Jump to content

Super Packs & Email Issues


Recommended Posts

Just encountered this problem today, and noted a correlation.

 

I've been working on my TA/Dark's build this week and used up the the last granted respec this morning, but a bit more prodding and poking gave me a few more improvements, so I opened my last 23 Wint-O-Green packs in hope of a respec dropping.  None did, so I collected the enhancements, posted them all on the market, and tried to claim an inspiration... and that's when it nailed me.  Kept giving me "Request pending" messages, like everyone else has reported.  I entered my base, same thing.  Logged out, logged back in and tried again, and nothing.  Gave up and bought a respec recipe, crafted, used, fiddled with enhancements until I ran out of merits, Empyreans and converters, and tried claiming converters, and still, "Request pending".  Tried claiming merits, "Request pending".

 

At this point, it's been about 40 minutes and I'm really starting to become disgruntled.  I think we all prefer me gruntled (yes, that's a word).  So I'm about to log out and switch to another character to transfer some hero merits or Empyreans, and I decide to check the market to see if any of the Lifesavers sold before I switch.  I click the "Get all" button...

 

And the last thing I tried to claim, 25 merits, pops into my salvage inventory.  It happened simultaneously with claiming inf* from the market.  And I mean simultaneously.  The instant I pressed "Get all", the merit vendor window lit up like a Christmas tree.

 

Gruntled (sounds so dirty, doesn't it), I claim another 25 merits, buy some converters and resume the immensely important task of rejiggering enhancements for my character.  Before I run back to my base for more enhancements, I figure I should grab those inspirations and get them in the market while I have the window open.  I claim six inspirations, move them to the market, and scroll down the list for the next inspiration to claim.  I click... and here we go again.  "Request pending".

 

I do my best impression of Samuel L. Jackson when this happens.  You'd love it, it's really good.

 

And then it occurs to me, if claiming that inf* from the enhancement sales kicked the claim code into gear again, maybe removing the inspirations from the market (which i had not posted for sale yet) would do the same.  So I do exactly that, pull all six of the inspirations back into my tray.

 

A scant few seconds later, the last two items I tried to claim suddenly come through.  Well, one did, the second failed because my inspiration tray was full.

 

I run back to my base immediately, park Parthenia in front of an inspiration storage unit and start claiming and dumping, and the only hitch I encountered was a "Hol-up, dawg, y'all's clickin' too fast" warning.  You know, like the market does when you try to claim 50 sales at once.

 

So, based on that quick, dirty and entirely unplanned test, placing items in the market, even if they're not being put up for sale, seems to be responsible for stalling the claim process.

 

I'm going to buy an ice cream bar now.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I logged in today for the first time in a week. I've honestly been too annoyed at this bug to even bother. It looks like a throttle was added to how quickly super packs can be opened and how fast items can be pulled from email. It seems to have helped slightly, but the issue still persists. The throttle on opening packs is annoying, but not a big deal. But the throttle on claiming items is a major issue. If that's going forward as even a partial workaround, we're going to need a means to pull multiple items from email at once (10 at a time, perhaps). Grabbing one converter from email every few seconds when I need to grab a few hundred to claim isn't going to work long-term. Clicking for 15 minutes to claim 300 converters isn't going to be fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2022 at 2:19 PM, Luminara said:

Just encountered this problem today, and noted a correlation.

 

I've been working on my TA/Dark's build this week and used up the the last granted respec this morning, but a bit more prodding and poking gave me a few more improvements, so I opened my last 23 Wint-O-Green packs in hope of a respec dropping.  None did, so I collected the enhancements, posted them all on the market, and tried to claim an inspiration... and that's when it nailed me.  Kept giving me "Request pending" messages, like everyone else has reported.  I entered my base, same thing.  Logged out, logged back in and tried again, and nothing.  Gave up and bought a respec recipe, crafted, used, fiddled with enhancements until I ran out of merits, Empyreans and converters, and tried claiming converters, and still, "Request pending".  Tried claiming merits, "Request pending".

 

At this point, it's been about 40 minutes and I'm really starting to become disgruntled.  I think we all prefer me gruntled (yes, that's a word).  So I'm about to log out and switch to another character to transfer some hero merits or Empyreans, and I decide to check the market to see if any of the Lifesavers sold before I switch.  I click the "Get all" button...

 

And the last thing I tried to claim, 25 merits, pops into my salvage inventory.  It happened simultaneously with claiming inf* from the market.  And I mean simultaneously.  The instant I pressed "Get all", the merit vendor window lit up like a Christmas tree.

 

Gruntled (sounds so dirty, doesn't it), I claim another 25 merits, buy some converters and resume the immensely important task of rejiggering enhancements for my character.  Before I run back to my base for more enhancements, I figure I should grab those inspirations and get them in the market while I have the window open.  I claim six inspirations, move them to the market, and scroll down the list for the next inspiration to claim.  I click... and here we go again.  "Request pending".

 

I do my best impression of Samuel L. Jackson when this happens.  You'd love it, it's really good.

 

And then it occurs to me, if claiming that inf* from the enhancement sales kicked the claim code into gear again, maybe removing the inspirations from the market (which i had not posted for sale yet) would do the same.  So I do exactly that, pull all six of the inspirations back into my tray.

 

A scant few seconds later, the last two items I tried to claim suddenly come through.  Well, one did, the second failed because my inspiration tray was full.

 

I run back to my base immediately, park Parthenia in front of an inspiration storage unit and start claiming and dumping, and the only hitch I encountered was a "Hol-up, dawg, y'all's clickin' too fast" warning.  You know, like the market does when you try to claim 50 sales at once.

 

So, based on that quick, dirty and entirely unplanned test, placing items in the market, even if they're not being put up for sale, seems to be responsible for stalling the claim process.

 

I'm going to buy an ice cream bar now.

 

could we get a cliff notes version or summary?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homecoming Team

Just another brief followup that we're aware that the issues on Excelsior have been worse over the weekend.

 

The bad news is we believe there may be an issue in the new instrumentation exacerbating the issue. The good news is we believe we might finally have discovered the root cause of the lag issue in the first place.

 

I don't (yet) know if we'll be doing another instrumentation update during tomorrow's scheduled restart, but if necessary we'll do additional mid-week updates on Excelsior as needed with either instrumentation bug fixes or (ideally) a fix to the actual issue.

 

For those of you who hunger for technical details, the current belief is that the issue is rooted in what are called 'queue barriers'. The SQL queue on each shard is actually processed by many parallel threads in the dbserver; operations relating to a particular entity are usually routed to the same thread to ensure ordering, but sometimes certain operations require additional synchronization (for example, multiple entities might be involved) and barriers are used to provide this synchronization.

  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the thread is showing some of what the real issue is.

 

There may be far more marketing going versus actual game playing going on than the game was built to handle.

 

I mean, we can all enjoy playing the game our own way, but if you are going go give up playing because you can't open card packs, pull card pack stuff out of email, and/or flip 100's of items quickly ... well ... when was the last time you were on a team running missions?

 

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

 

I do a good of marketing, but I run missions with teams.

I'm not seeing the issue, but I'm on during the weekend. (Ran into it once a couple of months ago).

Most of the time I don't run on Excelsior. I've only done trading over there lately. Opened card packs. No issues.

I generally run (or with) teams on other servers

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they are most probably on ignore.

Some of them even know that I have them on ignore.

But that won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it.

It's who they are. There is a group of them that have banded together to do it. They think that it is acceptable.

Ignore is a tool to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

I think the thread is showing some of what the real issue is.

 

There may be far more marketing going versus actual game playing going on than the game was built to handle.

 

I mean, we can all enjoy playing the game our own way, but if you are going go give up playing because you can't open card packs, pull card pack stuff out of email, and/or flip 100's of items quickly ... well ... when was the last time you were on a team running missions?

 

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

 

I do a good of marketing, but I run missions with teams.

I'm not seeing the issue, but I'm on during the weekend. (Ran into it once a couple of months ago).

Most of the time I don't run on Excelsior. I've only done trading over there lately. Opened card packs. No issues.

I generally run (or with) teams on other servers

 

I still don't think we know what "the real issue is". There was little problem with Email and Super Packs before May when the issues began in Excelsior. I'm not privy to the code, but I don't feel there is a coincidence here. Regardless if this is caused by more marketing or not, the issue itself should still be resolved. I'm also not sure there is more marketing going on now than what was going on in live. I think "the real problem is people using the market more" is a little too dismissive.

 

Part of my morning routine when getting ready for work is to log into CoH while eating breakfast and run my process through the market (collect influence, buy packs, open, convert some, put stuff back up). I have 22 lv 50s, none of which were power leveled, most of which I group with a couple of times a week. So the issues with the market are considerably more frustrating since they affect me daily as opposed to once or twice a week. I find that when I log in to play a mission or so, the nagging realization that the aspect I usually play every day is bugged leaves me with a "hell with it" feeling and I just log back out. Not to mention, even if I do touch the market, I can't claim items from email while just playing missions hours later. So, I really can't even enjoy the missions without that feeling that I'm avoiding part of the game because it's broken.

 

At least this didn't affect the AE. OMG, there would be torches and pitchforks if the fire farmers were affected in anyway lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems very unlikely that this is related to player actions. I'd guess a problem with hosting: shared server overwhelmed by another client's traffic, databse hitting hard limits, RAID resilvering after a drive failure, or (most likely) Windows Server eating its own head.

 

 

That's where I'd put down my nickel, anyway.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tenebrose said:

I still don't think we know what "the real issue is".

 

I don't think we do either, but I think the game was built to be able to handle all the PVE fighting and missions from the get go. Marketing was pretty obviously added in later on in development.

 

So I'm going to make a little logic course here that may or may not be the case. It's just speculation and fantasy.

Let's say I can see that a Market system is needed in my game to level-out-the-playing field because damage dealers are getting a bigger share of xp and goods than those that buff, debuff, heal and/or control enemies. I also know that the importance of a sense of connection to the game by causing players to interact with one other ... with the biggest connection being formed by defeating enemies and completing goals as a group. What if I decide to link how trade and interaction work with the market with a players participation/teaming in mission/task force/etc content? That is to say, if you interact with other players as a team to defeat enemies your bids get prioritized? It might even be set up to slow down other rewards. Subconsciously, they players that do team may sense the reward even though it isn't on an overt level. Meanwhile, those stop teaming as much think there is an issue with the game; perhaps some would try to team out of frustration and suddenly their marketing improves and, subconsciously, now they are getting the reward for teaming.

 

10 hours ago, Tenebrose said:

There was little problem with Email and Super Packs before May when the issues began in Excelsior.

 

So I logged in not long after a server restart. I think that was in May. (Time flies. I have no idea.)

I couldn't open card packs. maybe I couldn't even buy them.

I fiddled with a couple of characters. And within and hour or two, it was resolved.

I don't think I was on Excelsior at the time,and I don't know if I switched to another character while I was working to try to resolve/test the problem.

 

Since then, I think I managed to get a slow down on card pack purchases once in the last couple of weeks.  I took a couple of minutes for a card pack to drop. Once it had dropped, I immediately bought more. I can't remember if that was on Excelsior or not.

I do know that since last Thursday I bought some 20 odd card packs while on excellsior, had another 20 packs stored on the character, and opened all 40 with no issues.

 

I am not actively pulling large amounts of boosters, converters, unslotters or catalysts out of card pack emails.

 

10 hours ago, Tenebrose said:

I think "the real problem is people using the market more" is a little too dismissive.

 

It's market-based, isn't it?

How could using the market more not be putting more of a strain on the system?

I get this all the time :

" [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.

 [Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments.
[Tell] The Consignment House is too busy to process your request. Please try again in a few moments."

 

All the time when I'm "GET ALL INF"

Tonight, it's taking less than 25 seconds to resolve - at the moment. Sometimes it seems like it takes more an a minute, but I might just be excited about it. It probably takes much longer  when there are mores people marketing at a busier time of night.

 

11 hours ago, Tenebrose said:

Not to mention, even if I do touch the market, I can't claim items from email while just playing missions hours later.

 

Those packs before claimed are being stored in some was similar to the auction house they are not assigned to a character's inventory.

Everyone trying to pull items out of emails are pulling them out of that same database/pool as one would with the auction house versus the smaller data set for what is held be an individual character.

 

I'm sorry you are having this issue, but I do think it is a strain on the marketing system is caused by the extent/load on the systems handling marketing.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they are most probably on ignore.

Some of them even know that I have them on ignore.

But that won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it.

It's who they are. There is a group of them that have banded together to do it. They think that it is acceptable.

Ignore is a tool to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just opened 20 card packs back-to-back with no issues.

I am waiting for all the cards to flip before opening the next pack.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they are most probably on ignore.

Some of them even know that I have them on ignore.

But that won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it.

It's who they are. There is a group of them that have banded together to do it. They think that it is acceptable.

Ignore is a tool to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 5:49 AM, Destruktor said:

I have the same issue, although I'm trying to claim Enhancement convertors.

After getting too many failures trying to claim the inf from selling convertors, I gave up and routinely claim them one at a time, rather than hitting 'claim all' and seeing the AH puke and become unresponsive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, UltraAlt said:

I think the thread is showing some of what the real issue is.

 

There may be far more marketing going versus actual game playing going on than the game was built to handle.

 

I mean, we can all enjoy playing the game our own way, but if you are going go give up playing because you can't open card packs, pull card pack stuff out of email, and/or flip 100's of items quickly ... well ... when was the last time you were on a team running missions?

 

 

I don't have the numbers, maybe someone else does, but I highly doubt with server populations now, compared to live, that there are more people using the market, and only within the last month or so.

I play on all the servers, but mainly torch for a minimum of 2 hrs a day, and buying, opening and claiming items from super packs took about 5 min a week (another 10 min or so to convert and post items)

over the last month it seemed to get much slower, taking about 20 minutes to open and claim the items, but the last few days to a week, I had been able to buy and open packs (slowly) but haven't been able to claim anything, even after restarting my computer and taking a full day before trying to claim items

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, caveat emptor said:

I don't have the numbers, maybe someone else does, but I highly doubt with server populations now, compared to live, that there are more people using the market, and only within the last month or so.

 

I don't know how powerful the current servers are compared to "live" do you?

I don't think they can handle the player load that the "live" servers did.

 

22 minutes ago, caveat emptor said:

I play on all the servers, but mainly torch for a minimum of 2 hrs a day, and buying, opening and claiming items from super packs took about 5 min a week (another 10 min or so to convert and post items)

 

I play on all the servers, but mainly Torchbearer and Everlasting ... and, honestly hardly at all on Indomitable or Excelsior ... and I like my characters on Reunion, but it has been hard for me to find a team on their lately... but I digress....

 

I spend way more time than that marketing. I don't measure the time I use to open card packs, some some weeks it is far more than that and I'm not having the issues other people are having.

 

25 minutes ago, caveat emptor said:

over the last month it seemed to get much slower, taking about 20 minutes to open and claim the items, but the last few days to a week, I had been able to buy and open packs (slowly) but haven't been able to claim anything, even after restarting my computer and taking a full day before trying to claim items

 

I'm guessing that over the last week i have bought 30-45 H/V and 30-45 V/R (or is it R/V?) packs. Opened them all. And sorted out archetype enhances for my archetype enhance storage base and sold some of the archetype enhances that I know that it is highly unlikely I will be using in the future (I just don't enjoy some archetypes as much as others).

I had one slow down for maybe 30-45 second pulling one of the many enhances I pulled out of card pack email. I had no slow down opening card packs.

 

I should be getting hit as hard with this as anyone else if it is just about opening packs and pulling from email. I think it definitely has to do with some kind of behavior in-game that is triggering the lock-ups.

 

Meanwhile ....

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they are most probably on ignore.

Some of them even know that I have them on ignore.

But that won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it.

It's who they are. There is a group of them that have banded together to do it. They think that it is acceptable.

Ignore is a tool to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, caveat emptor said:

I don't have the numbers, maybe someone else does, but I highly doubt with server populations now, compared to live, that there are more people using the market, and only within the last month or so.

I play on all the servers, but mainly torch for a minimum of 2 hrs a day, and buying, opening and claiming items from super packs took about 5 min a week (another 10 min or so to convert and post items)

over the last month it seemed to get much slower, taking about 20 minutes to open and claim the items, but the last few days to a week, I had been able to buy and open packs (slowly) but haven't been able to claim anything, even after restarting my computer and taking a full day before trying to claim items


 

Super packs used to cost real money.  Something like $10 per pack.  They were not bought and opened anywhere near as frequently as they have been on Homecoming, and it sounds to me like it’s hitting a database wall as a result.  Population has nothing to do with it.  It’s the number of super packs bought and opened.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Apparition said:

It’s the number of super packs bought and opened.

 

If that were true, this issue would've occurred every summer, six months after winter packs sold for 10,000,000 and mass purchasers were opening them to cash in.   It would've been especially notable last summer, when the player population was peaking due to the coronavirus lockdown and mass pack purchasers were going on opening sprees to recoup their investments (which were sizeable, as it was rumored to be the last 10m winter pack sale (which it was).  But we're only now seeing this happen, so the evidence suggests that there's another cause.

 

I'll also re-iterate my previous observation, for those still having trouble: remove something from the AH when this happens.  Doesn't seem to matter what it is, doesn't even have to be something you just stored or listed, just pull something out of your AH inventory.  I've opened about 60 packs to test, and every time claim problem crops up, pulling something out of my AH inventory jogs the machine into motion again.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Luminara said:

If that were true, this issue would've occurred every summer, six months after winter packs sold for 10,000,000 and mass purchasers were opening them to cash in.   It would've been especially notable last summer, when the player population was peaking due to the coronavirus lockdown and mass pack purchasers were going on opening sprees to recoup their investments (which were sizeable, as it was rumored to be the last 10m winter pack sale (which it was).  But we're only now seeing this happen, so the evidence suggests that there's another cause.

 

I'll also re-iterate my previous observation, for those still having trouble: remove something from the AH when this happens.  Doesn't seem to matter what it is, doesn't even have to be something you just stored or listed, just pull something out of your AH inventory.  I've opened about 60 packs to test, and every time claim problem crops up, pulling something out of my AH inventory jogs the machine into motion again.

We have no idea just how many packs, opened or unopened, are in player's inventories. We also have no idea how many ALTS have contents from packs in their emails. My email on both accounts are chock full of things, *cough*Brainstorms*cough* that I'm in no hurry to open. I only have two accounts. Like it or not, email storage is being used in a way it has never been used. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I should be getting hit as hard with this as anyone else if it is just about opening packs and pulling from email. I think it definitely has to do with some kind of behavior in-game that is triggering the lock-ups.

 

Multiple times, I've logged in for the first time in 24 hours, bought one pack (no other packs), opened the pack, claimed exactly one converter, bought another pack, opened it, then attempted to claim a second convertor. It fails on the attempt with claiming the second converter.

 

Today, I bought 60+ packs. Was able to open 50 of them over the course of about 5 minutes. Claimed a few items as well. Then it locked up on opening the last few packs.

 

I do agree that it's possibly an in-game behavior. It's also quite possibly account specific, considering it's not affecting you. But I don't think it's due to the number of packs being opened, nor the number of overall items in email. People are being hit with this with very few items in email and without opening many packs (< 10). The "random" (it's never random) aspect could very well be a SPECIFIC item being granted from the packs. Perhaps a certain ATO is the cause, or one of the very rare drops (Character respect, windfall, etc.). Maybe the very rare Brainstorm Idea (80 items at once) drop is chocking something? It might be worth checking what exactly is dropping in the packs before claiming items to see if there's a pattern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2022 at 1:41 PM, Tenebrose said:

There was little problem with Email and Super Packs before May when the issues began in Excelsior

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There absolutely was a problem before May. I've run into it all the time going back two years. It's been worse since May, but it is not a new problem. And it was a big problem before May if you happened to be operating at a certain scale and speed.

 

It has all the same symptoms, same sensitivities, same peculiarities -- they just occur more easily, and more commonly. 

 

I hope they continue to look into this issue, and the possibility the queue barriers are causing this behavior seems very promising to me. And, if that turns out to be true, it may affect other parts of the game as well; even if we haven't noticed them as yet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been having a hard time staying logged in. Had to force close a few times last night. So, I look forward to seeing if patch day gives any improvement. The game itself seemed fine, but regret set in when I zoned out and thought switching toons was a good idea.

Edited by Krimson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Been having a hard time staying logged in. Had to force close a few times last night. So, I look forward to seeing if patch day gives any improvement. The game itself seemed fine, but regret set in when I zoned out and thought switching toons was a good idea.

 

meanwhile on Indom.. no issues. 🙂

  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can imagine a scenario that we may have hit a tipping point in terms of some sort of capacity.  I'm not saying that's the case, but I can imagine the scenario.

 

If I have 100 alts with 100 market slots each (and that's conservative, and there could be hundreds more people like that), that's 10,000 market slots that I may or may not be doing stuff with.  On Live, I don't remember how many total market slots an account could end up with, but it was a small fraction of 10k.  We have a markedly smaller population, but a vastly larger ability to put stress on a database (the /AH) that is made out of baling wire and cork.

 

Over 175k Winter Packs have been bought *since they last reseeded*.  250k Hero packs and 200k Rogue packs (assuming they have not been reseeded at any point).  I left Live before they came on the scene, so I don't know how many packs were bought or opened during Live.

 

Just a thought.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Who run Bartertown?

 

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Over 175k Winter Packs have been bought *since they last reseeded*.  250k Hero packs and 200k Rogue packs (assuming they have not been reseeded at any point).  I left Live before they came on the scene, so I don't know how many packs were bought or opened during Live.

 

Just a thought.

 

 

I am quite sure nowhere near as many super packs were bought on live.  That would have been over $6.2 million in super packs, in 2012 dollars.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dunno if it was mentioned at any point in this thread, but back on Live if you clicked and claimed too many items in a short amount of time from the AH it would lock up too.  I specifically remember it happening to me.

 

It's like... the game isn't about opening super packs and marketing, yet in every MMO some people play the game like it's about making money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...