The 'Share your awesome bios' Thread!

GamerKate

9 minutes ago, QueenBethari said:

Wow...I can almost feel the spikes myself!

Good work on the bio and costume!

Thanks!  I upgraded his costume a little today when I hit 40, because I had forgotten that his previous build had the chain wrapped boots and torn cape.  When I start to really feel the grind with him, or hit the level cap, I will likely go back and make something else like my flying assault rifle mercenary or club/shield sewer troglodyte. 🙂

• Like 1

So I have not got my main up to max level yet, but I went back an made my old flying assault rifle blaster.  While I was faffing with character options he ended up a little different from before...

Morningstar.thumb.png.7e04b469850ffa9559dfcb49295720fd.png

What happens when you cross the mafia and the legions of hell?  That's not the opening line of a joke, as Donny 'Don' Morningstar found out to his cost.

Once a rising star in one of the many branching crime families, Don was on the way to make a name for himself.  He was charming when he needed to be, conniving and slippery to just the right degree, and a ruthless killer when asked.  His superiors had him marked down for great things, and the brash young man strutted the streets of the city with confidence and pride.  But, one day, it was discovered that there was a rat in the house, and Don found himself unknowingly the lead suspect.  He was, of course, innocent of this particular crime.  However, climbing the ladder of success had seen him make few friends and many enemies.

Called to a dockside warehouse, he was surprised to see his Capo waiting with a squad of enforcers.  The man shook Don by the hand, thanked him for all his hard work, then stepped back to let his men riddle Don with bullets.  Slumping the the cold concrete, Don's last thoughts were a mixture of confusion and anger.

Obviously there were no pearly gates waiting to open for the lifelong criminal.  Down to hell he went, to be tormented with all the other damned souls.  But Donny was not without vision and drive.  Those qualities were, however, lacking in the devil overseeing the sinners in his particular section of the pit.  Vzz'guoth - Devouter of the Iniquitous - was bored with his eternal duties and the politics of hell.  He was at first furious when the bleeding and bloody figure of Donny crawled into his throneroom of petrified bone, but was amused when the human pointed out ways to make the punishments meted out more effective and efficient.  He made Don first his pet, and then later his adviser.  After all, letting the human take over his duties meant that he could concentrate on his own depraved pastimes.

Don managed, with guile and not a little violence, to carve out his own little kingdom within Vzz'guoth's domain.  Obviously the demons of the pit were reluctant to follow his directives, until his master punished them appropriately.  But in the end they just started doing what they were told just to get it over with.  Donny sipped blood from skulls and lounged on living pillows of screaming skin while others around him suffered.  He thought he had, once again, found the good life he felt he deserved.

It did not take too long for his activities to be discovered.  Arch-devils raided Vzz'guoth's realm and dragged both him and Donny before infernal courts to answer for their various crimes.  Donny was, as a prelude to his final punishment, flayed by inches from the feet up until only his head remained to plead for mercy.  And plead he did.  In the end, fearing final, total death at the hands of his captors, he pinned all the outrages he had committed on Vzz'gutoh.  The devils laughed, not believing him for a second.  But his cowardly display did entertain them.  In the end they passed judgement on the pair.  Vzz'guoth was decapitated, and Donny's flaming skull was placed on the stump, creating a hybrid being.

Don Mornigstar was now neither human nor devil, and for his crimes he was trusted by nobody.  His eternal penance is to act as a herald of the damned, answering the summons of mortals who would trade their souls for power.  He can, himself, never claim these souls and must take them to his betters.  Thus he gets to tread the richest palaces of Hell, carrying a fortune in human souls, but own and enjoy none of it.

Currently he has been able to break this cycle for a time.  A human who summoned him had a heart attack upon seeing him appear.  As he was not able to sign the contract to pledge his soul to hell, Don does not have to return with it.  He has been desperately seeking a way to anchor himself to the mortal world to try, once again, to cheat his masters and find a way to the life he believes he is owed.

• Like 7

Psimonator, my Psionic Melee/Electric Armor Scrapper

Psimon Psanders was a psickly child, most likely due to the fact that he and his mother lived next door to a psuperadine lab. Fortunately for Psimon, he turned out to be a mutant, and when his mutation manifested it pstrengthened both his body and his mind. Unfortunately for Psimon, his mother died after getting caught in the crossfire of a gun battle between rival gangs of psuperadine dealers. It was then that Psimon decided to take on the persona of Psimonator, and psytematically punish all drug dealers and their ilk, psundering their lines of manufacture and distribution.

psimonatororigin.jpg.016c41b628e72835f3684e8ac026b7f6.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later

Niu Lien was lucky enough to be part of Praetoria proper as opposed to the hapless, doomed rabble beyond the sonic fencing, as the orphanage matrons were sure to tell their charges.  Even luckier that Cole's purge of magic was done in the city proper, so when the ancient order she had unknowningly been a part of was dead, she got offered Powers Division instead of the chopping block.  The spirit of chaos was intended to be carefully diminished through activity on behalf of order, but Niu hadn't been prepared or trained as the destined bearer, and chose the name Ryobuoni despite not being in any way of Japanese descent to at least have a good time if she was going to be having to fight ghouls in the sewers.

screenshot_200111-19-07-22a.jpg.351c684dffc0534fbc84d0a84bafbe19.jpg

The spirit and her began to bond in ways that would have given her parents apoplexy, as it whispered more curses, more powerful agents to use in the quest to keep her name in the lights.  When she was eventually told of the Praetorian's invasion, she surprisingly went to Paragon on a diplomatic mission instead of carving a space for herself on the isles.  Her press agent states that it was because of her contact with most of the Praetors - who may be powerful but couldn't lead a camping trip without backstabbing one another, let alone an invasion.

In truth, it was mainly laziness - it's easier to work in a system to reap benefits, and her reputation as a 'maverick, not used to the laws of your dimension' has gotten two blogs following her consistently, regular headlines, and a movie option.  

There's another piece she learned later - while Hamidon is far weaker on Primal Earth; when she got here she thought she was a Top Dog, but the likes of the Circle of Thorns or Nemesis thrashed her like a pup.  There's a lot more at play on Primal Earth than Cole realized, and a lot more to exploit.  Really if someone's immolated in hellfire by ravenous demons, they cheer you on if it's a Sky Raider.  Life's pretty good.

It should be noted that there's a 'ninja dispatcher' hero with similar looks to how Niu looked as a human operating in Paragon, but she and her Primal Earth counterpart really can't stand each other and do their best to ignore one another.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

Fifty levels and 14 veteran levels later, I finally came up with a backstory for my main, Flaminatrix, a fire/fire/flame mastery blaster. It probably could use some expanding, but for now I'm keeping what fits in the bio window.

"My name is Taryn McKinley. I had a pretty normal childhood, except for my overachiever, taskmaster mother always on me about how if I keep doing this thing, or keep not doing this other thing, I'm never going to accomplish anything. And then I had the misfortune of hitting puberty. I discovered I was a mutant when my powers suddenly manifested and I set the house on fire. God, she's never let me forget that! "You can't even gain superpowers right!" she screeched.

"Well, now I'm a Big Damn Hero. Incarnate, even. I've saved the world several times over. Are you happy now, Mom?!"

flamroof.jpg.7f0a2b70dbbc22e16d2653479456ed77.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of all the character bios I've written, my favorite is Joy Forever's. Here it is!

450287640_JFBackground.thumb.jpg.d6db63915899205891521b898889fcaf.jpg

Here's Joy's Space Force dress uniform:

JF1.thumb.jpg.5fd4472777fbfd16231e4c96bdb20c97.jpg

Here's her all-environments suit, so her writers can conveniently ignore environmental hazards until they need a plot twist:

JF2.thumb.jpg.dc2010969f9a8f3843fb804c24cfbf0b.jpg

Finally, here's the outfit her arch-nemesis, Emperor Mogo, forced her to wear when he was wooing her to be his Space Empress:

JF3.jpg.73b78d2469164175e703e75bd48badcb.jpg

Edited by ViciousCabaret
Corrected spelling error in Joy's bio.
  • Like 5

I posted this in the costume thread, but thought I'd share it here as well for any who don't follow that one 🙂

Jouleiana, an Energy Blast/Energy Manipulation blaster!

Juliana Omlin was an engineer on a Crey Industries project, researching ways to use fiber optics to transmit energies more powerful than mere light and data. When a hero came rampaging through her workplace, a piece of exploding equipment left Juliana blind, and the released energy permanently altered her skin, leaving her bright pink.

Once recovered from her other injuries, her mind was still as brilliant as ever, but now she held a deep hatred for so-called "heroes". She accepted an offer from Crey to have her right eye replaced with an experimental optical implant that interfaced with her undamaged optic nerves and restored her sight, along with providing other benefits. She returned to work, but her anger toward heroes only grew deeper. One day she stole materials from work and built herself a suit. The outer mesh of the suit is a dense fiber optic network that works as a transformer of sorts, amplifying the energies produced by the generator on her back. The network feeds the energy into her custom gauntlets. Her gauntlets release this energy in destructive streams and bursts, as well as giving her physical attacks considerably more power. The gauntlets also interface with her cybernetic eye to provide precision targeting.

joule01.jpg.e752981b7ee8be6ff8b55f3042091ef3.jpg

joule02.jpg.6e4b350e6480354c3600f749041d1a69.jpgjoule03.jpg.2a3f1e20f28343264d6054b3989b8825.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 10:34 AM, ViciousCabaret said:

Of all the character bios I've written, my favorite is Joy Forever's. Here it is!

So on the first picture - I apparently need to look at hats more since I had no idea there was such a great retro serial hatWhich one is that?

Joshua Crey

c07bdeba71c8574a11611ed9a8cf0448.jpg.b5a8bfd59d1c84f6e138934be376cbf0.jpg

Ultra-spoiled nephew of the 'countess' of the Crey corporation, Joshua decided to express himself and take to living on the streets. 

He's aware of the minders that follow behind a few blocks, and wakes up in hospitals when by all rights he should be dead, on occasion. Irritates him. 

He bites his nails, is geared with an extraordinarily complex blaster rifle, as well as his handy shortbow, which he claims to be 'tactical'. Quite the aim, he won several competitions in circuits with other fancy boarding schools. 

Battle cry: I could set my people on you. *snaps fingers* Like that. 

Edited by honoroit
Spells
  • Like 1

Finally working up a character for Impetua.  It seems she's a bit of a Wobbly.

impetua-bio.JPG.412b9b0f54165a4924434e6ae1059efa.JPG

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Blast from the Past!

This bio does not belong to me but was posted to the forums in the way-back days of Legacy and I thought it was clever and funny as hell. I got my desktop up and running and found it saved on one of the drives.

'Followed By Ninjas'

FollowedByNinjas.jpg.5ce573fb5db10f1c10abf0dee70e9b97.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.