She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

2 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

So, Episode 3, The People Vs Emil Blonsky:

Hide contents
  •  
  • As expected, Jen's blood is clearly a main McGuffin: one of the assailants is listed as Thunderball, which I guess confirms The Wrecking Crew. Also the fact that they're frankly rubbish villains.
  •  

You really needed a name drop to confirm 

Spoiler

the guys with the glowing crowbar and the giant wrecking ball's identities? I'm ok with them being dumb thugs but they really should be more of a threat at least. They've become a bit of a punchline in recent years but early on they could give the Avengers a tough fight.

• City Council
3 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

It's a fun show, I like it.

Something I've wondered for awhile why is Wong the Sorcerer Supreme?

I think it was mentioned in one of the movies (the latest Spider-Man?) that Wong "got it on a technicality" because Strange was blipped out for 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Number Six said:

I think it was mentioned in one of the movies (the latest Spider-Man?) that Wong "got it on a technicality" because Strange was blipped out for 5 years.

Someone had to defend the Universe while Dr. Strange was blipped.

That someone is Wong.

What, me worry?

So far the show is growing on me and I hate shows where the characters look at or speak to the camera. I really enjoyed the way EP 3 ripped on the media. It was made-up but also very accurate at the same time.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

It was made-up but also very accurate at the same time.

They knew it was coming and they were ready, even down to casting an actor to do YouTube comments.

Who - glasses aside - appears to be the living incarnation of the Soyjak meme.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

35 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

They knew it was coming and they were ready, even down to casting an actor to do YouTube comments.

Who - glasses aside - appears to be the living incarnation of the Soyjak meme.

I had to look that meme up and I'm both proud of myself and ashamed at the same time.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

14 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

I had to look that meme up and I'm both proud of myself and ashamed at the same time.

I can have that effect on people, but usually they buy me a drink first.

• Haha 1

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:56 AM, Number Six said:

Yes, it was in Spider-Man: No Way Home and that was the rationale. I'm cool with that; I'm a big fan of Benedict Wong the actor and Wong the character.

So, episode 4:

Spoiler
  • Thought Matt Berry had hit the gym and had a glow-up for about 30 seconds.
  • Not a fan of Madisynn, but maybe that's due to one too many painful nights out when young.
  • Also all-too-familiar with terrible dates, and people wanting one specific side of you, but not the rest of you.
  • Wong chilling with the Sopranos is a nice conceit and points out it's a pretty lonely gig.
  • Distinctly lacklustre / filler episode...
  • ...or was it? Have we confirmed Jeffphisto?

On 9/3/2022 at 4:26 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Yeah.  Byrne's run is LEGENDARY.

My absolute favorite is the issue where a Photographer Snaps a photo of her, from a Helicopter, sunbathing Nude on the patio of her Penthouse. She spends the whole comic trying to keep the Photos from being published, in vain. But when they come out in print it turns out that someone in the publishing process thought it was a camera malfunction that caused her to be green, so they had the prints color corrected before publication. The photos didn't even look like her anymore. 

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Spoilers from this week:

Spoiler
  • Inconvenient wedding bottle episode! Most of which seems to be Jen hitting the bottle. And then Titania. Neither of which are civilised. (Fun, but in no sense civilised).
  • Never, ever get veneers, kids. They're really not good for you - my boss had them and had an unfortunate steak-related accident. Brush twice a day.
  • Introducing Mallory Book properly. She's more an antagonist in the books, but here seems professional, helpful, damn funny...
  • ...and something is off in Renée's performance. I have a feeling there's something she's hiding. Possibly to do with her kid.
  • Ah, it's variant Edna Mode, and some very fabulous suits. 
  • No tailgag. I am disappoint.
  • Who is HulkKing and why do I get the feeling it's her creepy tech bro date? Was he getting Mallory to act out of character?
  • I'm all for mocking incels, but having them as the actual villain group is maybe a step too meta.

2 hours ago, Mike Morbid said:

Does anyone else think the mystery villain is the Leader?

I think we're being set up to think that. My Rug-Pull sense is tingling. But I may be wrong.

Also, my notes on this week's episode:

Spoiler
  • F*ck Josh. Seriously, f*ck that guy. 

• Like 1

I hope Jen finds out and is understandably furious. She attacked that one guy on sight (he had it coming), so what does Josh have coming? To those who might say, 'Well, he only stole her blood,' recall he also tricked her into bed and took pictures of her naked and sleeping (never mind that you couldn't see her bits). I won't use the R word, but this is all kinds of wrong. Sanitized for a comic book show, but every time I dwell on it now, it gets me steamed all over again.

• Thumbs Up 1