Reactivate Shadow Cyst Crystals and Voids and

Back in ye olden timeys, playing as a Kheldian or inviting a Kheldian to your team would often offer the surprise of Void Hunters and Shadow Cyst Crystals appearing in your missions.  I always thought the Shadow Cyst Crystals were chaotic good fun and offered a dynamic change from the usual and expected missions.  Can these be brought back?

As these were often difficult challenges and a Void could do extra damage to a Kheldian, perhaps as an option that can be enabled/disabled by Mr. Gull.

Not be left out, though Villains often are, VEATs could be hunted by these new Hero Corps Vigilantes we've been teased with?  Also an option to be enabled and disabled by our pal Null.

I don't think all situations call for them to appear, for example I don't think Hero Corps will jump your team while they're saving the world from Praetorians or Rikti, but they definitely would while you're running LRSF.  Void Hunters would probably strike at any point though.  Have a Keld AND a VEAT on your team at the same time?  Let chaos reign!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

If crystals were an option for having on your own missions it would be great.  But not on someone elses mission unless they had crystals also turned on.  I would think that option should belong in the notoriety menu.

Crystals are nearly extinct now,  existing only in the ITF.  Give us the option to revive these once great beacons that would strike fear into the hearts of leveling teams and team wipe the arrogant or unprepared.

• Haha 1

Oh, dear... It's a suggested return to the era of "No squiddies need apply". 😝 

You remember those days, right? That not-exactly-glorious era when people would get very, very grumpy whenever a player with a PB tried to join their TF or their team? Because they knew that having that squirmy seafood special along meant having to deal with extra pain in the rear? And all in exchange for a team-mate who was.... well, typically seen as Really Not All That.

Warshades faired a little better, but those were not fun times to be playing a glow-ball.

PBs will probably never be popular picks, even after the tweaks and reworks... But getting rid of those cysts did help the situation. I didn't see nearly as many groans after they were kicked to the curb. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Void Hunters still spawn in regular missions if you are teamed with a Kheldian. I have a vague memory that the Shadow Cyst Crystals were removed from spawning in regular missions as it was determined to be a bug. I believe they still appear in Sunstorm and Shadowstar's story arcs.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Oh, dear... It's a suggested return to the era of "No squiddies need apply". 😝 

You remember those days, right? That not-exactly-glorious era when people would get very, very grumpy whenever a player with a PB tried to join their TF or their team?

All the time playing since I3, I honestly never was the target of any of that on my Khelds.

As for the OP - yeah, I'd love to have those back.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 minutes ago, Greycat said:

All the time playing since I3, I honestly never was the target of any of that on my Khelds.

As for the OP - yeah, I'd love to have those back.

The badgers on Liberty grumped about mine every time I brought them out. It turned into kind of a running joke. 😆

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Unless the team leader has the option to turn off the additions, I would have to vote no.    No reason to add a reason to discriminate against certain players, just because of what they chose to play.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, Jiro Ito said:

these new Hero Corps Vigilantes we've been teased with

wait WHAT?!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

wait WHAT?!

• Thanks 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

3 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

oh thats right.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum