Good Resistance Values For SR Tankers?

CraterLabs

23 hours ago, Hjarki said:

I understand why people think it's weird to not take the Fighting pool - it's so ingrained in their heads that it's a 'must have'. However, it just doesn't help all that much with SR due to the way scaling resists work - and it might not even help at all. I can't recall any situation where it did.

I should add this: I have logged quite a lot of Fortunata time without the Fighting Pool. Obviously the "core identity" of the ATs are different, but in practical terms for much of the game's content I'm not sweating having only 5% - 12% resistances (Toxic/E/N/S/L)... F/C/Psi are much higher. I don't do anything peculiar with the favorite Fortunata build, except that I'll use Unrelenting as often as possible (every 204 - 219 seconds). I'd like to fit the Power Transfer %Heal into the build, but the build is starved for slots as is.

45 minutes ago, tidge said:

Preventive Medicine +Absorb %proc

This is correct! 

I very often pick up spirit ward for this reason on builds that want Rune. Makes the trek to Rune a bit more palatable, as I want the PM proc somewhere anyhow in most builds. Free slot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tidge said:

AFAIK, the Preventive Medicine +Absorb %proc has the same chance to trigger even if the power it is slotted in is never clicked (or toggled on).

I don't play SR tanks, so I can't say if there is a better place for that piece/set, and I don't know how +Absorb factors into this particular discussion for SR tanks.

This plus a fly power for the winters gift unique still make socery palatable even with the nerf to ROP.

Good to see I can step away from homecoming for a year, and still see Hjarki making giant walls of text posts that show a complete lack of understanding about tanking and starting arguments based around those flawed analysis.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside 🙂

giphy.gif.bad27d898bf6ea73f5c3d6ad8ffea7ba.gif

Edited by Pizzamurai
  • Haha 2

Even I can't go there. I can see swapping out the fighting pool for rune of protection functioning quite well in most circumstances. I ain't gonna do it, of course, partly because I hate the origin pools, but mostly because I specifically put myself in situations where having that much less SL damres 2/3 of the time would fuck me.

I used to LOVE Mystic Flight with the free TP power.

Then I started using Combat Jumping with Teleport 3-slotted with Zephyr for set bonuses and I can't go back.  P2W power when I need to fly/hover.

If they ever fix it so that MF's TP can be enhanced and it really gets the free slots the combat chat says it gets while leveling up I'll try it out again.

Personally I prefer taking Tough on SR for +6% Def and a couple other set bonuses and I turn it on occasionally when fighting lots of S/L enemies.  Weave gets a few more set bonuses and gets me through Incarnate content.  And with both I can slot sets with more flexibility than having to only chase +Def set bonuses (like +Rech and some Toxic/Psi resistance).