Please Allow Hami Origin Enhancement Conversion

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

This is probably the reasonable answer if they want to go the route of evening out the HO market. I was in a shit mood yesterday so my original answer was 50-100.

Think D-Sync would need its own figure though or be excluded entirely. Since you’re not intended to be able to get the special combos outside of Dr. Aeon and yet the combos you can get from Hami are seeded as D-Syncs too or however you say it.

Someone said for hami-o's to be convertible that they would also become mutually exclusive with each other.  Meaning you could only ever slot 1 in a power even if they were for different stats.  If i find the post ill link it but only 1 hami-o per power plus being convertible would make the prices drop to rock bottom.

20 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Make it cost more converters, I don't care. I've got a bucket fulla HOs that aren't even worth putting on the market and I need more Micros.

Thanks.

-BZB

Folks will have excuses but this is totally do-able.

Edited by Troo
removed Lazy = "Butt"
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, arcane said:

This is probably the reasonable answer if they want to go the route of evening out the HO market. I was in a shit mood yesterday so my original answer was 50-100.

Think D-Sync would need its own figure though or be excluded entirely. Since you’re not intended to be able to get the special combos outside of Dr. Aeon and yet the combos you can get from Hami are seeded as D-Syncs too or however you say it.

I think 50 converters is a reasonable number in terms of value and probability for a level 50 HO (difference in value between a Peroxisome and a Microfilament is about 30mm right now, it would take 11 rolls on average, etc., etc.) and significantly more than that for a lvl 53.

That said, if my big fat NO vote is overridden, that might be almost enough to get me to rage quit.  And I'm gonna take the /AH with me!!!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

That said, if my big fat NO vote is overridden, that might be almost enough to get me to rage quit.  And I'm gonna take the /AH with me!!!

because it would consume convertors? is that what has you upset?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

10 minutes ago, Troo said:

Personally I’d just be grumpy about my wasted-billions. I’m proud of how my 53 Micros/Cytos/D-Syncs got there, why we gotta cheapen em now.

15 minutes ago, Troo said:

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Personally I’d just be grumpy about my wasted-billions. I’m proud of how my 53 Micros/Cytos/D-Syncs got there, why we gotta cheapen em now.

Neither.  There's a path to get Micros right now -- put in bids and wait, or bid until you get the ones that are for sale.  The only problem that converting HOs would solve is "The ones I have are too cheap and the ones I want are too expensive."  I don't see that as a legitimate problem, and I would view a solution to that non-existent problem as HC pandering to the "I want it all and I want it free and I want it now" crowd.  I don't put anyone in this thread in that category, but HC has done a lot of pandering to the lowest common denominator in the past, and I dislike it.

Also, get off my lawn, you hippie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Who run Bartertown?

15 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I would view a solution to that non-existent problem

except folks have been asking. I have plenty of earned hami's that I don't use and would like a way to make them useful. is that bad?

make em account locked if the market is a concern.

I think there is value in making Hamis more accessible. valuable to both the SO and IO crowds.

Edited by Troo

14 minutes ago, Troo said:

I think there is value in making Hamis more accessible. valuable to both the SO and IO crowds.

I have so so many alts that use hamis these days to min/max.  either because not enough slots for something or bad set bonuses.  Every single mastermind for instance to really cram in those aura pet buffs.  or a dom/troll/fort using 4/6 basilisk and 2 dmg/mez in a hold.  3 membranes in fort/forge/farsight.  3 enzymes in various -tohit toggles like radiation emission/armor etc and so on.  cytos in Invul, Enforcers, prot bots and so on.  And all of my fliers have at least 1 or 2 Micros in Evasive Maneuvers.  Hell, I even fell in love with 5/6 posi blast and 1 dmg/range hami on cone attacks

And I recently found out about Membranes in stuff like Active Defense to increase its Defense Debuff resistance

Hami prices are insane for some pieces, but dirt cheap for many.  And when you have the choice of 80+40+40 merits for hami or whatever from lrsf/mltf, would you rather a sure thing, or a chance at a 100k dmg/range?

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Sure it does, it's a new discovery by researchers at the University!

Well if they add that reasoning in to the game some where then I'll give this my stamp of approval. I don't mind high-tier items like this and I think the market supply is small because there are more consumers than suppliers due to the size of the player base. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

What if instead of using Converters it worked more like Inspirations? Right click an HO that you have 3 of and change it into 1 other HO?

I would go with a 3:1 conversion, as long as it was a random conversion within type (i.e., Hami-Os to Hami-Os, D-Syncs to D-Syncs, etc.).

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

And I'm gonna take the /AH with me!!!

hey! I'm using that!

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:15 AM, TheZag said:

Someone said for hami-o's to be convertible that they would also become mutually exclusive with each other.  Meaning you could only ever slot 1 in a power even if they were for different stats.  If i find the post ill link it but only 1 hami-o per power plus being convertible would make the prices drop to rock bottom.

This is the correct answer. I'd rather have them non-convertible than unique per power.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 5/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, TheZag said:

That would certainly be a deal-breaker. No clue why that would be the case, though.

• Like 1