Mind Control buffs

Mind Control doesn't really need much tweaking if any but I get the want to freshen it up and make it a bit more newcomer friendly.  The most drastic thing I'd do would be to come up with a creative idea for TK.  

Here's what I'd do and agree with most: 

t1: Mesmerize - High damage I can get on board with

t2: Dominate - Holds should be t2

t3: Confuse - How OP would it be to have this at lvl 2 as opposed to lvl 6 currently?  Confuse is the signature of Mind Control and so I see no reason why this ST control couldn't be selected here in place of where most other control gets a nice aoe immob that feeds damage.  

t4: Levitate - Fine at this point but if you want to raise the damage a little no problems there.  

t5: Mass Hypnosis - Fine as is

t6: TK - Get creative but I don't necessarily want to see a direct port over from the new grav mechanic.

t7: Total Domination - Fine as is

t8: Terrify - Fine as is

t9: Mass Confusion - Fine as is

And yeah I'd alter some things for Controllers to make it a bit better for Containment and the limited damaging powers in Mind, but they also do have support sets they can also focus on.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

TK - Get creative but I don't necessarily want to see a direct port over from the new grav mechanic.

I wonder if it could simply be a toggle-hold power that raises the enemy into the air and deals continuous DoT.  Maybe have the end cost escalate over time, so a bunch of mind control folks couldn't just mass-TK an AV forever...

28 minutes ago, biostem said:

I wonder if it could simply be a toggle-hold power that raises the enemy into the air and deals continuous DoT.  Maybe have the end cost escalate over time, so a bunch of mind control folks couldn't just mass-TK an AV forever...

I think I mentioned it some time back, but making Telekinesis have a pull/push/pause toggle option would be neat! Give it some flexibility by letting it keep enemies in place or easily move them around - upping the target cap would be nice too.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, biostem said:

I would say this is true for *some* of the AoE holds, but defintiely not every power in every set...

I would agree that it needs to be targeted. There are some powers outside of the Control; & Support sets that may need to be looked at as well, but the length of some of the timers in those two types of sets seem to be out of line with the rest of the game.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Small tweaks to make MC decent:

Add a short duration immobilize to Terrify

Reduce CD on Mass Confusion, maybe 120-140s?

Slightly relieve the AoE CC accuracy penalty

I really want to see them rework Telekinesis to be an ammo style (like burst of speed) skill with 3 charges that does a no damage ranged AoE Mass Levitate, to kind of draw from the KD CC of Earthquake/Ice Slick. It also helps MC's weakness of being useless against ITF (their AOE clear mind does not affect knocks) and also not being completely reliant on Domination - in a way equalizing the power balance with Controllers.

All in all though, MC does need help, maybe a lot of it. It lacks any secondary or unique effects, is filled with long cool down skills, the AoE CC skills are slammed with  long CD & accuracy penalties (except Mass Hypnosis thanks to the buff). It's opening CCs are lackluster against every other control set besides maybe Ice (Terrify & Mass Hypnosis vs. Stalagmites, Ice Slick, Earthquake, Heart of Darkness, Fearsome Stare and its -toHit debuff, Flashfire, Seeds of Confusion, Wormhole)

Mind control becomes *decent* with Perma Dom. It's honestly not that overpowered even with Domination active, and that's taking in the fact that almost every skill from MC benefits from Domination. In the hands of a Controller, it is an anemic power set. I say this too as my two mains are a Mind/Fire Dominator and a Mind/Dark Controller, along with having fully built Mind/Enrg, Mind/Dark Assault, Mind/Psi, Mind/Martial Perma Doms. I sometimes hop on to my Plant/Ice Dominator, Plant/Enrg or Earth/Dark Controller and the power level difference is almost worlds apart.

Edited by DZKFire

9 hours ago, Zepp said:

I would agree that it needs to be targeted. There are some powers outside of the Control; & Support sets that may need to be looked at as well, but the length of some of the timers in those two types of sets seem to be out of line with the rest of the game.

I sincerely don’t understand this post. Are you implying there aren’t extremely good reasons for powers like Phantom Army, Carrion Creepers, Heat Loss, Overgrowth, Benumb, Farsight to have far longer recharges than literally anything in a blast or melee set? I can only think of a couple of cases where I could possibly get on board with what your posts seem to be implying. Liquefy,  maybe AoE holds… dunno what else off the top of my head. To the extent your second post is technically true, that truth seems very well justified by design…

Edited by arcane

8 hours ago, arcane said:

I sincerely don’t understand this post. Are you implying there aren’t extremely good reasons for powers like Phantom Army, Carrion Creepers, Heat Loss, Overgrowth, Benumb, Farsight to have far longer recharges than literally anything in a blast or melee set? I can only think of a couple of cases where I could possibly get on board with what your posts seem to be implying. Liquefy,  maybe AoE holds… dunno what else off the top of my head. To the extent your second post is technically true, that truth seems very well justified by design…

AoE controls in general (not all of them) need shorter timers. Farsight is fine, but there are many buff/debuff powers with 4x+ cooldown/duration ratios. Liquefy may be the worst at a 10x ratio. The fact that you basically need Hasten to make Chrono Shift perma is kinda insane...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't that why Hasten is considered a must have by so many players is because it is needed to make most powers perma?

Edited by Rudra
Added the missing "s" in "players".

On 5/20/2022 at 5:44 PM, biostem said:

Its not really mass.  the current ingame version only hits 5 targets.  Also unsure of its mag or if it stacks with itself since I personally never took said power.

but I do like the idea of it possibly doing damage.

16 hours ago, Zepp said:

AoE controls in general (not all of them) need shorter timers. Farsight is fine, but there are many buff/debuff powers with 4x+ cooldown/duration ratios. Liquefy may be the worst at a 10x ratio. The fact that you basically need Hasten to make Chrono Shift perma is kinda insane...

AoE holds and mayyybe Mass Confusion are the only ones that should be considered for slight recharge reductions so definitely hard disagree there. AoE stuns? Knockdown patches? No and no. Seeds of Confusion really needs its recharge increased. 

The fact that you can make powers like Chrono Shift or Heat Loss perma at all is kinda insane…

Clearly you’re in the camp headed by Luminara that massively undervalues support sets because the majority of those would be ridiculously overpowered with the slightest additional buff at this point. In terms of powerset potency, Cold Domination, Time Manipulation, Kinetics, Radiation Emission, Trick Arrow, Nature Affinity, and Storm Summoning at the least are already in “can receive zero additional buffs without being completely broken” territory.

Seriously are you actually having trouble on these sets or are you just hungry for the next stage of power creep?

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Its not really mass.  the current ingame version only hits 5 targets.  Also unsure of its mag or if it stacks with itself since I personally never took said power.

but I do like the idea of it possibly doing damage.

I meant "mass" as in like 2 or more controllers/dominators just toggling this hypothetical power on against an AV or something, to keep it locked down forever...