The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

My Kin/Rad Defender, Multiball Bonus

MultiballBonus-CoHRef.thumb.png.6c94b12f9019efbb255e2e2c484cdbc2.png

MultiballBonus-Bio.png.063a096cb8be69fe065444c8db75f5b6.png

• Haha 3

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Continuing the 'silly' trend, this is Ultra Fine Organism (aka "UFO").  

Yes she's monochromatic for a reason.  🙂

UFO-CohRef.thumb.png.027c11eca9f34e45c8777d98000e6ebb.png

UFO-Bio.png.b7d0208d647d4af868dedd984d46addc.png

• Like 3

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

And because everyone needs a shortstack with a shrill voice and a green thumb...

PollenMistress-CohRef.thumb.png.02ff860789d27c75b6001c578ef46f36.png

PollenMistress-Bio.png.dee59d0dce9e04b6056579a9e0b1ae35.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

Hell's Hitwoman - your basic 80's noir vigilante

HellsHitwoman-Cohref1.thumb.png.a01ca7c695889fd72d5955b0ed42166b.png

HellsHitwoman-Cohref2.thumb.jpg.17f89b0e099309e9ecdf77ce7ceef472.jpg

HellsHitwoman-Bio.png.c35515ebcb210ed34d3393c1c09a71c0.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

A trio of my old Pre-Shutdown characters that I'm working on leveling up. Plus some additional fun tidbits that just didn't fit in the bio page limits. 

injXvRA.png

Pete makes a small living these days as a part-time Private Investigator and consultant to the PPD. His shape-shifting abilities and ability to mimic voices (that he plays down as C8) have allowed him to infiltrate several gangs and come away with amazing amounts of intel. Some in the underworld think that there's an entirely DIFFERENT superhero working with the PPD.

Since Superspeed is his main travel power - you'd think he wouldn't bother with cars. But in fact he loves them. He favors Ford cars and British sports cars. He drives a British Leyland Mini Cooper to get around town in his secret ID.

He's slowly restoring an old 1967 Mustang to mint condition and is thinking seriously about buying a 1961 Studebaker Avanti.

He's still doing the occasional catch-up on cultural goings on, since he was literally buried in a collapsed villain's lair for over 30 years.

There was that one time when he was embarrassed when he discovered Disco - initially thought he liked it - then discovered everyone else most emphatically DID NOT.
(Still likes the movie Xanadu with ELO and Olivia Newton John. But considers it a guilty pleasure and will NEVER watch it when anyone else would see him.)

1DeLNZB.png

A few comments on Kara's wings: as she is equipped with a 18' wingspread, Kara has found many things that "normal" people take for granted to be difficult or nearly impossible. A short list includes: sleep on her back, ride in almost any car, ride in most planes, fit in the average shower or toilet stall, wear most (un-modified) clothing, or even walk down a store isle and not brush against anything.

While in Paragon City, she's been a student at PCU taking courses in Nursing and Theater.

Although she can vastly accelerate healing with her powers, she still wants practical medical knowledge just in case.

She's also volunteered for various tests and documentation of her body and mutations with medical experts in the various superhero treatment fields. Mediport technology might have a chance of not working, and she wants certain doctors to know how to treat her - again - just in case.

As for the theater courses? She doesn't think there's any real chance of being cast or appearing in any theater, movie or TV production as anything but "herself". So she's concentrating on voice acting. She's already done voice work for some game and animation studios and is starting to become known for her range.

TVdkq58.png

(If you suspected, based on the bio, that Lily is an "unreliable narrator"  - give yourself a pat on the back.)

Lily is pretty much a full-time... Well some would say "villain" others would say "mercenary" if they're more charitable. She's walked all over the legal and moral lines so much it's difficult to categorize her. She would just say "I follow my own rules because I can."

But the absolute LAST thing anyone would suspect of her is that between various jobs/missions/bounty hunting/henching etc, that she supplements her income via online stock brokering and accounting under the assumed name of Erica Langley.

She doesn't appear in that persona very often (it takes some rather extensive make-up work to pull it off) so she's known as something of a recluse. But some very prominent people in both Paragon City and the Isles have had their books balanced and taxes done by her (including Statesman and Manticore, or so its rumored).

And it's the one activity of hers where she scrupulously follows the law. Particularly tax law.

"I may occasionally rob banks and break knees, but even I don't want the IRS after me. What do you think I am, crazy?"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 10/15/2022 at 6:04 AM, Dynamo-Joe said:

TVdkq58.png

Hey, I read that book too! Really enjoyed it. I've always kind of secretly hoped for a sequel.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

• 3 weeks later

My Fire3 Dom is sort of an expy of Madelyne Pryor, but drafted from the Redside clone arc as if the character had been one of the enemy clones from the Army of Me badge (which she does wear), but defeated the original villain instead.

image.png.5e74788dfd2cafb01711bb8052b52637.png

no idea why the darned screenshot turned out so dark but oh well.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
Clarified the wording, which was ambiguous.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 months later
  • 2 weeks later

image.png.370f44daf821e97d85eab5467579fe1c.png

I have a number of Skittles other than the primary two.  Orange (Fire / Kin 'ruptor), Blue (EA / Lec 'fender) and this Green one (Kin / Rad 'Fender) that are all alternative universe outcomes of the same premise.  Posting this one because I've had a lot of positive /tells about the use of colour on the costume.

• 3 weeks later

I have to admit…using ChatGPT to create 1023 character bio’s is stupidly easy now.  Really, there’s zero reason for someone to not have a decent bio.  

I’ve been having fun feeding it my own ‘homebrew’ bios and asking it to generate similar ones.  Some are actually -much- better than what I originally intended.  

I’m also enjoying using it for creating appropriate superhero names by feeding it my powers and a little bit of the bio.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

جادوگر درخت AKA Samarkand

Magic Dominator
Plant control/Darkness/Soul

u9z4V3k.png

Early Life

Samarkand will tell you she is not actually from Samarkand. But her home town is no longer on any map. When she was born around 1200 A.D., she lived outside what is now Samarkand in southeastern Uzbekistan. After the Mongols invaded the Khwarezmian Empire in 1219, she was buried alive as a witch. She doesn’t remember a lot from that time.

The End of a Long Sleep

She was unearthed by archaeologists in 2018. What they thought they found was an intricate face carved into a massive tree stump. But after they brought in lighting to begin carefully excavating the carving and massive root system, the face began to speak. It kept repeating a single word - the old Persian word for water.

image.png.3763c07e4a52392c1b8afae674a11ed3.png

Current Life

Although she has been acting in all respects as a proper hero since getting reoriented, authorities still have her under observation due to initial instability.

The Persian language has changed a lot over that time. That largely is why she doesn’t mind being called Samarkand. Farsi speakers don’t pronounce Firuzeh as she remembers.

Powers

Firuzeh never studied magic formally. It was always something that came naturally to her. The fact that all her power is ultimately drawn from the Netherworld was a complete surprise to her. Though her memory is deeply fragmented, her earliest memory of her magic was simply being upset that a flower her father had given her mother had died. She looked at it lovingly and dark tendrils came from the ground and healed it.

The following is classified at FC Level 3: Insert clearance code to enable.

Firuzeh can photosynthesize and ‘eat’ through her skin. For her own rapid healing, she essentially rapidly stitches her own wounds with plant based fibers. These eventually seem to return to something more like skin.

Perhaps not for the faint of heart, while she prefers to empower the growth of plants in dirt to ensnare those she is sent to arrest, she can grow plants from within a foe.

Edited by blackhand
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later

F2EYPZf.png

Emma Corleone, 1950

Origin

Emma Corleone grew up in a traveling circus. Her father was a magician. Her mother was a fortune teller but had died in childbirth. Possibly attributed to the birth complications, Emma was mute. Despite those challenges, Emma thrived. Her father was devoted and kind. And the small circus was like a big family. The entire circus, in fact, learned sign language so they could understand Emma. (They also found it came in handy often in the fleecing of the rubes). Emma became adept at many of the little jobs around the place. She loved to travel and was living her best life.

She was a teen when, in a western town in the U.S., religious fundamentalists were protesting the circus. The clowns improvised such a display around the preacher that he vowed the wrath of god. God did not come but some of the congregation slipped in in the night and sought to burn the circus out.

Of course the circus had staff on watch and they mostly failed, but Emma’s wagon, frankly cluttered with such a manner of magician props, caught and spread quickly. As her father ran back when he saw the fire (he had joined the fight), Emma exploded from the burning wagon ashen white (she was Italian and Romani so… not her natural color). She grabbed a hammer and chased the remaining men away. Unbeknownst even to her circus family, she was apparently super strong, fireproof, and largely indestructible.

By morning, the house of every militant congregant who had joined the attack, the church, and indeed many in between, were rubble.

e4V5Yff.png

Powers

Despite looking like a skinny teen, she seems to be able to drastically increase her mass at will.

Emma can phase shift as needed and sometimes will avoid damage thus. When attacking, she has strong vulnerabilities to many types of damage and can heal rapidly.

She has limited telepathy, though it tends to be effective only with those she knows well. Her thought projections come as a jumble of imagery that is somewhat idiosyncratic particularly if you don’t know American Sign Language.

Emma does not seem to have aged since that the day of the attack on the circus.

Edited by blackhand

Here are my two PHD experiment gone wrong characters and my DnD dwarf paladin from a several year long campaign that involved time travel and various timelines, with bonus barbarian and death knight versions of him from alternate timelines. 

image.png.e8414bbdccee0315e63dce94ec0bf3cc.pngTimestream.png.7702d699ca557e8fe14b9ad5af80a8e7.pngKazuuk.png.5aee446b30dff7d3ceeb03d4527a9ae6.pngKazBarb.png.c6c5fe82129ba403a4802cf5db46621f.pngKazDK.png.d7d7eda30791818753fe70ed4a5ad1a4.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later