Updating the Nemesis army

• 4 weeks later
On 5/17/2022 at 12:25 AM, dtjunkie said:

Steam Witch

304674261_SteamWitch.thumb.JPG.73acececee528d6d0f5ac98035a5a06c.JPG

That's actually something the Nemesis army needs:  female characters.  That is, unless the old Prussian is completely misogynistic, and not just mentally messing with Lady Grey, which...bad guy...so...

On 5/2/2022 at 12:22 PM, Glacier Peak said:

2. Nemesis War Horse floats off the ground via its rocket legs. So technically an aerial unit.

Are they low-level hover, or truly aerial, though?  And ranged?  I genuinely don't know.  If there's something that can attack at the edge of ranged attacks from a few stories up, I'll grant you that solution.  I always thought the Nem War Horse operated at a level akin to a large draft horse, though.  Good for avoiding knockbacks, but not necessarily for high altitude.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:32 PM, Rudra said:

2) Nemesis doesn't use clockwork, he uses steam technology.

3) That said, an aerial war barge or similar carrying an assault force through IP or other water heavy zone for zone event could be interesting.

This has the basis of being an actually interesting event. I just would like to hear more about how you would differentiate it from what already exists.

Lamenting edit: And all I did was combine the Clockwork Paladin with the Ghost Ship and throw on some Sky Raider window dressing.... Sorry.

Addressing in order:

1. You're absolutely correct. I should have said steampunk, rather than clockwork.  I just had cogs on the brain, I guess.  Steampunk can incorporate clockwork, but is so much more.

2. Let me give it some thought.  I'm usually pretty good at idea-crafting.  Watch this thread.

3.  Lamenting:  I don't really see that as a problem. Let's be realistic: though we'd love to see completely new never-before-seen material, our dev crew volunteers (bless them) and it is far more practical to reconfigure components already in the game to perform in different ways.  So combining Paladin, Ghost Ship, and Sky Raiders is a practical solution.  Theoretically.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:22 AM, Omega Force said:

According to the lore bible, higher level Nemesis troops can all fly under their own power, and don't carry guns anymore.  It's a facinating read.

Now to see it in action.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:29 AM, TheZag said:

If the craft was in motion and you could stand on it and battle,  that would be something the game doesnt have.  The only in motion objects with collision dont let you stand on them,  you slide off.  That would make it possible to climb aboard and break their stuff before reaching the endpoint.

But i imagine that moving platforms dont exist after 18 years for a reason.  A giant mole machine could surface through the water and remain stationary and after smashing the outer defenses,  a door allows access to the inside for the rest of the event.  Probably should have the small mole machines in the regular invasion,  even if its just as decoration.

Hmm...you've got me mulling over things trying to think of one mobile item I don't slide off of.

Regardless, could the game be tricked?  For example, we've spots in zones that function differently depending on what part in your story is being covered.  Like Aaron Thiery being in his spot or not.  I don't recall what the name of that kind of game mechanic is, but as I understand it, two natures occupy the same space. (I first encountered the technology over in WoW when the Death Knight starting zone was introduced.) Could that be applied to a battleship or other large warcraft?  Build it so from a technical standpoint its decks function like land, but the entire "land" is being moved through the harbor, the end effect being that it appears to be a temporary, moving ship that you can land upon and fight it out.

On 5/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, biostem said:

I would love to see some rank-and-file humanoid automatons added in to their ranks, perhaps with electrical attacks or such...

Don't we have these already?  The humanoid automatons that look like civilians?  Granted, they don't show up in the Nemesis invasions.  I don't recall the nature of their attacks either, though I know some used the Nemesis guns.  Electrical attacks sound fitting.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:30 AM, Dynamo-Joe said:

Nemesis Air Soldier: 

n7uspAF.pngpW6e47v.png

That's just a really awesome concept.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Don't we have these already?  The humanoid automatons that look like civilians?  Granted, they don't show up in the Nemesis invasions.  I don't recall the nature of their attacks either, though I know some used the Nemesis guns.  Electrical attacks sound fitting.

I think they just use Nemesis guns, yeah.  I was thinking something a little more obviously mechanical - sort of like a Fake Nemesis, only smaller.

• Thumbs Up 1

How humanoid? Having humanoid automatons that use electrical attacks steps into Clockwork territory. I'm not opposed to adding such mobs to Nemesis, just saying have to differentiate between the groups somehow.

Edit: A steam-powered dynamo on the automaton's back? Some kind of arc-thrower or tuning-fork style lightning gun like they used in the old steampunk pics and stories? *shrug* I don't know.

Edited by Rudra

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

How humanoid? Having humanoid automatons that use electrical attacks steps into Clockwork territory. I'm not opposed to adding such mobs to Nemesis, just saying have to differentiate between the groups somehow.

Think of a less elaborate Fake Nemesis, who is closer in size to the regular Nemesis soldiers.  They wouldn't look like animated scrap, and still wear some of the pieces that the regular soldiers have, (so not just bare metal chassis like the Praetorian clockwork).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

perhaps a variety to their attacks?  Electrical and sonic, shooting cog throwing stars from their upturned wrists, belching stun gas (probably using the Vahz vomit animation), etc.

33 minutes ago, Techwright said:

perhaps a variety to their attacks?  Electrical and sonic, shooting cog throwing stars from their upturned wrists, belching stun gas (probably using the Vahz vomit animation), etc.

I mean, there are many options available.  I suggested electricity since it's the first thing that came to mind, but, hey, you could make pretty much anything work with a good enough explanation - dark/black water attack to represent oil, maybe use the Nemesis Staff model for titan weapon or staff attacks, for a new melee-focused automaton, etc...

Edited by biostem

12 minutes ago, biostem said:

maybe staff attacks using the Nemesis Staff model for titan weapon or staff attacks,

That's actually a good idea.  I'm not sure we have much, if anything, in the way of staff attack NPCs.  (Of course, I don't play redside much so they may all be over there)

• Thanks 1

Only staff fighting mobs I know of are in the Tsoo. And just one or two EBs I think. Not sure how well the Nemesis staff translates to staff fighting, but hey, it is a staff. So maybe the devs will surprise us with some Namesis staff fighting lieutenants. And maybe a modified Warhulk boss with a back-mounted dynamo that sprays lightning everywhere. Or minion infiltration automatons that pop claws or integrated weapon systems instead of the Nemesis steam rifles I still have no idea where they hide. 😄

Personally, I'd like to see some of the proposed costumes in this thread used. Specifically the Nemesis Air Soldier, Nemesis Golem, and Steam Witch.

• Like 1

Flying units? I've got some ideas...

Flying Nemesis Jaeger boss... The Jaegermeister!

Flying Nemesis ponies... Kriegspony!

A human-ish advanced automatons with flight and temporal powers... Zeitnehmer!

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

13 hours ago, Techwright said:

Regardless, could the game be tricked?  For example, we've spots in zones that function differently depending on what part in your story is being covered.  Like Aaron Thiery being in his spot or not.  I don't recall what the name of that kind of game mechanic is, but as I understand it, two natures occupy the same space. (I first encountered the technology over in WoW when the Death Knight starting zone was introduced.)

The technology the old Live devs said they used for Atlas Park after revamp they called "Phasing", u can see it in works when a team moves through atlas park west side and some members turn suddenly grey.. they are in a different "Phase".

• Thanks 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

39 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

The technology the old Live devs said they used for Atlas Park after revamp they called "Phasing", u can see it in works when a team moves through atlas park west side and some members turn suddenly grey.. they are in a different "Phase".

There's also a spot in the grassy area just east of the wall separating the rest of Atlas Park from the Argosy Industrial region; if you are just within sight range, you will see a spawn of three Clockwork under a tree near the wall, but if you get closer, they'll fade away -- I chased that spawn for too long before realizing that they were embedded in a 'personal phase' area that wasn't active for me at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1