Explain to me why rest got changed.

Ok I don't like the change to rest. It was the perfect opportunity to get your health/end back up and turn your toggles back on.

That way you could get back into battle, instead of healing up, coming out of rest and then toggling up. Why???

I didn't realize this got changed but, man wtf.

• Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

6 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

I'm not grokking you here.  Maybe I just haven't noticed.  How is it different now?  What changed? 🤔

5 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

You can't activate toggles while resting anymore.

This

Its freaking idiotic, Rest is gathering your strength back, so in essence your toggles should be part of that. There is no possible reasoning why this should have been changed. 

Especially in a situation where the enemies might be moving in on your position you have to get you health and toggles back on so you don't get killed again or if you detoggled from end loss.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

56 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Oh I thought you meant how they got rid of the cooldown so that it is now always available.  I figured that one of the devs for some reason got tired of having to wait a few seconds for it to recharge.

Getting rid of that bit just made sense.  In RL, I don't have to regain energy to rest, so a timer representing that is silly.  Beside, when your character is using rest, they're highly vulnerable to fatal attacks, so there's a challenging enough penalty in place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know enough about how rest works to go into any more detail than I'm about to share. I just recall changes that happened and some bug fixes during the process. I don't know if Rest is intended to not allow toggling on/off items. The power is still set to "Only Affect Self" while active, afterall.

Some of the changes that came with Rest was the ability to activate it while in the air (or while flying? again I don't know the power well enough) .. however it would make you fall to the ground. Rest also no longer immobilized you, I think it just kills your movement speed instead. I don't recall why that was done, but it might be related to allowing the activation of Rest while flying (again, I don't know for sure).

There was a bug that was discovered that allowed your to move while untouchable, and the fix for that could have been what caused players to no longer activate toggles while using rest. Again....I dunno, don't shoot the messenger, I just figure I add some context to this conversation as to why Rest changed in the ways it did and areas where the undesired outcome (not activating toggles) may have come from. Perhaps someone else who was more involved with beta testing Rest changes could speak to it more clearly.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

In a darkened room, several shadowy figures sit around a table lit by a single spotlight glaring down from high above.

"Is it done?"
"As planned.  Rest was completely ruined.  He's mildly annoyed."

"Wonderful.  Proceed."

The room is plunged into gloom as the overhead light shuts off with an audible click.  Footsteps echo and shuffle briefly, a door opens for a moment, then closes.

"Wonderful", the remaining shadow at the table leans forward and rasps into the empty room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

I don't know enough about how rest works to go into any more detail than I'm about to share. I just recall changes that happened and some bug fixes during the process. I don't know if Rest is intended to not allow toggling on/off items. The power is still set to "Only Affect Self" while active, afterall.

Some of the changes that came with Rest was the ability to activate it while in the air (or while flying? again I don't know the power well enough) .. however it would make you fall to the ground. Rest also no longer immobilized you, I think it just kills your movement speed instead. I don't recall why that was done, but it might be related to allowing the activation of Rest while flying (again, I don't know for sure).

There was a bug that was discovered that allowed your to move while untouchable, and the fix for that could have been what caused players to no longer activate toggles while using rest. Again....I dunno, don't shoot the messenger, I just figure I add some context to this conversation as to why Rest changed in the ways it did and areas where the undesired outcome (not activating toggles) may have come from. Perhaps someone else who was more involved with beta testing Rest changes could speak to it more clearly.

You use to be able to stack enough clear minds (or similar) on a resting target it would suddenly be able to run around, assuming the kneeling when they stopped moving again. You still had all the other penalties of rest.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

In a darkened room, several shadowy figures sit around a table lit by a single spotlight glaring down from high above.

"Is it done?"
"As planned.  Rest was completely ruined.  He's mildly annoyed."

"Wonderful.  Proceed."

The room is plunged into gloom as the overhead light shuts off with an audible click.  Footsteps echo and shuffle briefly, a door opens for a moment, then closes.

"Wonderful", the remaining shadow at the table leans forward and rasps into the empty room.

Just when I give you a cool down period so I don't overwhelm you.

YOU come roaring back into the limelight, with your humor being so witty and tugging on my heart strings.❤️

51 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I haven't used rest since probably 2006.

As long there wasn't an exploit rest could achieve it wouldn't make sense to change a power that is hardly used by most people.

Me either, i forget it is a power to be honest as I never slot it.

Main toons: Mistress-Six (Blaster), Cyber Bishop (Tank), D-Six (Blaster), Bowmistress (Blaster), Rina-Twelve (Blaster), Blazin' Bow (Blaster), 20 Fathoms (Blaster), Icee Qube (Blaster), Minaton (Tank), Princess Ariel Gabrielle (Tank), Lady Lilia M (Blaster)

5 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Just when I give you a cool down period so I don't overwhelm you.

YOU come roaring back into the limelight, with your humor being so witty and tugging on my heart strings.❤️

soobinsgfgifarchive.gif.412a3a24a4ca2c8c39479cf54e8feaa5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

Huh.  Weirdly, I never noticed this.  Maybe I just assumed you could reactivate toggles while resting, so I never tried it.  😛🤷‍♂️

Same, but I don't think it's weird that I didn't notice.  I use it so infrequently.  I typically only need it on relatively low level characters after a long fight when my toggles are already on.  If I just died, I generally come back with plenty of HP and END due to using Return to Battle or a high tier inspiration.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.