Please Allow Hami Origin Enhancement Conversion

Definitely do not want mutually exclusive. 

That potential result, a relatively off the cuff comment addressing one available path to implement converting HOs.

Other options do exist.

Some more creative than others.

• Allow converting HOs to merits and vice-versa.
  • HO vendor.
  • Provide a pick reward list rather than random roll.
  • Convert HO salvage similar to Booster and Catalyst.
  • Fix convertor code to include non-mutual exclusive enhancements.
  • etc. etc. etc.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 5/8/2022 at 4:09 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

That would certainly be a deal-breaker. No clue why that would be the case, though.

Has to do with how enhancement converters work, and how IOs are considered "unique" enhancements by each power. I don't remember the specifics since this discussion was probably two and a half years ago at this point, but when this topic was brought up in a similar thread a dev stepped in and said "we could do it but then you'd only be able to slot one of each type per power."

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

26 minutes ago, macskull said:

Has to do with how enhancement converters work, and how IOs are considered "unique" enhancements by each power. I don't remember the specifics since this discussion was probably two and a half years ago at this point, but when this topic was brought up in a similar thread a dev stepped in and said "we could do it but then you'd only be able to slot one of each type per power."

Then perhaps Dr. Aeon's Enhancement Gene Splicer vending machine...put in a HO, SHO, TSO, or DSO and a different special enhancement, and poof the vending machine whirls to life, starts to clank, and pops out a new special enhancement of the user's choice (albeit with a 30% chance of failure resulting in a random special enhancement). Note: DSO conversion requires DSOs to combine.

Something along that line would be pretty unique in that it does present some risk, turns 2 enhancements to 1, and shouldn't require any kind of limiting chode implementation to how players slot their toons.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Then perhaps Dr. Aeon's Enhancement Gene Splicer vending machine...put in a HO, SHO, TSO, or DSO and a different special enhancement, and poof the vending machine whirls to life, starts to clank, and pops out a new special enhancement of the user's choice (albeit with a 30% chance of failure resulting in a random special enhancement). Note: DSO conversion requires DSOs to combine.

Something along that line would be pretty unique in that it does present some risk, turns 2 enhancements to 1, and shouldn't require any kind of limiting chode implementation to how players slot their toons.

Custom enhancements would be cool. Also I, uh, think you added an extra letter to "code" there in your last sentence.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube