She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

Something I noticed:

Spoiler

The Wrecker seems to feel regretful about attacking Jen, and apologized for it, but he didn't tell her that he was hired by somebody to get a sample of her blood. That detail is kinda important, Wrecker me lad.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

I think you may be correct in that. (Even though Saracen keeps referencing it.)

That said, he's not the brightest bunny in the box, but he did help cover someone's tracks in more ways than one?

Thoughts:

• Masterly comic performance from Tim Roth that brings to mind the great Eric Idle (especially the chickens)
  • Stack of fun moments balanced with some genuine emosh stuff, with the bubble pierced again by comedy.
  • Another "slow" episode that changes what a cape series is/is supposed to do, but annoys the Charlie fans.

One other potential spoiler

Spoiler

He didn't just take her blood, he copied her phone. That is also important - Jen spends her life attached to that thing, so there could be an awful lot of stuff some Very Bad Internet People could use.

• Like 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:33 PM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

One other potential spoiler

Hide contents

He didn't just take her blood, he copied her phone. That is also important - Jen spends her life attached to that thing, so there could be an awful lot of stuff some Very Bad Internet People could use.

He hacks her dating app, and sets her up on dates with Stilt Man and Big Wheel!

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

On 10/5/2022 at 1:47 PM, El D said:

Looks like we're finally getting a comic-accurate, agile Daredevil. Good thing too, because that's the power scale he needs in order to keep pace in the MCU proper.

I was surprised they went with the classic yellow and red costume. Bold choice, though the muted colors make it less eye catching.

Just now, Ulysses Dare said:

I was surprised they went with the classic yellow and red costume. Bold choice, though the muted colors make it less eye catching.

I was too, but they made it work! Making it a darker and going with metallic gold/deep crimson really helped it translate to live action and visually bridge the gap between the Netflix series (dark and gritty) and the MCU (brighter, but still serious). The rich, saturated pure yellow works for the comics but not even Charlie Cox, glorious as the man is, could have saved that color scheme in live action. ;>.>

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

If I stan Jen & Matt as a thing…

…does that make it a court-ship?

[tumbleweed.gif]

…*cough* anyhoo…

• Fun episode right up until the point where it should have ended (“…do I get fridged?”… ouch, gurrrl.)
  • All heroes’ journeys have to include The Breaking Point, and here we are.
  • My man Matt got some. And Jen got some…one who genuinely liked Jen for being Jen, however temporarily. I like that even in Jen-mode she’s confident bordering on feral now when she wants to be. Not that Intelligentsia would appreciate that in a woman, if they met any.
  • Distinct Kick-Ass vibes to our villain moron-of-the-week. Clearly being rich isn’t always a superpower without the genius and/or dark brooding trauma to go with it.
  • Betting hideous slimy Elon Muskrat is Hulk-King.
  • Damage Control were on the scene suspiciously fast. Did Jen get SWATted as well as set up?
Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Haha 1

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

19 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

The intro to ep 9 was worth the price of admission. 

No kidding. As to the rest:

Spoiler
  • Elon Muskrat was big villain. No surprises there.
  • I hope Pug gets more to do in Season 2. Great fun solo sequence.
  • Ah, it's that old trope - hero has to fight alternate/evil/douchebro version of themselves, which our heroine is fully aware sucks...
  • And there we go, what we've been actually waiting for: the bit where Shulkie breaks out of the frame completely and goes rogue.
    (Picking an episode of Assembled to skip backstage was a nice touch.)
  • It takes a special breed of ballsy to go after your studio head, right down to the speech patterns and perma-glued baseball cap.
  • Lampshade the doppleganger trope, rewrite the ending and wrap it up... in the most CGI budget-friendly way possible.
    (Though mayyyybe making jokes about how hard their CGI crews get worked is a little out of touch these days).
  • "I don't decide if it's good or bad. We leave that up to the Internet." 😁
  • Shout-out to the X-Men fans.
  • A Big Green Reveal: Skaar is here to visit the in-laws. That opens up a whole new realm of Hulk Family Fun.
  • Do we think World War Hulk will happen at some point?
  • Stick around for the tailgag: "Did you get drawn into another series?" - is Blonsky talking about Sopranos, or the constant stream of Wong cameos?

There might not have been quite enough smashing (Matt Murdock aside), and the final ending felt a tiny bit flat.

But all in all, Shulkie has been done right by.

EDIT: one final thought:

Spoiler

Tatiana got moves, y'all.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

45 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Is the audience supposed to know what happened to Hulk in this episode??

Hide contents

He disappears, with no explanation then reappears in the last episode with a son. Was there a time-skip or alternate dimension thing going on? 

Spoiler

No.  Jen basically dodges the episode through the 4th wall.  Gets it rewritten, and the remainder of the episode is simply deus ex machina

ACTUAL DEM, ignore CinemaSins.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I liked this show fine up until the last episode, was making fun of all the haters, so I'm kinda surprised at how much the last episode disappointed me. As in, I hated it. I mean, come on. Why not have

Spoiler

Bobby Ewing

step out of a shower? Heh. Seriously, though, just not a fan of the 4th wall thing. It pulls me out of the story. I like stories that pull me in, ya know? Immerrrrrsion, and all that. I know 4th wall breaks were a thing back in the Byrne run of the comic, but I didn't like it there, either. Oh, well.

I hope I did the spoiler thing right.

Edited by Tachstar
eidted for speling
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was pretty funny.

Spoiler

We were all thinking the planned finale was getting ridiculous. My only real disappointment is that Wong didn't show up with Madisynn.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I was actually enjoying things until Jen rampaged on K.E.V.I.N. The rewrite just seemed to sweep plot points under the rug. The ending just killed everything for me.

Did like seeing Skaar. Would watch a Planet Hulk movie.

I think the Matt-Jen thing was just thrown together without much thought.

Very late to the party as I was budgeting the internet video channels until Andor was released.  I'm caught up now, but won't go into one of my legendary monologues since I'm so late. 

I'll simply say

• Loved Episode 8  and thrilled to see the guest star.
  • Not quite as much episode 9, but it was so campy trippy that I willingly rank it the second best episode.
  • Was really hoping for more of a threat from the Wrecking Crew.  I realize they're usually portrayed as buffoonish, muscle-brained thugs, but these guys felt like trick-or-treaters swinging glow-sticks.
  • Didn't see a comment, but did anyone else pick up on how much Leapfrog and his whole setup resembled the 1966 Batman series villains, their teams, and their lairs?  I watched a lot of reactors on YouTube and none of them appeared to comment on it.  Great fun.
  • Luke Jacobson is no Edna Mode.
  • I've always thought DD and Electra should be the couple onscreen, but this is the MCU, a similar but different universe, and I'm now rooting for the DD/SH teamup as a lasting thing.  Sadly the West Coast/East Coast existence practically spells failure in the relationship. 
  • A very different personality to Blonsky but I'm liking it, probably because I love just about everything Tim Roth does.  I'm hoping YouTube speculators are correct and that we'll see him teaming up with the Thunderbolts when that day comes.
  • It's high time they stopped dropping Wong into this movie or that series and gave him his own staring role.

Okay, that was a baby monologue, I'll admit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later
2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Finished it.  Overall it was fun and great.  But the ending did not work for me.  The 4th wall part was good - but then just ending it afterwards felt flat.  She should have set up a conclusion and then had us see it.

But then they couldn't sell you on a NEXT SEASON.

These kinds of cliffhangers have been par for the course from modern American Television for about 3 decades now.

Doing the "wrap it up in a nice package" is the kind of stuff old-school TV and Doctor Who had.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!