Make super strength great again

6 hours ago, arcane said:

Having a single target focus =/= set is bad. Get Fire Ball or Dark Obliteration or Ball Lightning if you’re struggling with StJ.

That's not even close to the gist of that post, but if you want to have that conversation it should happen in the linked thread.

I like the idea of Hand Clap having damage, sets with no AoE pre-26 are brutal to play.  Especially now that the WSTs are cycling back to low level stuff.

As for [Rage] why not go the extra mile and revamp the whole thing:

No crash

Let it stack

Lower recharge

But lower its dmg/tohit numbers to accommodate

Wait this is pretty much Fury, nevermind

• 2 weeks later
On 5/25/2022 at 4:25 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

The person you're responding to is one of those that wants Super Strength to be the highest damage powerset in game. You can tell by one of his earlier posts where he wrote:

Which is clearly untrue.

Also, he's one of those that conveniently forgets that while the crash is in effect the character can still Taunt and do damage with vet powers like Sands of Mu (as Greycat pointed out), Undead Slaying Axe, or Nemesis Staff.

As I said earlier. There's no point in even responding to these folks. They'll never admit that they're wrong, their statements are provably false and they're clearly just trolling.

You are quite sassy, but I like that you keep it honest.

• Like 1

I had an interesting and probably not game-breaking idea for SS, though I don't know how feasible it would be to implement.

What if Rage only crashed if you had it stacked?  That way, there would be no change for the people that think the set is fine because they double stack Rage, but the people who want to avoid the crash can still just single-stack it 

Also, the -dam isn't the killer in Rage, the -def is.

What this team needs is more Defenders

15 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

What if Rage only crashed if you had it stacked?  That way, there would be no change for the people that think the set is fine because they double stack Rage, but the people who want to avoid the crash can still just single-stack it 

We actually already know what would happen: the forums will erupt into chaos as everyone complains about it even though it's technically a buff.

40 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

I had an interesting and probably not game-breaking idea for SS, though I don't know how feasible it would be to implement.

Also, the -dam isn't the killer in Rage, the -def is.

Yeah... that was already addressed back on page 1 by @Major_Decoy:

On 5/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, Major_Decoy said:

Rage [Experimental change]

• Rage will now only crash if stacked. If the power is stacked, crashes will occur at every expiration until it expires completely.
  • Rage crash has been changed to 10 seconds of:
    • -999% damage irresistible
    • -10 defense irresistible
    • -20% resist irresistible
    • -20% elusiveness irresistible
  • The endurance crash has been removed, the power now instead drains 25 endurance on activation.

Apparently, people who double stacked Rage were so upset about the proposal that the devs rewarded them with nothing. No changes made to Rage.