Character Transfer Issues

Blueridger

Not sure if this is new; I asked on discord about it, and was directed to post here. I've been trying over the past couple of days to transfer a couple of character, but it won't work. The "system" did eat one token, but no characters were transferred. In the past, transfers have been virtually instant. Not so much these days, for some reason.

1 hour ago, Blueridger said:

Not sure if this is new; I asked on discord about it, and was directed to post here. I've been trying over the past couple of days to transfer a couple of character, but it won't work. The "system" did eat one token, but no characters were transferred. In the past, transfers have been virtually instant. Not so much these days, for some reason.

Which servers were you experiencing this with? For example, were you trying to transfer a character from Reunion to Excelsior? 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

13 hours ago, Blueridger said:

I was trying to transfer from Everlasting to Excelsior.

Have you tried to contact a GM about this per chance?

I can promise you and prove that I just did two server transfers just recently with my main character (Alyssa Q'Uzixola):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1491274683

Bear in mind before I did the transfer, I made sure I had renamed my name "placeholder" character on Excelsior just before transferring.
Then did the character transfer of the actual main character, this was around 5:30 PM EDT on Sunday.
And made sure to lock it down behind me by renaming a second name placeholder on Everlasting.
I did the exact opposite to revert the change around 3 EDT on what was technically Monday at that point.

Please be specific as possible, as this is a potentially serious issue that OVH should not be having happen.  But before one of the HC devs like @Telephone goes on a wild goose chase after ghost issues and raising a complaint ticket with the server hosting service, it's VERY important to be as specific as possible to as to zero in on the issue.  Who, What, Where, When, How?  Heck even knowing your latency to the server would help.

Also, if others are having the same issue, then that helps to troubleshoot as gives a comparison point for process of elimination.  Again, the more specific the better, same questions. I might even ask if you're still having the issue, or if it's a one-off, maybe it's resolved now?

My technical experience tells me the name you are trying to transfer from Everlasting was already taken on Excelsior (so think of it as like a typical operating system "conflict" where your are trying to move a file into a directory where there's already another file with the same name, and your operating system is like wait... do you want me to overwrite the same file or not proceed with this or rename the file you're bringing in slightly?).  That said it should have been prompting you with some kind of error message and not wasting/eating a server transfer token.

10 hours ago, agentx5 said:

Have you tried to contact a GM about this per chance? ... My technical experience tells me the name you are trying to transfer from Everlasting was already taken on Excelsior

Yes. And I was directed to file a bug report here, in the Bug Reports forum by GM Crumpet. They were also very specific names that were not already taken on the destination server. I have done multiple server transfers in the past, where I did indeed need to change the name. This is not that issue.

Edited by Blueridger

Update: I went in just now and again attempted the transfers (2), and found that I had all 5 transfer tokens (I previously had 4 after the failed attempts), and the transfers were nigh instantaneous. Thank you to whatever had to happen to make the transfers happen. Such a fantastic support system 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1