The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

I've played all of the armor sets except Stone, which I decided I'd give a try now that it has been improved.  So...

daisy-may.thumb.JPG.309cbaec61256d0f263924cd29dec7e0.JPG

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

In my head, Pete Steel and Kenny Hickey sing this as a shanty version of All Hallows Eve. (They make it work.)

The Syn of Saint Grimm

In the dank, musty grave of Saint Grimm
There lies buried a sad story of Syn
A chosen man of the cloth
But soon gave into the flesh of a goth
She was wispy and sultry and so full of charm
He promised love and devotion and would keep her from harm

Married one day, child the next
The kingdom was theirs at her father's behest
Saint Grimm!, she cried. Saint Grimm you are wise!
Tell me how I may please you and do not lie
"Love me and honor me and you shall rise."
"I'll love and honor you and you will also rise!"

Ho he ho
Saint Grimm and his wife he betrothed
Together they rode, together they clothed
Many a man, woman and child
Givers, the Saints they were
But love costs nothing a penny they sold
But love costs nothing a penny crumbled

Under the midnight light of the moon
Wicked Syn was abound
Come to take the life of the first man she found
Saint Grimm answered the call, unknowingly he swooned
She was a vampire and a beauty and all soon would know
That he was a liar and conspired and his life has now crumbled

Ho he ho
Ho he ho
Saint Grimm his life cannot be amended
Once so proud now covered in shroud
No man nor woman or child commends him
Sinner he is, the silence so loud
And love costs nothing a penny he stole
And love costs nothing a penny crumbled

Screenshot 2021-12-05 220325.png

Edited by Echo Night
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

I find it a lot easier to create backgrounds for characters of Praetorian origin, likely because Praetoria's lore is much more established compared to Primal Earth.  Compared to my Primal types, my Praetorians almost always have more flavor out of the box.  I have headcannon for my Primals for sure but just haven't sat down to put their zest into words.  So here's a few of my Praetorians that I have done so with.

Augmented Reality, a solid-light hologram of a person who believes they are playing Guardians of Praetoria (a popular game mentioned in passing during the Deputy Assistant of Information's story arc), except they are instead unknowingly controlling an actual holographic soldier employed by the IDF to fight the Resistance.  Due to character limits I couldn't add the extra note that, following the events of the Praetorian story and learning the truth about what they actually were doing, this particular player was able to get in touch with the Vanguard after fleeing Praetoria who were then able to set up and authorize continued use of the VR hologram tech so that the player could continue fighting the good fight.

1827842660_AugmentedReality.thumb.JPG.b9eb54a5f09566c1d8c934e17d26983f.JPG

Megan Volt, the only survivor of a super soldier program devised by Neuron that involved subjecting its (unwilling) participants to painful and deadly amounts of electricity, much like Synapse but conducted differently.  Also similar to Synapse, she's pissed and wants to do whatever she can to bring down Neuron and the Empire that allowed this to happen to her.

1665431234_MeganVolt.JPG.9b5273fd8d7ac7bbb033999741d8fa82.JPG

Outland Warrior, a scavenger from a region of Praetorian Earth deemed too inhospitable for even Hamidon to reclaim (someplace like the Sahara or the Australian Outback perhaps).  The humans that reside there live Mad Max style, but stories of a utopia beyond the wastes occasionally sees the hardiest attempt to find it.  One such adventurer was able to reach the city of Praetoria but found that the utopia he had discovered was nothing like the legends foretold.

1350492237_OutlandWarrior.JPG.56702ed7d0e392f014558c44e4fafb61.JPG

Finally, a non-Praetorian I gave a quick blurb to.  Created during Halloween, Kindred Huntress is a vampire turned vampire hunter after being demonstrated unusual compassion by a group of humans so now she goes after the vampires seeking to harm humanity as a means of returning the favor.

1088184374_KindredHuntress.thumb.JPG.107e4321020ecec7c33c5fdbfdae30c2.JPG

Edited by ZorkNemesis
Swapped file formats to save on upload space
  • Like 3

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Now in enormous size for better reading... and because I'm still working out this stupid photo capture stuff.

MilkBodyShot.thumb.png.e495f514a8b2ecc322a13bf439ad5caa.pngMilkBio.thumb.png.c5e6a9559435be362316aae69b32855d.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

• 2 weeks later

I'm going to post a few of my bios, starting with this one, since she's my main toon, and I've been complimented on the bio in game.

Ardat_bio.thumb.png.e3d3cd006ccbb40c40f3bbcebc0cee6b.png

Not a vampire... something much older, but not unredeemable.  As in many tales, the Monster was defeated by a Hero, who was as wise as he was powerful.  He bound her, and turned a Monster into a Guardian.  Over centuries, she has paid her debt to civilization, and learned many things - that she cannot alone stop an invading army, that museums are happy to employ someone who is fluent in Sumerian and Akkadian, and that, perhaps, it is now time to fight again, as a Guardian for all people.

Not a vampire.  Not a Djinnah, although the Hero in the description is in fact King Solomon.  Not really a succubus, not in the ordinary sense certainly.

• Like 5

This character is based on an in joke, but I think the general idea carries.  I should have found a picture of him standing next to someone else - he's only about four feet tall.

Alien_bio.thumb.png.2b1678b0c718ded499e613a36a9154d1.png

Greetings fellow Earthling! Can I interest you in Electrofleen? Electrofleen your house!  Electrofleen your cat! Our patent Electrofleen Unit can do all of these!  Buy now for a low, low monthly payment of 19.99!  What a deal! Comes with a natty harness and I'll even throw in the first three oz. of Plutonium for free! What a deal! Offer not valid in some states.  Consult your local EPA/AEC/NRC before using.  No warranty implied.  May cause loss of hair, or mild skin cancer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later

I had this Ice Blast/Sonic Manipulation blaster named "Coldcore", but I wasn't really sold on the name and I hadn't written a bio for him. But I played him a bit this evening and started turning over "pun" names that would fit his powerset combination. And suddenly, I had both a new name and a bio to explain it:

Tony Coldwell's mutation came with a downside. While it granted him the ability to control ice and snow, it took his hearing. But Tony wouldn't let that stop him - he realized he could take advantage of his deafness by employing technology to generate intense, focused sound waves that would overwhelm opponents with their sheer volume - a volume he was effectively immune to.

He became ...

The Deafroster!

1636318445_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_06.18-14_19_26_51.thumb.png.c9f9aa7a3a32bd41e6c5d1dc23a33571.png

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This character came about thru a fusion of V-Ger from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and a passage from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I give you my Gravity/Energy Dominator, EMISSARY-1

Emissary1-CoHRef.thumb.png.5cbccf2982f99b5e0aa61749ef7ca3a6.png

Emissary1-Bio.png.38941545adc4fbdc4711ec0afd7584d1.png

• Like 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!