ITF - an Extremely rare occurrence - Task Force Complete while Rommy is still alive.

Voltak

16 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

While this is interesting, I feel like it constitutes a bug report, thus, moved. Can you recall if anything else unusual happened at the time?

FWIW, I saw this on an ITF last week too, though outside of "Rommy hadn't eaten through all his fluffies but the mission registered as complete, then he ate the last fluffy and came back", I can't think of anything else irregular that happened.  It seemed the same as all the other runs I was on.  But I can affirm, at least, that it's not a one-time fluke (because that wasn't the team I was on).

• Like 1

I've seen this a few times.  It does seem to boil down to the timing of the death of the last fluff + Rommy's death.  Like, for an instant all were dead and objectives met but Rom was able to rez off the corpse which hadn't despawned.  Maybe?  Whenever it's happened I can't say I paid mega close attention to the state of the AVs, I just noticed when the objective changed and he was still around.

Happened once to me, wouldn't say its a bug... more an opporunity for some extra XP. Seems to happen when the last Fluff dies at the same time as Rommy. I wouldn't fix it, it's actually cool and should award a badge, because it would be hard to achieve :). Badge name: Zombie roman.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

While this is interesting, I feel like it constitutes a bug report, thus, moved. Can you recall if anything else unusual happened at the time?

Whoah, hold your horses. 

Already some here have a different take based on actual game play, not imagining some odd theories. 

This happens when Fluffy and Rom are about to die, close to death, and so on. 

Rommy dies just a blink before the fully dies too, technically enough time is there for fluffy to Rez Rommy. 

This is not a time to move to a bug and leave it at that... only. 

Rather, it is a time to create a badge to achieve this. 

This can be recreated by timing the dmg dealt to both AVs, and letting Rom die just a blink before Fully dies too. 

I think it's working as intended, as far as Rommy rez'ing. 

What you may want to do grant the players extra time, or, in other words, hold off the mission completion issue.  

But award the badge. 

THis is just an example of the original script never being tested against MONSTER incarnates with alternate strategies.  THey did not code for "Everybody go in and slam the fluffies on lead Blasters target and we can clean this thing in under 30 secs...." because that was impossible to do. Now we can (and do) have the ability and the poor old TF is like "nooooooo......"  

On 4/30/2022 at 8:46 AM, GM Impervium said:

I don't think the devs want to grant badges based on random, uncontrollable events.

While I can see the point if it's truly uncontrollable, I don't think that it's in principle any different from some of the mechanics in other missions, such as the timing on taking down Siege and Nightstar in the BAF trial. Before a badge was created for this, though, I think it should be handed to the Test server; the ITF completing with Romulus alive (or rezzing after TF complete) should be trackable, and being able to reproduce the situation should be the determining factor. But I agree that just creating the badge without knowing whether or not it's just a freak occurrence would not be a good idea.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:57 AM, srmalloy said:

While I can see the point if it's truly uncontrollable, I don't think that it's in principle any different from some of the mechanics in other missions, such as the timing on taking down Siege and Nightstar in the BAF trial. Before a badge was created for this, though, I think it should be handed to the Test server; the ITF completing with Romulus alive (or rezzing after TF complete) should be trackable, and being able to reproduce the situation should be the determining factor. But I agree that just creating the badge without knowing whether or not it's just a freak occurrence would not be a good idea.

Also similar to DiB where you take out the final two within seconds of each other for a badge.

/e poofgone

Back on live I am positive I had a couple ITFs with a Romy down in one defeat back on live - like 15-30 seconds.  Admittedly it was weird as he went down fast and one was an all-soldier run / pre incarnate.  Nothing else peculiar.   

Edited by starro

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Given the Nictus Cotton Balls use a version of Howling Twilight, I'd be very confident in agreeing that this is a timing thing and, oddly enough, not really a bug. I've seen the user of Howling Twilight revived by their own rez simply due to the overall timing of the power. Power is activated, power animates (fairly 'long' at that), and seems to then check for dead allies to offer a pop-up to rez with. The same thing seems to be happening with Rom and his Nictus balls. You can defeat the Nictus, but there is going to be a delay between the death, animation, and activation, which allows for 'additional' time for Rommy to be killed, with a 'dead' Nictus, and still get back up from it. I've been on speedy teams that have, 4 teh lulz, ended up killing Rom an additional time.

Ultimately, this plays out as more of a fluke timing than a bug, from what I've seen. 

5 hours ago, Bay said:

Ultimately, this plays out as more of a fluke timing than a bug, from what I've seen. 

Which could justify a badge, say, "Like Banquo's Ghost" (I passed on "What does it take to kill you? Wood stick in heart?" as too wordy) for defeating Romulus after completing the ITF.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Which could justify a badge, say, "Like Banquo's Ghost" (I passed on "What does it take to kill you? Wood stick in heart?" as too wordy) for defeating Romulus after completing the ITF.

Would probably still be easier to get than Triple Threat. Personally, 'Encore' might be the best name for something like that.