo said:

yes its a monster and a castle 

its falling over because i blew out three support struts and a retaining wall on the way out

yes its made of gold ,..... and chocolate

yes fire and sparkles 

how bold of you to presume i put thought into anything  🤪

*boops troo onna snoot*

• Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

On 4/29/2022 at 6:49 AM, The_Warpact said:

You know what? Just keep being you, thats what we love about you.

Oh... so I probably didn't need to "leak" that sex tape in a vainglorious attempt to garner fame and adulation.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

37 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Oh... so I probably didn't need to "leak" that sex tape in a vainglorious attempt to garner fame and adulation.

Is this our Pam and Tommy Lee moment?

I'm not clicking that fvcking link!!!! I was there I know what happened!

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

One overlooked aspect of these sorts of posts is how the resulting thread goes on and on and on...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Happy Monday morning all!

I can't believe this thread's still going. But what I really can't believe is that you guys were posting on the forums over the weekend.

Go outside, get some sunlight, touch some grass. At least on the weekend.

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Go outside, get some sunlight, touch some grass. At least on the weekend.

See the source image

• Haha 1

~Schmendrick

3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Go outside, get some sunlight, touch some grass.

There isn't much grass in my forest.  A lot of Japanese honeysuckle, which I'm ripping out of the ground when it pushes into the valley (but not outside of the valley, because that's hummingbird food).  If the test garden does well this year (not enough light in previous years (i really hate cutting down my trees)), I'll scale it over the next few years, using old tires to make terraced raised beds, and start digging a root cellar on the south side of the valley.  I also have a lot of wild blackberry and black raspberry pushing into the valley, but those are at least native to the area.

While I'm waiting on the test garden, I do some hiking through the forest, on and off of my land, and I always find interesting things.

IMG_20220428_140432369.thumb.jpg.5267c284b6452d841a3522cb2df4688c.jpg

This is a hummingbird moth.  Looks like a bumblebee, but no, it's a moth.  I've only seen one other, and it was a lovely green and orange.

IMG_20220426_075217658.thumb.jpg.bcd4cc6f98d53554f42c6c87e24f49dc.jpg

Pink azalea growing wild right on the western edge of my property.  Had no idea they were there until this year.  And the plethora of green around it, that's wild blueberry.  I have two huge wild blueberry bushes down in the valley, and it looks like they're finally going to produce some berries this year.  Sunlight does help.

IMG_20220425_180100576.thumb.jpg.ee910382b29fd89cc7c534f6e3e71dc6.jpg

That's a pink lady's slipper.  It's a species of orchid which grows wild out here.  I've known they were there for several years, but this is the first time I've seen them in bloom.

IMG_20220419_135455503.thumb.jpg.6e7589771ec7b2f2dbf33a02f199b927.jpg

Cardinal flower.  I have three growing right in my stream, next to one another.  They won't bloom until July, but when they do, the flowers are the most velvety, beautiful red, like Santa's coat.  This is why I say it's always Christmas in the Lumiverse.

IMG_20220419_135756881.thumb.jpg.f99d5cbb41a03423272465fe98121206.jpg

This is a species of moss.  It thrives under the dense canopy of the mixed deciduous and fir forest in which I'm living.  It's evergreen, so even in the middle of winter, there's color on the ground.

IMG_20220121_170645824.thumb.jpg.3ee7c3fd57db0134ffcba7e9691b6877.jpg

Downy rattlesnake plantain.  It's another orchid which grows wild, and it's all around my cabin.  Another evergreen plant, so even in mid-winter, it's there.  I haven't seen them bloom yet, but deer tend to omnomnom them before they do, and being close to the cabin might keep the deer away long enough for some to pop.

IMG_20220425_180454384.thumb.jpg.af2602649b4b1a3e04f9de6dbdbd2a01.jpg

Wintermint.  It's not minty, or in the mint family.  It's another evergreen which thrives in acidic soil and low sunlight conditions.  It grows everywhere out here, and late fall/early winter, puts out a central stalk with a couple of brilliant red berries.

In a couple of months, the touch-me-nots (also known as jewelweed) will be in bloom.  They grow in every inch of soil not taken by something else, so the entire valley will turn bright orange when they blossom.  Four hummingbirds take up residence in the valley every year, feasting on honeysuckle, touch-me-not and cardinal flower.

I'm not a flower person, but things like these, things I didn't even know existed until I moved out here, make every goddamn day worth waking up for.  There's so much to discover, learn about and experience in person.  @PeregrineFalcon is right, get the hell out of the house and go explore the world around you.  You never know what you'll find, and you won't realize how much it means to you until you see it.

Oh... it's tick season, and the little fuckers are hungry, so DEET yourself.  You don't want to get Lyme disease.

The Horror Club: DVD Review: Slither (2006)

Edited by Luminara
Edge sucks yak gonads!
  • Like 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.