Issue #. what build is game

Issue 5 was released in 2005 and introduced Croatoa.

I'm not aware of any server that's based on something that old. (And no, even hiding zones, all of red and gold side, etc. wouldn't be "i5.")

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

i5 was around the time I came in. I can't recall if I was in just before it hit or not. I *think* before. I just remember seeing Croatoa previews and getting excited.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• Retired Lead Game Master
On 5/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, DocHammerdung said:

What Issue is homecoming built at,,,,  pre or post  i5?

Very post.

We are on Issue 27, Page 3.

Issue 27 Page 4 will be released soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Issue 5 was released in 2005 and introduced Croatoa.

I'm not aware of any server that's based on something that old. (And no, even hiding zones, all of red and gold side, etc. wouldn't be "i5.")

I think the SEGS project is working with an old code base, though I don't remember if it's I4 or I5. They also don't have a playable product yet either.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, macskull said:

I think the SEGS project is working with an old code base, though I don't remember if it's I4 or I5. They also don't have a playable product yet either.

Hasn't SEGS been talked about since ... live? I know I've heard it for quite a while. Sort of like "for the full experience, play it on ReactOS"

(which has also been plodding along forever.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, macskull said:

Issue 2, last I recall.  Which is... well, yeah.

30 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Hasn't SEGS been talked about since ... live? I know I've heard it for quite a while. Sort of like "for the full experience, play it on ReactOS"

(which has also been plodding along forever.)

About a year after sunset IIRC.  Like City of Titans, I don't expect it to ever see the light of day, but I commend the effort.

On the other hand, I do fully expect to see Ship of Heroes.  But they're counting on a minimum of ten thousand monthly subscribers, and ehhhhh....

40 minutes ago, Apparition said:

On the other hand, I do fully expect to see Ship of Heroes.  But they're counting on a minimum of ten thousand monthly subscribers, and ehhhhh....

It's possible, but to get numbers like that they'd have to siphon off a sizeable chunk of Homecoming's playerbase, and that isn't going to happen. That, or have a huge advertising budget... which also isn't going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

13 hours ago, macskull said:

It's possible, but to get numbers like that they'd have to siphon off a sizeable chunk of Homecoming's playerbase, and that isn't going to happen. That, or have a huge advertising budget... which also isn't going to happen.

Even if they took a chunk of HC's playerbase 10,000 monthly subs isn't realistic.