Possible to flip the salvage market?

This isn't a market post, but Im not getting yellow salvage unless I wait.  Went from a 5k bid to 50k bid and nothing, 100k it bought 1 but too expensive to keep buying.

Is someone is flipping the salvage? I thought that was impossible, the supply is just over 10m and barely moving.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

You may have internet lag?   I get instant purchase at 5k on yellow salvage.  About a year ago once in a great while have to pay 10-15k.   Not at comp now so cannot check in game.  Also salvage is seeded so there is a cap.  Unsure what it is on yellow

last tip.  Say something in general about needing yellow salvage on market.  Current peeps are pretty responsive 

The yellow salvage market is vulnerable.  Far many more people looking to accumulate it for either hoarding or crafting purposes than people looking to supply it, especially to supply it at other-than-sell-it-nao prices.

I ran an analysis a long time ago, and at some point it becomes profitable to run AE missions for tickets, swap them for yellow salvage, and sell them.  But I recall that breakeven being somewhere around 75k

Who run Bartertown?

I bid 1,500 inf for yellow salvage and always get it within 24 hours.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

This isn't a market post, but Im not getting yellow salvage unless I wait.

Then wait.

16 minutes ago, Uun said:

I bid 1,500 inf for yellow salvage and always get it within 24 hours.

This.  Except my specific number is 1400.  Why?  I dunno.  I just picked a number.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

This isn't a market post, but Im not getting yellow salvage unless I wait.  Went from a 5k bid to 50k bid and nothing, 100k it bought 1 but too expensive to keep buying.

Do you have the same salvage listed for sale on another character?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

The yellow salvage market is vulnerable.  Far many more people looking to accumulate it for either hoarding or crafting purposes than people looking to supply it

My task is clear (throws back cape, flies off, begins street sweep)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

5 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Is someone is flipping the salvage? 

Yep, me.

Everytime I start a new Character I generally have them passive for a couple of weeks, but they flip 7000 pieces of common salvage for the Auction House badges.

Buy at 17, Sell at 201.  Makes nearly as much as buying at 17 and selling to the NPC vendors, and some times more.  Generally I can buy and sell 300 to 600 items over a 24 hour sales cycle.

I use to flip Uncommon Salvage as well, and often made a good profit from that, but the sales are a bit less dependable and I often had to dump the ones I had bought cheap to the NPC vendors and just buy some more.

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScrewlooseCohh said:

Yep, me.

Everytime I start a new Character I generally have them passive for a couple of weeks, but they flip 7000 pieces of common salvage for the Auction House badges.

Buy at 17, Sell at 201.  Makes nearly as much as buying at 17 and selling to the NPC vendors, and some times more.  Generally I can buy and sell 300 to 600 items over a 24 hour sales cycle.

I use to flip Uncommon Salvage as well, and often made a good profit from that, but the sales are a bit less dependable and I often had to dump the ones I had bought cheap to the NPC vendors and just buy some more.

regards, Screwloose.

There is someone (or someones) who periodically put in big buy orders on yellow salvage at 1,001 and sell at 1,002.  I presume that it is the same person, and that they are doing so to fast-track Power Seller badge.  It's a small economic loss but presumably gets the badge relatively quickly.

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, ScrewlooseCohh said:

Yep, me.

regards, Screwloose.

Right on. I don't do it, but if you've found a niche, party on.

10 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Is someone is flipping the salvage? I thought that was impossible, the supply is just over 10m and barely moving.

I noticed that too, but just on a few specific yellow salvage. I just put in bids for 5555, and logged off. when i logged back in the next day i had the amount I needed. But it was annoying to see that those yellow salvage were selling for 50-100k

• Lead Game Master
40 minutes ago, Rokkeb said:

I noticed that too, but just on a few specific yellow salvage. I just put in bids for 5555, and logged off. when i logged back in the next day i had the amount I needed. But it was annoying to see that those yellow salvage were selling for 50-100k

I may be misunderstanding, and if so, I apologize, but:

This should not be the case. ALL Uncommon salvage is bucketed. That is to say, if you sell a Mutant Blood Sample, and I want a Sapphire, the game will sell me your Mutant Blood Sample and turn it into a Sapphire. So there should be no "This uncommon salvage going for 5k while another piece goes for 50k".

Now, timing wise, yes, the prices can fluctuate wildly in the span of a given day, and sometimes the UI displays the wrong history. But individual pieces shouldn't have their own prices.

• Thumbs Up 4

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

13 hours ago, ScrewlooseCohh said:

Yep, me.

regards, Screwloose.

I just dump a few hundred million on them from email.  Who knew there was an easier way…..*rolls eyes

Salvage is (or at least was) Dev seeded (Orange 1m, Yellow 100k, White 10k) in order to maintain a stable market.  It's rare that you'll ever see prices bounce up against that limit.  However, within that limit there is considerable fluctuation over time, aka: Day Trading.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I don't think I have bought yellow salvage for more than 1k, like ever.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I buy rares at 500K (when I don't have one that I need, sometimes I have to wait for it to fill, most times its instantaneous)

I buy uncommons for 2222, almost never have to wait

I buy commons for 222. Never have to wait.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

I just dump a few hundred million on them from email.  Who knew there was an easier way…..*rolls eyes

LoL yeah I do that too, at least enough to get into the craft, flip sell cycle to make the 400 to 500 million that most of my characters end up spending on Enhancements.

I know many people like to have one crafting character and send the Inf, I like having each of my characters earn their own Inf, doesn't come to much difference and gives them something to do between when they are created and when they go into the high rotation roster.

regards, Screwloose.

• Like 1

As was written above, the Uncommon salvage market is the 'most vulnerable' one, as we saw in the past... but the vulnerability (such as it is) requires a lot of attention and (from my casual observation of last time) is to first order just a mechanism of turning Inf into Misery. This is not to say that it wouldn't be possible for an individual trying to exploit the vulnerability to profit, just that there are so many better avenues to pursue that would require much less (Auction House) time and effort.

The Uncommon salvage market is 'vulnerable' because of a couple of factors:

• The relative differences in the drop rates for common / uncommon / rare salvage
  • The two-orders-of-magnitude difference between the seed price and typical AH price
  • The need for uncommon salvage for low-value, low cost uncommon Enhancement recipes, which is an element of a common AH marketing strategy