Please Watch Video & Tell Me How You Would Design This Character

Bojutsu

Hello. I am going to create a villain character based on this character played by Christopher Lee from the movie "The Stupids". 

Here is a YouTube video of the character 

The name "Sender" is taken but I was able to reserve the name "Mr. Sender". The joke is that when a piece of mail gets stamped with "return to sender" that he is the "Sender" the mail is being sent to. An evil plot to take people's mail. 

At first I thought the character fits the "Mastermind" title, but what power set would I choose? There isn't a powerset for mail carriers and trash collectors. I guess Thugs would make the most sense.

Then I thought maybe a Controller or Dominator. I can name the pet "Drive Bee". 

As far as power sets, I was thinking maybe Mind Control, or maybe even Gravity Control. Then there's the secondary set...

What do you think? How would you design the character?

I am currently leaning toward a Thugs Mastermind. 

Thank you!

Global handle Bojutsu

Edited by Bojutsu

It's kind of a vague concept, as far as how it'd translate into game mechanics.  Maybe something like a mind control/time manipulation controller.  Perhaps you could do gravity/storm to represent the various mechanisms at his disposal to assure the "Return to Sender" letters reach him?

For Masterminds

Demon Summoning would be funny for a really cartoonish take on the character.

Mercenaries would make sense from the standpoint that he has infiltrated the Postal Service. Faceless Paramilitary Drones!

Either Way, you can name the minions after Postal Bureaucrats.

Fire seems like a good secondary set, from the video clip.

Cash would be a decent aura effect, but don't rule out Tarot Card Aura, which would look like Lost Mail.

Alternative costumes could have Flies/bugs Aura, since he has a plot to steal Garbage. You could make his powers gross green in this set up, where they can be colored.

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses and ideas.

I have decided he should be a Mastermind. 

Still haven't made a final decision on the power sets. 

Demon Summoning/Dark Miasma looks like a fun combination. It would be cool to add the Dark Servant to my demon pets.

But then there's "Thugs" and I've always wanted to try out the power "Gang War". 

Edit - Thermal may be a good choice for a secondary, too...but I do like the idea of having another pet from Dark Miasma...

Global handle Bojutusu

Edited by Bojutsu

I've decided that since there are no demons in the movie, the best fit will be Thugs. 

I think I will go with Thermal Radiation for my secondary.

It looks like Mr. Sender will be a Thugs/Thermal Mastermind. 

Thanks again for the responses and ideas.

Edited by Bojutsu

Was reminded that the "Thugs" power set has the character using pistols. I don't see this character using pistols. However, the whip from Demon Summoning would fit the character's style better. Plus, the whip is cool and exclusive to this set.  I've never seen any whip powers anywhere else. A full whip power set would be a good idea.

While there are no demons in the movie my character is from, I am leaning toward Demon Summoning now. 

I am not considering Mercenaries because I have read too many negative things about that power set. It also uses a gun anyway.

Now it looks like Mr. Sender is going to be a Demon Summoning/Thermal Radiation Mastermind.

Global handle Bojutusu

most characters on Excelsior

Edited by Bojutsu