The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

25274188_AcesandEights.thumb.JPG.a6d0092435613c22bf0f99f877ad4c7f.JPG

I am the personification of a Legend. I am what has remained. I was brought forth upon the wings of Pain and Suffering. Of Pride and Vanity.  On one side of my creation was James, Known to All as "Wild" Bill a  lawman, gambler, soldier, gunfighter, spy. On the other was Jack, Drunkard, failed miner, poor gambler, reckless and hotheaded fool. My birth was in Deadwood in the Dakota Territories. A land already full of restless spirits, unanchored pain and deep suffering. Two had crossed paths and. as so often happens, one had won and one had lost.  Upon this day Bill had offered to buy Jack breakfast to make up for his losses. Jack refused and became angry. One went to play poker, one went to brood, to stew, to froth and bubble with rage. Killing rage. Fate sat in the room that morning as she so often does. Gently rolling The Dice in her hand. She watched Bill sit down with his back to the door. There, a slight smile creased her lips as she watched Jack come up behind Bill and, in his self induced wrath at the Universe, pull his gun. I could hear The Dice tumble and bounce across the board. 2 Paths opened before her as Fate watched the changing faces of The Dice on their roll. 2 Single pips. It was done. The Hammer Fell, the Shot blossomed forth like an Evil Flower. A Titan was removed from the Board and I took Shape. I was given a Name: Aces and Eights. The Dead Mans Hand.

• Like 2

My latest alt...

Midnight_Rasp.thumb.JPG.5b6ddb5a07c9645398f461448571b40a.JPG

Midnight Rasp

Savage/Dark Brute

Siduri hadn't even been born when Emperor Cole had won the war against Hamidon, but she had heard plenty about it from her parents who had fought alongside many other soldiers. But did they get the recognition they deserved for fighting Hamidon and its minions? No. They were cast aside, forgotten. No special titles, no thanks. no rewards for the lives spent and blood spilled. So they returned to Cole's new city willing to destroy anything and anyone to get the recognition they deserved.

That was the world Siduri had grown up in, but she was fed up with fighting with every other mob in Praetoria and getting their backsides handed to them. So even though she has sliced n diced her way through The Gauntlet to claim her rank among the Destroyers, she knew it would never be enough. So in a deal with Neuron, she delivered her entire crew as test subjects in exchange for getting herself jacked with super powers all her own.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

36 minutes ago, DarkWing said:

I regret not making a bios on my character. Is there a way to do it with an existing account?

Open the menu.

Go to the I.D.

Type in your bio in the space provided at the bottom of the new screen.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

22 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Open the menu.

Go to the I.D.

Type in your bio in the space provided at the bottom of the new screen.

You can also copy/paste into that space using CTRL-V (the control button plus the letter v button)  from an existing document. I recommend using notepad, since that removes all formatting and lets you get a clean copy with only letters and punctuation.

I mention this mainly because you cannot SAVE the progress on your bio just using the game UI.

Also keep in mind there's a limit of the amount of characters (letters, spacing) you can put into the game bio. I forget what that limit is. But it's usually enough for the Cliff notes version of a character story that you see displayed here.  You might need to do some experimentation on what that limit is. 

I think the first rule of bios is something that Ascendant (with an A) taught me long ago. Try to keep it as close to an "elevator pitch" as you can and you'll be fine. Once you have the basic idea there, you can embellish it until you reach the limit of what the Bio field will allow. 

What's an "elevator pitch"?  Back in the days of people like Gene Roddenberry trying to sell Star Trek to TV executives, legend has it that you sometimes had to catch them in the elevator going down to the lobby from the corporate offices to have any hope of having the kind of private meeting that inevitably seemed to keep getting put off. And you had to sell your idea in the amount of time it took for the elevator to travel from the top floors to the lobby while you had your "captive audience". Which was - on average, about 30 seconds. That's why it's often told that Gene Roddenberry sold Star Trek to the execs as "Wagon Train to the Stars" because they had to be sold the idea in language they understood. (And it was all westerns back in those days) 

Thus the term "elevator pitch". You're trying to grab us with your idea in the first paragraph. If you fail we get bored and move on. It's brutal, but it's reality. If you succeed, you have the rest of the bio space to tell the rest of the story. 

7 minutes ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

[snip]

Also keep in mind there's a limit of the amount of characters (letters, spacing) you can put into the game bio. I forget what that limit is. But it's usually enough for the Cliff notes version of a character story that you see displayed here.  You might need to do some experimentation on what that limit is.

[snip]

The character limit is 1023 for some odd reason (no pun intended).

As an atheist gamer, I don't believe in god mode

1 hour ago, Carandiru said:

I already know what your favorite animal is

Most of them keep pet catgirls, but one of them has a dog (and the brothers don't like him much and never talk about Terrabull 'cause he's a villain).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Alyssa Q'Uzixola

pronunciation is " ə'lɪsə  'kyuzi-ek'solə "; last name sounds like Ku-UZI-ex-oh-la )

CoH Archetype: Blaster, Fire/Energy

ck2ZqvV.png

Profile realism render

YKfVpzt.png

Alyssa and Ynnea realism render

LuE4cDM.jpg

Edited by agentx5
  • Like 6

Ynnea

CoH Archetype: Defender, Empathy/Radiation

her true form:

daNkB6c.png

armored goddess outfit

vR40bcy.png

human form with human-like attire

4fEGGyf.png

close up rendering of her face in human form

R1krE0Q.png

ncQszSg.jpg

Edited by agentx5
  • Like 5

Kali Q'Uzixola

(pronunciation " kæli 'kyuzi-ek'solə "; last name sounds like Ku-UZI-ex-oh-la )

CoH Archetype: Corruptor, Ice/Kinetics

SWn4XRR.png

Young Kali

jafBS9L.png

Tortured Kali

6Y3L7Il.png

Fallen Kali

Dl7ybiQ.png

Edited by agentx5
  • Like 6

Azazel

(lore note: in Azazel and Ynnea's language, Yrre means the same thing as Yahwey/God/Allah/powers-that-be)

CoH Archetype: Dominator Dark/Dark  (also I've considered a Necro/Dark Mastermind)
4d5jwZS.png

Progeny of his... also villians
grvDjmS.png

Edited by agentx5