The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

On 2/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Miss Mechanism was born when I saw one of those "feel good" news items you always see floating about the net...  About a girl, born with a withered arm, who'd built an robot arm for a school science fair project and hoped to go into robotics research.  For some reason, the phrase "first she built an arm, next she built an army" popped into my head.  Originally a Praetorian, she's been re-created a pure hero on Homecoming.

One day I'll figure out what kind of character (and a name) fits her sister and she'll join Amanda in game.

The powers concept is based (very loosely) on an anime...  Her bio is a mash up/modification of two characters from a different anime.  (I've posted her elsewhere, but never mentioned the latter before.  A plate of virtual cookies to the person who can identify the anime _and characters_ her bio comes from.)

"first she built an arm, next she built an army" then, on the following Tuesday, she built an armada? HmWYqjbR_o.gif

On 2/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, Midnight Blue Mage said:

United States Navy Pilot Rob Byrnes................................................................................

I see what you did there.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, Jawbreaker said:

glasshouse.JPG

Please tell me that's a stone tank...

as in "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones." rs4wmRnk_o.gif

On 3/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, Heraclea said:

The latest installment in my long standing quest to create very brief and high concept bios:

creyproc.JPG.73da2fa2103815ff6262a7bf52204297.JPG

I am also extremely fond of historical references like Anne Bonny and Revenant De Molay.

Is her alternate suit a "Devil Woman" outfit? HmWYqjbR_o.gif

On 3/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, Autoliberator said:

I really enjoy creating a character concept and then trying to incorporate that idea into the existing canon.

With that in mind, here is the biography for Chimney Stack,

1309986993_ChimneyStackDescription.png.11315d397884194319404c2bfde2082b.png

For references, I used two articles from The Paragon Times which can be found here and here.

Interesting choice of initialism and charged with the aesthetic and the artistic... you don't say. 07K1tHnz_o.png

On 4/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, Cutter said:

And who could forget this lovable cartoon action hero??

My brain read that as Farmoogeddon initially. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Also is your moniker an Elfquest reference by chance?

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

58 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

My brain read that as Farmoogeddon initially. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Also is your moniker an Elfquest reference by chance? 

Curse you, now I need to make another alt!!

And no, not familiar with Elfquest, just a nickname from my gaming group that's stuck with me for the last 20-odd years.

• Haha 3

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

@Cutter You're welcome? 07K1tHnz_o.png

Oh man, how to sum up Elfquest. One of the most important independent comics of all time would be a start.

Spanning 40 years and started in the 70's by a 19yo female artist at a time when that was virtually

unheard of in the industry, she and her husband would later go on to form their own

publishing company WaRP (Wendy and Richard Pini) and tell a tale truly epic in

scale and scope. The artwork was unique and was one of my inspirations

to learn to draw better as a kid. The main protagonist's name is Cutter.

O7pzSt7B_o.jpg  oq02-15.jpg  oq03-6.jpg

P.S. A bit of trivia, Brandon McKinney who did artwork for the City of Heroes comics (the Blue King run)

has collaborated with Wendy Pini and may yet again on a future project if what I am hearing is right.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

And here I thought your bio was going to explain why he can't exit the robot armor (because he's locked inside) ...

Oh he can definitely exit the armor: 
Sjfjh6F.png

I was goofing on the original Gundam episode where Amuro gets in the Gundam and defeats two veteran Zeon Zaku pilots - with the manual open on his lap in the cockpit. :/ 

In this case Joe's pilot doesn't even HAVE the manual. Thus justifying and dove-tailing the entire leveling up game mechanic as a series of "Oh! So that's what that button does!" Moments. 😄 

• Like 1

A bio I've been working on, and still needs some editing, but haven't really come up with a matching archetype concept yet:

The general idea is that some kind of galactic (or interdimensional) organization takes criminals that can be reformed (or maybe the interdimensional equivalent of white collar or nonviolent major crimes) and sentences them to serving as a Hero as a form of penance/punishment.  To them, it's no different than sending someone convicted of drunk driving around to local high schools to talk about the damage they've done to their lives.

Look, no complaints.  They caught me fair and square.  Supervised release is fine, and I don't even notice the tracker and behavior monitor they implanted in my skull.  It could have been prison, and I would have gone crazy locked in a box.

But community service?  Three hundred thousand hours defending a low tech backwater planet against everything from hoodlums to alien invaders?  That's just not fair.

I forget how I figured it, but three hundred thousand hours is how long I figured it would take (from the character's point of view) to reach level 50.  That's about 34 years, which is probably too long.

Nor have I figured out why they think community service "isn't fair".

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

15 hours ago, Midnight Blue Mage said:

Not sure exactly what inspired me to do this, but for some reason I've been winding down these quarantine nights by watching tons of Kung Fu/martial arts flicks. Definitely a good creative spark :]

Freaking awesome!  (I presume by "all walls" you're referring to the War Walls?)

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Once again - some more classics captured from the old Live servers! 

DISCLAIMER: These are NOT MINE. I just snapped the screenshots! If any of these are YOURS - call em out! 

lcXvizz.png

TCqY4TS.png

(I should note something about the emblem above - it SHOULD have been the "TARGET" emblem. But I was using a client-side mod at the time that turned it into the Green Lantern logo - something only I could see. So just imagine Disposable Hero with the Big red and white TARGET logo on his chest instead.) 

XIGxmwB.png

IBSQFRq.png

( I laughed SO FECKING HARD at the above! I guess you have to know some of the old D&D lore to really get it. 😄 )

DtdGW31.png

Always respect the classics, man. Salute! 😄

UTWnB8Z.png

Righto then! More of the classics in a later post! Seeya! 

• Like 2

Another bio theme I like to employ is to attempt to tie my character's backstory into the games various mechanics.

Let me introduce you to Felicia "Fuse" Flechette, my Beam Rifle/Tactical Arrow Blaster, formerly unemployed after HomeComing pretty much made origin enhancement vendors obsolete.  But she's actually making a LOT more as a freelancer these days, so take THAT you Wentworth government-subsidized SCUM!

(BTW, she refuses to help out during the Market Crash incident.  Let them burn!)

image.thumb.png.3ad0048037c391ba56809c88a8980fb0.png

• Haha 1

And then there's Chase, my homage to a cosmic bounty hunter.   He's a very sturdy Beams/Traps Corruptor, can solo most TF's and almost every AV he's encountered thus far.  But there's one particular Rikti that he's still not yet found.

image.thumb.png.7375fa6cb34ec7b08f5b3b5719918891.png

• Like 1

So I posted the pic in the costumes thread, but I figured, since we're hitting the anniversary of the game's restoration, that I'd share this bio too. One of only a couple characters I have whose history specifically references the shutdown.

image.png.73a5a231aa118619776cebc95892ca95.pngimage.png.e91febe5511c9af204fe7b5ded203f28.png

• Like 1

@Cutter

My other "post-shutdown" hero. A re-imagining of my old main into a Dark/Savage tanker. He took a long time to consider making, and more than a few AT and power iterations. TBH I'm still not convinced this should be his final "push-to-50" incarnation, but we'll see how that goes.

image.thumb.png.06f7b94456f4425223643ef92ff16b6c.png

@Cutter

Another in my series of folklore and mythological themed heroes.  For my new dark armor tanker I did not stray far from the official lore of dark powers.  Based on the folk figure of the same name:

animasola.JPG.8ffa0859091c401e22e5ec536b55ffbb.JPG

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291